Help create an Official "Seattle FAQ" -by members for members!

LauraS

13 hours ago, PghCouple said:

1st time cruising out of Seattle from July 11 - 18 2024 no issues on arrival, but departing we are scheduled to disembark at 7am which could mean 830am and we are aware of this.

Our flight doesn't leave til 945pm is there anywhere that rents lockers so we could see some of the town instead of sitting at the airport or are we better off getting a hotel room and just leaving from there for the flight?

Thanks,

2 adults (1 disabled) 1 child

Depending on your cruise line and airline, they might participate in Cruise Valet. It’s a free service that will take your bags from outside your cabin the last night and check them to your final destination. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PghCouple said:

1st time cruising out of Seattle from July 11 - 18 2024 no issues on arrival, but departing we are scheduled to disembark at 7am which could mean 830am and we are aware of this.

Our flight doesn't leave til 945pm is there anywhere that rents lockers so we could see some of the town instead of sitting at the airport or are we better off getting a hotel room and just leaving from there for the flight?

Thanks,

2 adults (1 disabled) 1 child

You might check into some of the luggage storage services such as stasher, luggagehero, bounce that will offer locations to store luggage at hotels and other businesses while you explore the area. We used stasher on our last visit after our alaska cruise and they stored our luggage at a local hotel at a relatively inexpensive price.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At SeaTac, are the car rental places on site or off site or a mix?  Trying to figure out some logistic when returning the car.  And do any of them have a shuttle from their site to the piers?  We're sailing from Pier 66.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:11 AM, GORDONCHICK said:

At SeaTac, are the car rental places on site or off site or a mix?  Trying to figure out some logistic when returning the car.  And do any of them have a shuttle from their site to the piers?  We're sailing from Pier 66.

The rental car facility is its own (garage) complex adjacent to the airport.  You would board a bus at the airport to get there

• Like 1

20 hours ago, flyershcky1125 said:

Anyone know how we can get from the Westin downtown to Pier 91 with a toddler?  Would like a car seat. Says it's only 4 miles, but some services want $150 or so.

Since you have a toddler and you are staying at the Westin, I would recommend a taxi.  The Uber/Lyfts will drop you off about a 10 minute walk from the terminal.  Taxis are allowed to drop off at the terminal.  As for the child safety in a vehicle, can you just bring along a booster seat?

On 5/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, stingray310 said:

You might check into some of the luggage storage services such as stasher, luggagehero, bounce that will offer locations to store luggage at hotels and other businesses while you explore the area. We used stasher on our last visit after our alaska cruise and they stored our luggage at a local hotel at a relatively inexpensive price.

Seattle has a FREE Luggage Valet service; Get information on board your ship; fill out the necessary paperwork; get your Boarding Pass; put your luggage out side your stateroom with new special luggage tags; the next time you will see them is at your airport destination.  Check airlines providing this service and I believe it is just domestic travel.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have information for getting to pier 91 from the Hyatt regency lake washington?  I am looking at hotels for cruise from Seattle June 2025.  thanks for all replies.  going HA so any suggestions are appreciated.  trying to use chase points.

3 hours ago, lactmom4sons said:

Does anyone have information for getting to pier 91 from the Hyatt regency lake washington?  I am looking at hotels for cruise from Seattle June 2025.  thanks for all replies.  going HA so any suggestions are appreciated.  trying to use chase points.

Any reason why you picked that Hyatt? It’s about an hour from the Pier without traffic. Your only good option from there would be Uber and I can’t imagine it being cheap. I’d look into the Hyatt Regency Seattle or Hyatt House Seattle if you want to stay in brand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuboater said:

Any reason why you picked that Hyatt? It’s about an hour from the Pier without traffic. Your only good option from there would be Uber and I can’t imagine it being cheap. I’d look into the Hyatt Regency Seattle or Hyatt House Seattle if you want to stay in brand. 

just looking at all Hyatt hotels.  looking on map looks further but every city is hard to determine length of time to get to destination.  thanks for response. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, lactmom4sons said:

just looking at all Hyatt hotels.  looking on map looks further but every city is hard to determine length of time to get to destination.  thanks for response. 

We stayed at the Hyatt Seattle , nice hotel, good location 

Edited by denims
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2012 at 10:33 PM, West Coast Gal said:

Riding in the elevator up to the top of the Space Needle is $18 for adults, though if you make a reservation at the restaurant, you ride for free. It is a rotating restaurant, and makes one rotation an hour. Sat & Sun they serve brunch. You will want to make your reservation prior to coming to Seattle, pretty popular. http://www.spaceneedle.com/ After you eat, you can walk upstairs to the observation deck to use the complimentary Swarovski Telescopes.

Too bad it's closed for Summer 2024.

On 4/2/2024 at 4:59 PM, juliecat said:

Seattle public transit finally has an app - no need to buy an Orca card anymore 

https://kingcounty.gov/en/dept/metro/fares-and-payment/ways-to-pay/transit-go-ticket

Hi,

we are only in town for 1 day/night. If I want to take the public transit with my 17year old, I need this app, or can I just pay cash as I board the bus or subway?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Cruise Crazy Family said:

Hi,

we are only in town for 1 day/night. If I want to take the public transit with my 17year old, I need this app, or can I just pay cash as I board the bus or subway?

Thanks!

Cash will be exact fare on the busses only - they do not make change. For the light rail, you can purchase a ticket at the station for a single or round trip. I believe they take cash still as well, but will take credit cards for sure.

• Like 1

Whats the average length of time for clearing immigration and customs from an international flight (Ex UK) we will land at 19.10hrs at SEATAC so trying to gauge how soon we will likely reach our hotel that evening. 

Too many unknown factors to really give an answer.  We don't know how many international flights are arriving around that time, if any are late/early.  Will  Customs and Border be all ready and well staffed at that time?

The good news I think is that most folks arriving will be either US or Canadian citizens, so those folks will get thru quickly, but in different lines.  You should check to see if there is an US gov't app for entry that you can download prior to arrival and that may help get you thru quickly.

You will be collecting your bags while in the International Arrivals Hall, and will have them when you are going thru the immigration check.  The exit from the International Arrivals Hall to the outside is a long ramp that enters the regular airport at its far end. (Passengers that are transferring to a domestic US flight will veer off with their luggage for another inspection and re-enter the airport past the main security check point)    Once in the main terminal, you will need to take an escalator up to the 4th floor (parking garage), then look at the signs for either light rail or go to another floor for a taxi or Uber/Lyft.  It is well signed.

The walk from your plane to the international luggage baggage pick-up is long, with a very high escalator, then a short walk, then another escalator down again  (there are elevators also available). The journey from your plane to the baggage carousal / Customs and Border check   covers a lot of distance, so I suggest using the restroom on the plane before you exit.  There will be restrooms after you get off the first long escalator.

Good luck, and I hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t sailed into Seattle for a few years and I don’t remember how early of a flight I can take.  We’ll use Seattles luggage program so we’ll just need to get off the ship.  Since we need wheelchairs to disembark, I’m guessing we’ll be able to leave around 8am. Any problem with a 12:30 flight?  We’ll be on a transpacific cruise 

fromTokyo that actually arrives in Seattle the day before so customs shouldn’t be a problem.

5 hours ago, sellwingri said:

I haven’t sailed into Seattle for a few years and I don’t remember how early of a flight I can take.  We’ll use Seattles luggage program so we’ll just need to get off the ship.  Since we need wheelchairs to disembark, I’m guessing we’ll be able to leave around 8am. Any problem with a 12:30 flight?  We’ll be on a transpacific cruise 

fromTokyo that actually arrives in Seattle the day before so customs shouldn’t be a problem.

12:30 should be fine - as long as your cruise line and airline participate: https://visitseattle.org/things-to-do/cruise-information/port-valet/

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 5:45 AM, sellwingri said:

We’ll use Seattles luggage program so we’ll just need to get off the ship.

If you are arriving in Seattle on a transpacific cruise then you must be on one of the first arriving ships of the season.  I would not be expecting that the free Port Valet service to be operational that early in the season.  You can use the services of a porter at Pier 91 to help you get your luggage to whatever ground transportation you are using to get to the airport, and you might also plan on not overpacking so what luggage you do have is manageable.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 9:56 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

If you are arriving in Seattle on a transpacific cruise then you must be on one of the first arriving ships of the season.  I would not be expecting that the free Port Valet service to be operational that early in the season.  You can use the services of a porter at Pier 91 to help you get your luggage to whatever ground transportation you are using to get to the airport, and you might also plan on not overpacking so what luggage you do have is manageable.

Our ship actually arrives at noon one day before we disembark so customs should be quick.  We’ll disembark on May 9th.  If the Valet service isn’t working yet, we’ll survive.  We’ve been on over 50 cruises so we’re used to it.   We decided to book a 2pm flight anyway so we’re not rushed.

Edited by sellwingri
  • Like 1