Itinerary Change

fishmom

I realize cruise lines reserve the right to change the itinerary prior or during the cruise. But I was surprised today when I checked HAL's web site today to see that the port schedule for my 4/28-5/5 cruise had been completely reversed. I have been obsessively checking the excursions almost daily, as I was trying to figure out how to manage a particular day and measuring private tours with what was offered by HAL.

As a result of the change, the days and duration in ports have been scrambled a bit.

I am surprised that I didn't receive an e-mail update from either Holland or my TA. I had to find this out by chance. Or is it too early out from sail date? I haven't noticed if the other online sites offering the cruise have updated their information.

Don't take me wrong. I am not unhappy or frustrated. I get to start over with my over-planning, which will fill the time until the anticipated sail date. The change actually makes sense, and from one perspective may actually be more relaxing. Just wondered if I should expect some formal notification at some point.

It does happen. On the Noordam last winter, HAL reversed Curacao and Aruba late in the game. Some on our Roll Call had already rented cars in one port or the other and had to scramble.

I've just learned to go with the flow!

Luckily we hadn't booked any excursions....actually it was before you could book excursions until you got on the ship.....but we had a Ryndam cruise totally reversed the first day of our cruise. We left Ft Lauderdale and ran right into a pretty good size storm. The captain decided to flip the cruise and head way south and virtually do the cruise in reverse. It worked and we had great weather the rest of the cruise. :)

Strange you were not notified. We have always received an e:mail from HAL when there is anything changed on our itinerary. I've received at least two so far for our upcoming May cruise to Alaska. In fact, I received one today just noting that our time in Victoria is extended by two hours.

Strange you were not notified. We have always received an e:mail from HAL when there is anything changed on our itinerary. I've received at least two so far for our upcoming May cruise to Alaska. In fact, I received one today just noting that our time in Victoria is extended by two hours.

Great that you were notified. May I ask if you book directly with HAL, or did your TA pass on HAL's notification?

Many TAs just don't bother to let their customers know what HAL sends out. Unfortunate, but true!

To update my original post, I did get a notification from my TA. Just my OCD (Obsessive CRUISE disorder) had managed to give me the jump.

As I said, I know this happens, even mid-cruise.

Figure with 2 months to go, there could be more changes. As long as I am on the ship I will be happy.

To update my original post, I did get a notification from my TA. Just my OCD (Obsessive CRUISE disorder) had managed to give me the jump.

As I said, I know this happens, even mid-cruise.

Figure with 2 months to go, there could be more changes. As long as I am on the ship I will be happy.

No worries - Itineraries do change and personally I watch them if I am booking private tours. if you are doing HAL's you have no worries.

If you are booking privates, do let your guide know - they know when the ships are coming and if they have a conflict they should let you know.

relax, breathe and have a great cruise :):):)

I realize cruise lines reserve the right to change the itinerary prior or during the cruise. But I was surprised today when I checked HAL's web site today to see that the port schedule for my 4/28-5/5 cruise had been completely reversed. I have been obsessively checking the excursions almost daily, as I was trying to figure out how to manage a particular day and measuring private tours with what was offered by HAL.

As a result of the change, the days and duration in ports have been scrambled a bit.

I am surprised that I didn't receive an e-mail update from either Holland or my TA. I had to find this out by chance. Or is it too early out from sail date? I haven't noticed if the other online sites offering the cruise have updated their information.

Don't take me wrong. I am not unhappy or frustrated. I get to start over with my over-planning, which will fill the time until the anticipated sail date. The change actually makes sense, and from one perspective may actually be more relaxing. Just wondered if I should expect some formal notification at some point.

I booked directly with HAL for our Mexican Riviera cruise on April 2, 2011 on the Oosterdam.

I received email notification today of a change in Port times from HAL directly.

If you booked through a TA, they would have sent the notification to the TA who will have to notify you:)

Joanie

Great that you were notified. May I ask if you book directly with HAL, or did your TA pass on HAL's notification?

Many TAs just don't bother to let their customers know what HAL sends out. Unfortunate, but true!

I book directly with HAL (a PCC). AND - I realize I made a typo :eek: ... it's three hours extended time in Victoria, not two.

Archived