Recap of first-time-ever NCLer going on EPIC . . .

DGP1111

Once back onboard it was easy to get some ship pictures that included few passengers. There is no doubt whatsoever that if you choose to remain onboard at port stops you will have have zero problems finding available lounge chairs throughout the pool deck.

Quick question for Don or others who hang out on Epic during port days:

Do the pools and slides stay open on port day? On one of our port days, we'll be doing an afternoon excursion so I thought it'd be a perfect opportunity to have a lot of fun on the slides in the morning.

Quick question for Don or others who hang out on Epic during port days:

Do the pools and slides stay open on port day? On one of our port days, we'll be doing an afternoon excursion so I thought it'd be a perfect opportunity to have a lot of fun on the slides in the morning.

Yes, they are open on port days - that's the perfect time to hit the slides!! Now, as for how early they open - I can't say...

Tom

Yes, they are open on port days - that's the perfect time to hit the slides!! Now, as for how early they open - I can't say...

Tom

Fantastic to hear! Our excursion is not until 1:15 so I am sure we'll have time to enjoy the slides in the AM and grab lunch, too.

Thanks Tom!

I rarely post but I've been a lurker for several years. There are a few posters who regularly post accurate information. Like them I too have become disappointed in the previous cruiseline of choice. So when I followed a certain posters link to this review I remembered why cruising is great. I've read and re-read this review and NCL should comp you all cabins! Today I booked the EPIC for Nov. 2012, mostly because it seems a great time was had by all. Surely, NCL will have other new clients because of your review Thanks!!

I rarely post but I've been a lurker for several years. There are a few posters who regularly post accurate information. Like them I too have become disappointed in the previous cruiseline of choice. So when I followed a certain posters link to this review I remembered why cruising is great. I've read and re-read this review and NCL should comp you all cabins! Today I booked the EPIC for Nov. 2012, mostly because it seems a great time was had by all. Surely, NCL will have other new clients because of your review Thanks!!

.... which begs the question... what date in November? :)

I think that most people, and certainly those who enjoyed this review, would have a GREAT time on the Epic!

Very good decision!

Tom

Never ever thought we'd book on NCL, but after reading several great-balanced reviews we've done it. Nov 10,2010 is our date and we are looking very forward to it! We'll be celebrating hubby's retirement!

I did not think we would either - until that troublemaker DON mentioned that he had booked this Epic sailing. Thus, we decided to follow his lead - and are VERY pleased that we did!

Congrats on the retirement - and what a way to celebrate!

Tom

I've seriously got my eye on one for 2013..all my vacation time is used up for 2012 so I have to look ahead of that.

1/16/2013 on the Sun (11 night southern)

Guess I need more coffee before posting. It's Nov 2012 not 2010. Sheesh!

LOL...I was wondering if you meant this year or 2012 :)

Edited by halos

I've seriously got my eye on one for 2013..all my vacation time is used up for 2012 so I have to look ahead of that.

LOL...I was wondering if you meant this year or 2012 :)

Yep, some days are just more challenging than others. That 2013 trip looks pretty sweet. Might have to consider that one if all goes as well on Epic.

Halos

I really liked the SUN, but I am partial to 'old' ships that still have that classic feel. She has a complete promenade deck AND you can do all the way around 11 deck as well. The observation lounge is great (if it will still be there) and I really like the stardust theater's curtain. Our team of stewards was great and so were all the staff we enountered.

2013 seems so far away and NCL will have the new ships on the schedule as well so your eye may wander....;)

Halos

I really liked the SUN, but I am partial to 'old' ships that still have that classic feel. She has a complete promenade deck AND you can do all the way around 11 deck as well. The observation lounge is great (if it will still be there) and I really like the stardust theater's curtain. Our team of stewards was great and so were all the staff we enountered.

2013 seems so far away and NCL will have the new ships on the schedule as well so your eye may wander....;)

I am fond of old ships too:) and I haven't sailed the Sun yet so I'm thinking I'd like to. An 11 day sailing appeals greatly to me...you don't happen to know when she is scheduled for dry dock do you? I imagine if she goes into dry dock, that observation area may be eliminated.

yes 2013 does seem very far away, but it will come fast. Time flies for me lately :eek: Must mean I'm getting old :p

Yep, some days are just more challenging than others. That 2013 trip looks pretty sweet. Might have to consider that one if all goes as well on Epic.

The Epic does sound awesome. I am sure you'll have a great cruise :)

Edited by halos

My husband and I, along with our 26 year old son and his wife, WERE scheduled to go on the EPIC in May from Barcelona to celebrate our 27th anniversary and their 1st anniversary. WE had booked a beautiful Garden Villa (whomever got out room enjoy) had our tours ready and were just waiting for May. But alas, due to Air Force orders (husband is a Colonel in the AF) we had to cancel our once in a life time vacation. Fortunately we were able to still help our kids go on the cruise (but not in the Villas) and will have to live vicariously through their trip. Reading your post, I know that we will have to see if one day we can make it. Best of luck to all of you on your Epic adventures.

My husband and I, along with our 26 year old son and his wife, WERE scheduled to go on the EPIC in May from Barcelona to celebrate our 27th anniversary and their 1st anniversary. WE had booked a beautiful Garden Villa (whomever got out room enjoy) had our tours ready and were just waiting for May. But alas, due to Air Force orders (husband is a Colonel in the AF) we had to cancel our once in a life time vacation. Fortunately we were able to still help our kids go on the cruise (but not in the Villas) and will have to live vicariously through their trip. Reading your post, I know that we will have to see if one day we can make it. Best of luck to all of you on your Epic adventures.

Bummer....:(

I'm so sorry that you had to cancel your cruise:( I truly hope you can re-book on the Epic someday.

Thank you to your husband, and your entire family, for his service.

-M

OMG, I cannot stand the wait anymore....I beleive that we will buy a cruise credit onboard so that we can book a back to back for our 30th anniversary...this thread and CC is the only thing keeping me going - 3 more weeks....:D

OMG, I cannot stand the wait anymore....I beleive that we will buy a cruise credit onboard so that we can book a back to back for our 30th anniversary...this thread and CC is the only thing keeping me going - 3 more weeks....:D

Yay! We'll be on same cruise. I am planning, if everything goes well, to buy the cruise credit and book a 11 or 12 day Med for our 5th anniversary. Not til Oct 2013 but gives us plenty of time to save and plan.

Yay! We'll be on same cruise. I am planning, if everything goes well, to buy the cruise credit and book a 11 or 12 day Med for our 5th anniversary. Not til Oct 2013 but gives us plenty of time to save and plan.

One suggestion: Bring EXTRA socks ! ! ! ;)

As this ship will knock yours off... :D

Tom

One suggestion: Bring EXTRA socks ! ! ! ;)

As this ship will knock yours off... :D

Tom

:D Don't say that - My DH thinks I overpack socks as it is -- I like to bring my "workout" socks as well my "every day" socks. He moans and groans when he watches me pack.

LOL...right there with 'ya!

This thread has definately helped "sell" us - along with some gentle coaxing from other CC friends ;) - we are looking to do it early in 2012. The (slightly early) celebration of our 30th anniversary - as well :D!!

1st and foremost WOW AWSOME review! THANKS a million for taking the time to do it. As my signature shows I have sailed mostly on Carnival but have sailed once on NCL, but due to your review I feel I MUST cruise on this ship.Airfare is one of the main reasons I dont sail from out of anywhere but Galveston.My 1st cruise was out of Miami so it is doable but I usually pay for my cabin mate so i also pay for the flights.

I still feel I will have to try the Epic hopefully in the near future!!Will be asking my TA to send me info...

THANKS again so VERY much for the wonderful review. I especiall love the pics and the funny commentary. You do have a great writting style!!