luggage tag tips

Jacqueline

I am not doing all that taping and fiddling with the luggage tags. Bought luggage tags plastic reusable holders at serendipity.com. They are very sturdy ,paid about 20,00 for 6 holders which are the perfect size to slip the printed out tags in to and can be reused. Small investment to make travel easy :rolleyes: Hope this helps, Gloria:)

Thanks, everyone, for the advice.

Might go the poor man's route as well

rather than spending the money for 6 pouches

to cover all our luggage.

I should also mention that we did all of this in advance at home and just brought the pseudo-laminated tags with us. Someone above mentioned bringing tape on waxed paper or something. I'm not sure why this would be necessary. Save yourself the hassles and do it in advance.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

I've used the plastic holders from Serendipity and love them. It really makes it easy and they can be used over and over. They also work for land travel as a luggage tag. The company will email you an itinerary sheet to print and then you print your itinerary on the other side and slip it into the holder. Definitely worth the cost.

Gail

I just went on line and ordered 6 of the tags- $20 to make it so simple to tag my luggage to get to my room. My husband will be so proud that I spent a little money to make something so much simpler. So out of my character. But I dont need any stress while on vacation. :D

I print mine on card stock and then laminate them, punch holes in both ends and attach them around my handles with cable ties. I know a lot of people think this is too much work, but it's really not, takes no time at all to do if you have a laminating machine.

I have also printed them on card stock and folded them using the instructions that come on them and they work just fine. Once folded using Princess's instructions, they're pretty sturdy.

May have already been posted, but I print mine out on Greeting Card Stock paper ( usually only use 2/3 of the sheet too as it is so much thicker) and carry a very small stapler to use at the Hotel the night before.

Love it!

I guess Princess has made Serendipity many thousands of dollars:eek:...what a mistake, why should passengers shoulder this cost.

I prefer to shoulder the cost of printing out just the number I need and a little packaging tape (just in case it rains on luggage left outside) than to shoulder the cost of printing, postage, and handling needed to send out luggage tags to everyone. You know we paid for the old way, too. If some want to go beyond what's necessary, in time and money, that's their choice.

[quote name='mytime53']I prefer to shoulder the cost of printing out just the number I need and a little packaging tape (just in case it rains on luggage left outside) than to shoulder the cost of printing, postage, and handling needed to send out luggage tags to everyone. You know we paid for the old way, too.[/quote]

That's like saying it is OK for airlines to cut out meals because we paid for it anyway.

When things like luggage tag mailings are cut out, your cruise price did not go down just like your airfare did not go down when meals were eliminated.

[quote name='caribill']That's like saying it is OK for airlines to cut out meals because we paid for it anyway.

When things like luggage tag mailings are cut out, your cruise price did not go down just like your airfare did not go down when meals were eliminated.[/quote]

Well, I've been able to cruise for the same cost per day for the past 7 years. In that time, nearly everything else I pay for has gone up. The only things that have stayed the same price (such as cruise rates) have changed quality/cut services, and off hand, I can't think of any that have raised their quality while keeping the same price. Postage has increased approx. 18% in that timeframe.

[quote name='mytime53']I prefer to shoulder the cost of printing out just the number I need and a little packaging tape (just in case it rains on luggage left outside) than to shoulder the cost of printing, postage, and handling needed to send out luggage tags to everyone. You know we paid for the old way, too. If some want to go beyond what's necessary, in time and money, that's their choice.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. People seem to forget that this isn't a charity; it's a business; they're in it to make a profit. It used to just kill me to get that huge package (two in our household) for every cruise, wasting all that paper and postage which, don't kid yourself, we were paying for. With the new system, I can view what I want online and only print out what I need. I understand that people don't like change, and that some preferred the old way, but the fact is that things change and I don't think Princess is going back. It seems to me that the choice we have is either to accept it and get on with enjoying your cruise vacation experience or let it put a cloud over your experience. I choose the former, and it especially pains me when nay sayers insist on bringing this up in threads posted by new cruises who would not otherwise know the difference. I know it's a public forum and everyone's entitled to their opinion. I just always try and help new cruisers and new CC or Princess passengers have as good an experience as possible without throwing negativity into their threads. Okay, that's my 2 cents worth. Stepping off my soapbox now (who brought that soapbox in here, anyway?) :cool:

[quote name='Carolyn R']These are supplies for laminating luggage tags if you already own a laminator.[/quote]

I kinow I put this in my original post, but if you cover the plastic with a thin piece of cardboard (both sides) and use your home clothing iron, it works just as good as a laminator. The hard part is cutting out the luggage tag ;)

[quote name='5:00_Somewhere']I have to agree with this. People seem to forget that this isn't a charity; it's a business; they're in it to make a profit. It used to just kill me to get that huge package (two in our household) for every cruise, wasting all that paper and postage which, don't kid yourself, we were paying for. With the new system, I can view what I want online and only print out what I need. I understand that people don't like change, and that some preferred the old way, but the fact is that things change and I don't think Princess is going back. It seems to me that the choice we have is either to accept it and get on with enjoying your cruise vacation experience or let it put a cloud over your experience. I choose the former, and it especially pains me when nay sayers insist on bringing this up in threads posted by new cruises who would not otherwise know the difference. I know it's a public forum and everyone's entitled to their opinion. I just always try and help new cruisers and new CC or Princess passengers have as good an experience as possible without throwing negativity into their threads. Okay, that's my 2 cents worth. Stepping off my soapbox now (who brought that soapbox in here, anyway?) :cool:[/quote]

I agree, good point! Why do these threads have to go on and on about how difficult and time consuming it is to put on tape, punch a hole and then add a twist tie just before going to the ship. Takes only a couple minutes and doesn't cost extra $$ to purchase "special" tags.:rolleyes:

[quote name='love2cruisegal']I agree, good point! Why do these threads have to go on and on about how difficult and time consuming it is to put on tape, punch a hole and then add a twist tie just before going to the ship. Takes only a couple minutes and doesn't cost extra $$ to purchase "special" tags.:rolleyes:[/quote]

[SIZE=4]I agree with what you have said....but after spending thousands of dollars of money on a cruise vacation, why should we have to?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]After spending thousands of dollars on the cruise unless you have a computer Princess doesn't even write to say thank-you...but they can sure spend hundreds of thousands of dollars (likely millions) filling your mail box with unwanted junk mail promoting themselves. They have no hesitation in putting all kinds of unwanted leaflets in your cabin ... but they can spend an extra dollar to send their customer a letter of thanks and a few crummy luggage tags....NO. Instead, like a bunch of sheep we use our paper, our ink, our tape, go to Kinkos and have them plasticized, purchase nice little pouches, buy mini-staplers to carry in our luggage, or borrow staplers from hotel front desks, punch holes, buy cable ties all to prefect a luggage tag that Princess should be providing in the first place. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Put me down as undecided on the subject.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]

[quote name='Pam in CA']They work fine when folded and stapes to your luggage handle. Some people put clear strapping tape over the tag, punch a hole and attach with a twist-tie. You can also purchase luggage tag holders designed for the folded tags. CC won't allow me to post the URL so I'll try this another way: [url]http://www.***.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html[/url] where the *** is, put favors by serendipity without the spaces.[/QUOTE]
We purchased the ones you have mentioned and here is the size info:
Price for 1-4 $2.95
Price for 5 or more $2.50
Made in U.S.A.

3 1/2" x 6 1/4"

Suitable for: Princess Cruises, Carnival Cruises, Costa Cruises, Holland America Cruises, P & O Cruises, Norwegian and Seabourn Cruises.

SHIPPING AS LOW AS $3.99!

They were the perfect size.

[quote name='5:00_Somewhere'] I understand that people don't like change, and that some preferred the old way, but the fact is that things change and I don't think Princess is going back. It seems to me that the choice we have is either to accept it and get on with enjoying your cruise vacation experience or let it put a cloud over your experience.[/quote]

Bviously those of us posting here are computer literate and printing luggage tags at home is not a problem.'

However, many people are not or do not have printers at home.

One of our travel agents told me that over half of her clients do not have home computers. This means that the travel agent, with no compensation from Princess for time and materials, is printing out and distributing luggage tags for over half of her clients.

I guess the travel agents must also "accept it" as the new way.

[quote name='Pam in CA']They work fine when folded and stapes to your luggage handle. Some people put clear strapping tape over the tag, punch a hole and attach with a twist-tie. You can also purchase luggage tag holders designed for the folded tags. CC won't allow me to post the URL so I'll try this another way: [url]http://www.***.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html[/url] where the *** is, put favors by serendipity without the spaces.[/QUOTE]

I had seen a previous thread regarding this same issue, ordered the luggage tags from seredipity. Thank you so much for the heads up

Archived