2012 thu April 2013 Cruises

granny49

Sapphire Princess - Coastal Wine - booked a category BC, for May 2013. No favorite room or corner spot, or favorite deck, just took a cabin in the middle with a balcony. Actually, I've never been on the Baja deck, so i'm smiling. I now join the ranks of having more than one cruise booked at a time. :)

Sapphire Princess - Coastal Wine - booked a category BC, for May 2013. No favorite room or corner spot, or favorite deck, just took a cabin in the middle with a balcony. Actually, I've never been on the Baja deck, so i'm smiling. I now join the ranks of having more than one cruise booked at a time. :)

We're sailing the same itinerary this year but you'll get to enjoy the added features from it's January 2012 major drydock. Although we did book the LA roundtrip for 2012 on the Sapphire & looking forward to that cruise to see it's improvements...and also no flights...just an hour drive to the port. :D

Last night I saw the 2012/2013 cruises listed - as we are wanting to book r/t from copenhagen for summer 2012...then 20 minutes later the cruises were gone and princess is only showing thru June 2012. What happened?

Last night I saw the 2012/2013 cruises listed - as we are wanting to book r/t from copenhagen for summer 2012...then 20 minutes later the cruises were gone and princess is only showing thru June 2012. What happened?

They're showing now.

At the princess site when I click on find cruises the calendar goes out to July 2012 and then when I click on Europe...the calendar goes to December 2011??

I had the same problem. Try looking under destinations and clicking on the date there. I find that the compare cruise search is not working every time.

Anyone else having this problem?

I can get Alaska cruises for May 2012 on my computer, but we can't get them to show on DH's. He has refreshed the page and cleared the cache, tried it logged in and not logged in...:confused:

We are having the same problem...I can bring up the February 2013 Carribean cruises on my computer, but DH does not have the option to see any cruise in 2013.

I suspect the cabins are not actually booked, just reserved for selling by those "high volume" TAs. If you can figure out who has them, you can probably book a cabin in the area you want.

that is exactly what I am doing....sent my online TA a very detailed email just this afternoon

I suspect the cabins are not actually booked, just reserved for selling by those "high volume" TAs. If you can figure out who has them, you can probably book a cabin in the area you want.

It might not be all groups. High volume Princess TAs had an opening 3 hours earlier this morning. I'd keep an eye out over the next day or two for courtesy holds dropping off

Thanks again to both of you for your info & reassurances that it could work out for us...and it did! :D

Our TA is one of those high volume TAs & they contacted Princess today and we got the cabin & price we wanted to book...boy did that make my day! :D

Now we'll have to wait 21 months until sailing the Crown from Rome to Galveston with many stops along the way to many places we've wanted to visit. In the interim we're fortunate to be enjoying a few other cruises until that cruise is ready to sail. :D

have you ever done transatlantic before?

We've done one in April 2010 on the Star to Western Europe & Scandinavia and it was a smooth crossing from Ft Lauderdale. We enjoyed it enough to book another TA the other direction from Rome. We were a little bit hesitant about the mid-December 2012 crossing but on another thread heard enough posters who had experienced such a crossing say that it was smooth sailing. Good weather is never guaranteed but we're hoping we'll get lucky like on our previous TA.

We got our favorite suite for the 49 day Jan 2013, South America cruise. $300/per day/person!!!!!!!!!!

No problems with booking!

We booked this also perhaps we should start a new roll call.

Which coastal did you book? We just booked the October 6, 2012 coastal on the Sapphire. This will be our first cruise as Elite!Craig

We booked May 4, 2013. :D We get 2 days in SF. Never been there.

We booked the same one, and we are on Baja deck in a BC. We are actually on Sapphire for a 2012 Hawaii sailing. It will be our first time on Sapphire, AND after the drydock.

When I called my TA yesterday, she said these cruises weren't even in the booking engine yet, but they were selling fast. Her advice was to book now.

Pat

How do you find these people? We used a local TA for our first Alaska cruise a couple of years ago, but were going to book it ourselves this time and we, also, found out that none of the "good" rooms are listed as available. :confused:

How do you find these people? We used a local TA for our first Alaska cruise a couple of years ago, but were going to book it ourselves this time and we, also, found out that none of the "good" rooms are listed as available. :confused:

Since we are not allowed to mention names or even give hints here on CC, the best suggestion I can give you is to ask other passengers you will be cruising with onboard the ship who they use. They will know if they are using a discount travel agent or if they paid the same price as booking direct. It takes some time to find the one that fits your booking style best, but it is possible by just asking around. Good Luck!

Archived