Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

SeaYa52

Just booked our cruise - last minute - Any suggestions on a hotel in Fort Lauderdale? We'll be driving down from NC and usually stayat a hotel that allows you to park during the cruise and has free hotel/ship shuttles. Anything like this in Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks!

Have you thought about priceline? Before you give it a try, please read these two web sites, its a wealth of information: http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://www.biddingforfun.com

Just be aware, you are bidding on hotel rooms, once your bid is accepted by a hotel, you cannot cancel or change your reservation, you are basically stuck with it. But the money you save on hotels is incredible.

I always bid 3* downtown and beach zones of Ft. Lauderdale. So far I have been very happy with the hotels I have received through priceline. I have gotten the Marriott Hotel and Marina for $75 and the Radisson for $100.

Hope this helps.

Hi.. we stayed twice at the Hampton Inn Airport North and thought it was great! It included leaving our car for 10 days and shuttles to and from the cruise ship. The second time we flew in and they also included picking us up at the airport. Good breakfast also.. paid $116 + taxes for King room. There isn't anything to see in area but we had a nice dinner at he Heidleburg across the street. Their shuttle will also take you and pick you up from a number of restaurants.

Cheri:)

The Amerisuites on the 17th St causeway allows parking and it was very secure. Also has a wonderful full breakfast included and is in walking distance to the marina Mariott and Pier 66 for cocktails. Has a free shuttel to and from the port.

Good Luck

The Amerisuites on the 17th St causeway allows parking and it was very secure.

Good Luck

Just wondering what makes the Amerisuites parking "secure"? I thought it was a regular motel parking lot, not really on the main drag, and no fulltime valet parking or security people. Maybe they have changed and are now more like the Embassy Suites parking situation? We may consider it next time if it is now secure.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport? We are presently booked there for one night before our cruise on Zuiderdam on Oct.1st at a rate of $76.00. I was wondering if this was good rate or if we could do better.

Thanks

Has anyone ever stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport? We are presently booked there for one night before our cruise on Zuiderdam on Oct.1st at a rate of $76.00. I was wondering if this was good rate or if we could do better.

Thanks

Of that's the one on Stirling Road, I believe Doone has stayed there. Maybe she will see this and answer you.

Thanks

Here's alink to reviews of the place from tripadvisor

comfort inn airport fll reviews

Bill

Thanks, I hope she does.

I'm sure she will.

We stayed right next door at the Hampton Inn Suites and were very pleased. We will probably stay there next time we are in FLL. They actually run the shuttle for the 2 hotels There were some people on our van booked at the Comfort Inn and they just had to walk across the driveway to the entrance of the CI.

We have stayed at the Wyndham Airport Hotel twice and were very pleased.

The hotel was nice pool was nice and included parking up to 14 days in a gated covered parking deck. We joined (free) the Wyndham By Request program on their website and was able to get rates at $99.00 for the night. Look for the Park/Fly (Park/Cruise) Specials. No shuttle though. We took a cab fairly reasonable to the Cruiseport.

Dave

Next week I will let you know about Amerisuite. I plan to report daily on board the ship and we will be staying at the Amerisuites this coming Saturday night. Just watch for my daily review. Many have said not to stay at Amerisuite but for me going during Spring Break time and the price it could not be beat. I will definitely report on how the Amerisuites was.

Amerisuites is going for $65 on Hotwire; it's the only downtown 2.5* at this time. I usually use Priceline, but this seemed like a fair deal for Dec 17, and again on the 24th. It will be interesting to hear what everyone thinks of this hotel.

Enjoy!

Kel

How bad is it? It prompted me to move from a lurker on this board to register so I could post this. Although we weren't robbed, I can say we never felt safe. The place is run down, very dirty, very very noisy, and disorganized. We called downstairs for a pillow and blanket and were told they had none.

I could go on, but suffice to say, do yourself the biggest favor for your vacation and spend a few more bucks!

Archived