Silly question

deedee290

They are the cabins on the side that bow out away from the profile of the ship. Great views forward and aft if you are in the middle of the hump; great views forward if you are on the beginning of the hump and great views aft if you are on the back of the hump. The first and last balconies are an odd shape and are not always as large as normal.

Enjoy Royal Caribbean! We have cruised with them since 1981 and with Carnival and Princess also.

Captain Ronn.

Actually, only the Radiance class have the "odd" shaped balconies. Voyager and Freedom class "hump" balconies are just like the other "side" balconies, with a slightly curved rail!

Not all ships have "humps"....check the deck plans, and you'll see it, if it's there! They are conveniently located by stairs and elevators...that's the main draw of them!

I'm new to cruising with RC used to cruise witha nother line. I've reading these boards and would like to know wat is a "hump balcony"?

Don't feel like it is a silly question at all. My TA asked me the same question :eek: :D ! Here are a couple of pictures, not great but maybe you can get an idea. First one - the Brilliance (radiance class) 2nd one - Voyager (voyager class) (not very good)

595409476_brilliancehump.jpg.4c3840d431a55127211a7eadd6b8eafc.jpg

1566959192_voyagerhump.jpg.958b7062076470186dabad89f2b6e9de.jpg

Doing our first Hump in April.

Will take pictures.

By the way, no question is stupid.

Just please,

No - smoking, MDR dress code, Baby in the pools, Rumrunner questions:eek:

:rolleyes:

We are also doing our first hump, but not until February 2012 on the Liberty. I'm hoping they are as desirable as I've read on CC.

This may sound rude, but what is the point of having the hump? Is it a structural thing, or is it just something they thought would look nice?

I guess I am not sure why. But if you have a hump cabin it is fun to be able to see forward and aft. If you are not on the hump you can only see one way or the other. If you are on the "hump" on the elevator side (at least on the radiance class) you have a very long balcony.

Hump balconies are wonderful...but once we got a stateroom just to the left of the 1st hump room...It was awful..The view was obstructed a bit and it was hot because those hump balconies hogged up all the breeze!!!!

Now we either pick the hump balcony or get several cabins down!!!

I guess I am not sure why. But if you have a hump cabin it is fun to be able to see forward and aft. If you are not on the hump you can only see one way or the other. If you are on the "hump" on the elevator side (at least on the radiance class) you have a very long balcony.

You really cant look forward or aft unless you are on the end cabin, but the views are still nice and as others mentioned, the location is nice. They are close to the elevators, stairs and are pretty close to mid ship.

Archived