Wheelhouse bar lunches

Jules59

Here's one of the Pub Lunch menus. It's not served in the Wheelhouse Bar on all ships. On the Golden it was in the Crown Grill. And only on sea days. Check you Patter to be sure of time and place.

5470170214_2e5763736f_z.jpg

We just got off the Emerald last Friday. The menu posted above was the same one that the Emerald had the last two sea days. We didn't check the menu the first sea day so I can't say if that was different or not.

I will say the fish and chips was great and the service was very fast.

The pub lunches on the Sapphire and Diamond are served in the Savoy dinning room which a nice setting for them. On the Grand they are served in the Painted Desert. The alternate menu includes shrimp and chips and steak and kidney pie. Sorry I don't recall the other two items but I quite enjoy the s&k pie and DW the shrimp and chips.

Try searching "pub lunch". It's what they have in the wheelhouse during sea days.

Is there a fee for the Pub Lunch? if so, how much?

Thanks in advance. Going on the Island Princess 10-10-11 Partial Panama Transit, to and from Ft. Lauderdale, FLa.

The pub lunch is free. On the Island in December, they had the menu that was posted previously for the first pub lunch. The second pub lunch had breaded prawns and chips, steak and kidney pie, curried chicken, and Scotch egg with salad.

The pub lunch is free. On the Island in December, they had the menu that was posted previously for the first pub lunch. The second pub lunch had breaded prawns and chips, steak and kidney pie, curried chicken, and Scotch egg with salad.

Hi, thanks for the Pub lunch information! Another place I can add on a few more pounds! ;) Seriously, I don't remember if the Dining Room is open for lunch on Port Days or only on sea day?:confused: If not open, we just use the other available options, i.e. Horizon Court, Pub, etc. Never went hungry on a cruise! Pizza, hot dogs are always a good option!

Years ago, late afternoon about sail away time, they brought out lobsters and lobsters...Ate too many then and couldn't eat dinner. Had I known, I would have had a little light snack for lunch and wait till lobsters came out. Do they still do it or it's a ''thing of the past". This was in 2006 I think.

Thanks in advance again.:)

I responded to your post with another about lunch on Port days. However, forgot to ask if the Dining room is open on embarkation day or do we all go to the Horizon Court for welcome aboard buffet lunch?

Thanks a lot again

I don't remember if the Dining Room is open for lunch on Port Days or only on sea day?

However, forgot to ask if the Dining room is open on embarkation day or do we all go to the Horizon Court for welcome aboard buffet lunch?

One dining room is open for lunch on both port days and sea days.

On embarkation day, one is supposed to be open normal hours for lunch (Noon-1:30 PM). On some ships, posters have reported problems convincing staff at the door to let them in.

One dining room is open for lunch on both port days and sea days.

On embarkation day, one is supposed to be open normal hours for lunch (Noon-1:30 PM). On some ships, posters have reported problems convincing staff at the door to let them in.

Thanks so much! Good to know. Keeps all options open.:)

We just got off the Emerald last Friday. The menu posted above was the same one that the Emerald had the last two sea days. We didn't check the menu the first sea day so I can't say if that was different or not.

I will say the fish and chips was great and the service was very fast.

The menu the first day was the same. There used to be 2 menus but I was told that they combined what they thought were the best items from both and are only using the 1 menu. I was disappointed because there were some items omitted that I really wanted to try.

The menu the first day was the same. There used to be 2 menus but I was told that they combined what they thought were the best items from both and are only using the 1 menu. I was disappointed because there were some items omitted that I really wanted to try.

We checked the 3rd Sea Day because we thought they would have added Corn Beef and cabbage since it was St Patrick's Day. Since they hadn't, we went to the MDR and found they had a "special" with corned beef and cabbage. The corned beef and potatoes were really good but the chef didn't understand you were supposed to have big chunks of cabbage and carrots not little tiny pieces. :D

go and get fish and chips or the ploughman's. My husband love, love, loves it. So, we always have to make a bee line there. It is a must do at least once while you are on the ship. Try it please.

My mouth is watering right now. Is it april 13 yet???

Archived