Pinnacle Grill lunch on embarkation day

califgary

I admit it would be nice, sort of like Cagney's on NCL is for their Suite Guests but then Cagney's I think is slightly bigger than most of the Pinnacle Grills. The Pinnacle on the NA is quite a bit larger or at least it appears it is for actual seating.

No lunch in Pinnacle on Embarkation Day.

As to breakfast in Pinnacle the first two days, it seems to vary ship to ship, cruise to cruise. Don't rely solely upon what Concierge tells you. They do not always have accurate info. Check directly with Pinnacle. We were told they were closed on three ships this past year when, indeed, it was open.

The Dining Room is open for lunch on embarquation day? Nice!

On some ships (I can't comment on all), the dining room is open for mariners by special invitation. It was a very nice lunch on our Eurodam cruise a couple weeks ago.

On some ships (I can't comment on all), the dining room is open for mariners by special invitation. It was a very nice lunch on our Eurodam cruise a couple weeks ago.

Actually, HAL is not doing invitations anymore (according to a letter a fellow cruiser received). any mariner may go down? that's what the letter said. Just going by what I read

Actually, HAL is not doing invitations anymore (according to a letter a fellow cruiser received). any mariner may go down? that's what the letter said. Just going by what I read

As I said, I can't speak to other ships, but we received a physical invitation upon embarkation on March 19th. We went on a whim because we normally enjoy the "energy" of the Lido on embarkation day (lots of new cruiser excitement), and were pleasantly surprised. We were also able to book a table we wanted for the first dinner which we continued to book throughout the week.

We were handed a paper invitation at check in for our Noordam March 18 cruise.

I think it's the flavor of the week with HAL. Several times I've been given the invite but so far no one has asked me for it.

since this new program started -- we have yet to receive an invitation to the mariner lunch on embarkation day

we just stop by the neptune lounge to meet the concierges and then head down to the dining room

never had a problem getting in

I think it's the flavor of the week with HAL. Several times I've been given the invite but so far no one has asked me for it.

it looks like that is the case - we have never received an invitation but have had no problem getting in :)

Once again, it's like there's 15 semi-independent companies. 16 counting HQ. :) For the record, we've never gotten an invite but have gone anyway.

We have been given written invitations on both of our last 2 HAL cruises. Maybe it makes a difference what port you sail from. We did both from San Diego.
It's more likely the size of the ship MDR and the number of Mariners booked. Sometimes there are simply too many to accommodate, and it's restricted.

It will be my first HAL cruise but since my roomate has cruised about 4-5 times with them, I guess we can both go to the Dinning Room, am I right?
There shouldn't be any problem except in the case above.

It will be my first HAL cruise but since my roomate has cruised about 4-5 times with them, I guess we can both go to the Dinning Room, am I right?

You shouldn't have a problem.

Funny...... as I've said here before, we prefer Lido on embarkation day. I love the excitement and energy and smiling faces of all the happy guests just arriving.

I know many disagree. ;)

You shouldn't have a problem.

Funny...... as I've said here before, we prefer Lido on embarkation day. I love the excitement and energy and smiling faces of all the happy guests just arriving.

I know many disagree. ;)

Sail, we feel the same way. On our recent NA cruise we did go to the Dining Room but the menu was boring and the service was so slow. When we finally got our food it was cold plus they made Tom's hamburger with all kinds of stuff on it he did not want ( he likes it plain) If we had not been with a group of people that wanted to eat there we definitely would have gone to the Lido. That was probably the only area of our cruise that was not perfect :o

So we definitely feel there is nothing special about going to the Main Dining Room. Personally I just think it is a way to make it so it is not so crowded in the Lido ;) But there was actually hardly anyone in the Main Dining Room so looks like evryone still headed to the Lido. :D

We sailed on February on the Zuiderdam and did not receive an invitation or a letter. We went anyway and had a wonderul luncheon.

Archived