Am I a bad person?

Tanless

I have been informed (not from NCL, but other cruisers) that it is inappropriate for me and the DW to take up a GV for just 1 couple and that we should have booked something with fewer bedrooms than people. Their issue/point is that we should have left it for families to book and that we are basically being selfish and "hogging" the ship. What do you all think? Did we violate some unspoken code?

I have been informed (not from NCL, but other cruisers) that it is inappropriate for me and the DW to take up a GV for just 1 couple and that we should have booked something with fewer bedrooms than people. Their issue/point is that we should have left it for families to book and that we are basically being selfish and "hogging" the ship. What do you all think? Did we violate some unspoken code?

If you paid for it, it's yours.

It's like arguing that wealthy people should vacate their homes, to allow poorer people to use the rooms.

I say, the early bird gets the worm. If was available, you booked it. You are not selfish, I hope you don't take this the wrong way :p, you are rich. :D If you can afford it, more power to ya!:)

Hey, it's not like you booked an accessible cabin and not needed it. I say it's your money, spend it the way you want (sorry, just watched a jgwentworth commercial:rolleyes:). Have a great time (and try to find a different use for each room:cool:).

Is this a "dog in the manger" situation? Whatever you do, don't feel guilty! They say it's like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but doesn't get you anyplace!

After your roll call you may have a lot of new friends, why not have a cocktail party in your suite? I have always wanted to do that!

Bon voyage!

You aren't a bad person. The trouble is, there is a growing minority who just can't be content knowing that someone out there might be enjoying themselves too much.

Some of it is envy and jealousy....two motives our current culture actively promotes. Much different than the America I grew up in, where instead of envy....our parents and even teachers would point out a Cadillac in the parking lot, or a 1st class seat in the airplane...and explain how that man did his homework and studied hard.

But alas, many times those whining about your GV are well-to-do themselves, so then it can't be jealousy. Again, it's a sign of the times.

We are ceasing to be a nation, and we're becoming one big giant Condo Association where we can tell our neighbors what to do.

Don't eat trans fats. Don't eat movie popcorn. Don't marry a person of that gender. Don't drive that big of a vehicle. Take the bus more often. Worship THIS god. Or better yet, don't say 'god' during the Pledge.

These whiners are no different than religious fundamentalists.....their only aim is to dictate how other people behave.

If NOBODY rents that GV....is NCL going to open the doors, and make the Villa a public area? NO THEY AREN'T which is proof that your accusers have no justification in what they say.

Enjoy your GV.

Better yet, rent a huge gas guzzling SUV and hope that the goofy ones see you pull up in it. If you really want to irritate them....put 6 "stick figures" on the rear window depicting a big family. (They hate that too)

LOL....when they whine about hogging space, ask them if they strictly walk to work or take public transit. Ask if they live in a tiny tiny house that doesn't have more bathrooms than butts residing in the house.

In closing...this is just my opinion: Your GV is available for sale to anyone. You want it, you reserved it, good for you. ENJOY IT.

We live in a world that is on cusp of problems and changes like we've not witnessed before.

It's funny that amidst all of this..........people have time to worry about which room you've selected for your cruise.

That is absurb. To follow that logic would mean that anyone that owns a car has to wait until it is full before driving somewhere. Just because my cabin can fit 4, doesn't mean that I have to have 4 in there. I AM NOT going to have another 2 people in my cabin. :cool:

....our parents and even teachers would point out a Cadillac in the parking lot, or a 1st class seat in the airplane...and explain how that man did his homework and studied hard.

That is EXACTLY how it was - my parents were illiterate sharecropping farmers in Mississippi (later in life I had privilege of helping them learn how to read and get GEDs) and their dream for their kids was for us to have easier lives, so in my family academic excellence was not optional - school was your job and even though my parents couldn't read they knew an A from a B on a report card. If they could house and feed you, then you could make As.

But back on the topic - thanks to all for your feedback - its helping me jump off of that guilt train.

I think it is great that you are enjoying your money....I have a friend who could afford any suite on any ship, and he refuses to spend his $ on his own enjoyment. He really would love to do it, but he refuses to do so....and it is related to the guilt of having the wealth. I feel bad for him, because he earned his money, he didn't steal it...he has every right to enjoy the things that his hard work could afford him. We can afford inside cabins for the most part....an occasional balcony on a super sale....but if we had a different situation, we would enjoy a suite for a special occasion or celebration, but we cannot afford it...so we do what we can afford. And we try our best to urge our friend to enjoy what he can afford and wants to enjoy, but his guilt won't allow him.

In short, I say, have a wonderful time in your suite. You sound like a person who is grateful for his bounty....I toast to your health.

Rubbish, rubbish and more rubbish!!! You booked it, you paid for it, you enjoy it!! We were lucky enough to be upsold to a GV on the Pearl, and believe me, it is jaw- droppingly awesome!!! Again, please have a totally guilt-free, wonderful cruise!!

I wonder if that person who accused you of being selfish would turn down that room if he got an upgrade offer for it! You only live once, so make the best of it, and get whatever room you want. I think it is great that you booked the GV. You are going to be treated like royalty.

Not selfish at all! Just a word of warning - we had 3 of us in the GV and half the time we couldn't even find each other it was so big! We were like the 3 Stooges. One would go down the hall while the other would cut through the hot tub area and back and forth and vice versa. Plus my Mom is hard of hearing so she could never hear us calling her :p It was a riot!

Enjoy it - it is FABULOUS!

I guess in this case you can ring for the Butler to go find Mom. :D:D

Not selfish at all! Just a word of warning - we had 3 of us in the GV and half the time we couldn't even find each other it was so big! We were like the 3 Stooges. One would go down the hall while the other would cut through the hot tub area and back and forth and vice versa. Plus my Mom is hard of hearing so she could never hear us calling her :p It was a riot!

Enjoy it - it is FABULOUS!

Archived