Random Food Question

hermajestylanie

I have not seen Greek yogurt on Princess ships.I don't recall what brand of "regular" yogurt they do offer, but I have had it and it seems Okay. I think i recall there being a coupke of kinds with fruit in them.

I eat yogurt every morning and sometimes it's been Dannon (although not a packaging I've ever seen in the States), once was a brand I've never seen before, and sometimes it's just come already dished out in a bowl. For what it's worth, this is all nonfat or lowfat; I don't eat regular yogurt. So even if I were to say, oh, it's Dannon, chances are good on your cruise it would be something else entirely. And I wouldn't be too quick to give up on Greek yogurt -- you never know what they might have hidden away. It's worth asking about.

I eat yogurt every morning and sometimes it's been Dannon (although not a packaging I've ever seen in the States), once was a brand I've never seen before, and sometimes it's just come already dished out in a bowl. For what it's worth, this is all nonfat or lowfat; I don't eat regular yogurt. So even if I were to say, oh, it's Dannon, chances are good on your cruise it would be something else entirely. And I wouldn't be too quick to give up on Greek yogurt -- you never know what they might have hidden away. It's worth asking about.

Its true- you never know until you ask! That is good to know that the yogurt is low fat/non fat. I am a big bum- I eat the same thing every day for breakfast and don't want to throw my body off too much! Thanks for the info!

At the International Cafe, they have a yogurt parfait in the morning that tastes like plain greek yogurt to me; it has plain yogurt, granola, and a small amt of fruit. We have one most mornings, and there is no additional charge.

I had posted this information on another thread about cottage cheese. They get a lot of their dairy food from Uptown Farms from Buffalo, NY. I buy this dairy's cream and it's delicious. When I see their yogurt I grab it right away.

At the International Cafe, they have a yogurt parfait in the morning that tastes like plain greek yogurt to me; it has plain yogurt, granola, and a small amt of fruit. We have one most mornings, and there is no additional charge.

Sounds yummy!

I did see that cottage cheese post. Sounds like people liked it so much because it was full fat? I prefer the low fat/fat free items...

If this is your first Princess cruise: All items at the International Cafe are 'free', except coffee/drinks and the gelato. It's a great place for a light lunch, several salads, desserts, sandwiches. Our favorite place for a light lunch and a yogurt parfait!

Also - if you like fish & chips or an English Pub Lunch - go to the Wheelhouse Bar (I think they only have these selections on sea days).

Pam in KY

I eat Dannon or Yoplait yogurt almost daily at home. I do not recognize the brand on Princess on my past few cruises but it is similar in quality to both of these. Sometimes my preferred flavors will run out by the end of the cruise but not a big deal.

Greek yogurt has become very popular, so it wouldn't surprise me if Princess offers it in the near future if enough passengers request it. I'd also like to see hummus on Princess ships. I asked about it previously and was told that it appear on some lunch menus, but I don't usually go to lunch in the dining room and haven't seen hummus at Horizon Court.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Archived