Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

I just bought 2 new suits from VS. I wasn't going to do it, I have a ton of suits already, but It was my reward for losing 10 lbs. I still have 10 to go but I've already seen so much improvement in my shape that I couldn't resist trying some new suits. I love strapless, so they are both strapless. The 3rd one I already have, I bought it last year, but have yet to wear it because of the extra weight I had put on. I can't wait to cruise!!

605867900_bandeautop.jpg.d7a7771be578592545bac9e0b1ead9fa.jpg

1563445599_neonpinksuit.jpg.d0b7f1c95716c6d5948aefb800a6d988.jpg

paisley.jpg.06853b80d99c5552eb0b0e5ec751d1a0.jpg

I just bought 2 new suits from VS. I wasn't going to do it, I have a ton of suits already, but It was my reward for losing 10 lbs. I still have 10 to go but I've already seen so much improvement in my shape that I couldn't resist trying some new suits. I love strapless, so they are both strapless. The 3rd one I already have, I bought it last year, but have yet to wear it because of the extra weight I had put on. I can't wait to cruise!!

Those are so cute! You deserve them ;)

I had to order some stuff from VS online for a wedding shower and I was so tempted to get another suit, they have some good ones on sale! The sale ones are the same price (or better) than target and I think the quality is way better, and they fit my body better than target.

Agreed. You have a great figure. No need to blur out your face! Be proud :)

Based on her wording, I think she may have blurred it because of the weirdos out there who do image searches for bikini pics. I've never been a bikini person, not even when I was very thin, so I have never thought about it. But it could get creepy…

Those are so cute! You deserve them ;)

I had to order some stuff from VS online for a wedding shower and I was so tempted to get another suit, they have some good ones on sale! The sale ones are the same price (or better) than target and I think the quality is way better, and they fit my body better than target.

I agree, they have great sales and I like the fit better too. And they are just so darn cute :)

Based on her wording, I think she may have blurred it because of the weirdos out there who do image searches for bikini pics. I've never been a bikini person, not even when I was very thin, so I have never thought about it. But it could get creepy…

Yeah I just don't want me in a bikini floating in internet-land for many reasons, a big reason being I am a teacher (huge reason!), and the creeps out there, and being self-conscious :o There are creeps for all different types of people out there! Ya never know!

Yeah I just don't want me in a bikini floating in internet-land for many reasons, a big reason being I am a teacher (huge reason!), and the creeps out there, and being self-conscious :o There are creeps for all different types of people out there! Ya never know!

I don't blame you. I forget that there are sicko's out there sometimes. I was searching something on google and somehow came across one of my wedding photos! I was shocked!! Apparently any photo you use as a profile picture on Facebook can be viewed by everyone, Even if your profile is set to private. So it doesn't hurt to be extra cautious.

And congrats on the weight loss!!! You look great!

This is a bikini that I bought at Macys and I LOVE it! I wore this on our Celebrity cruise on Equinox in April. I work so hard to stay in shape - Zumba once or twice a week, lots of Eliptical at the gym and I do watch what I eat. I used to wear a tankini or two piece with a higher waist because I thought a bikini would make me look bigger. The lower bikini actually makes me look and feel better. For those who say "older" women shouldn't wear bikinis, I will be 50 next year! :) I don't look as good as I did 20 years ago but I am proud of the way I look now. :)

You look great... love the suit.... I am 56 and have been wearing tankinis... i am tired of having that wet suit on my belly and want to go for a two piece... my problem areas are my legs and arms... hey.. they are going to show no matter what I wear, so I have decided to flaunt my assets, which are my b**bs and belly..... scaring my granddaughter... she says.. grandma, its okay, but too much cleavage... its too young for you! Well let me tell ya, a freind of my daughter went with us last year.. She is 64 years old and rocked a red two piece bikini.... made me sick... I was sooo jealous..

You look great... love the suit.... I am 56 and have been wearing tankinis... i am tired of having that wet suit on my belly and want to go for a two piece... my problem areas are my legs and arms... hey.. they are going to show no matter what I wear, so I have decided to flaunt my assets, which are my b**bs and belly..... scaring my granddaughter... she says.. grandma, its okay, but too much cleavage... its too young for you! Well let me tell ya, a freind of my daughter went with us last year.. She is 64 years old and rocked a red two piece bikini.... made me sick... I was sooo jealous..

Spammie you look great! If you got it, flaunt it! You too buckeye!

My sister just lost 80lbs and she's started wearing smaller bathing suits and tighter clothes and her kids give her a hard time and say she's showing too much cleavage and a bikini is too young. Well she's 35 and a size 2. I think people get used to seeing you a certain way, covering up, that when you start showing some skin it's a bit of a shock. Good for you ladies for taking care of yourself and being able to easily wear a bikini. I'm 30 and my goal is to look that good for my cruise jan 12!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So many great suits on here! I just returned from a week on the Oasis & had found a whole bunch of great deals before leaving, Old Navy had great sales and since I don't wear them very often, the cheapie price was perfect! I don't think I paid more than $20 for each suit.

I wore a string bikini most of the week, the first one I ever purchased for myself. But, now that we're done having kids, we invested some money in a personal trainer this spring & I was looking forward to wearing it for hubs...

From our balcony, with Atlantis in the background (as close to Atlantis as we got)

IMG_7852.jpg

Paramedicduo,

You look great. And you say your done having kids. Heck, you don't even look as though you've had any kid(s).:rolleyes: Also saw your professional photos of your recent cruise and wanted to comment on how good you and your DH look!

Thanks for the compliment! We have 4 boys (although I only had to birth 3 of them), so we are absolutely done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered this from Roaman's. I was set on having a tankini top and swim shorts until I saw it. I thought it was too cute to pass up even though it's a skirt. Just gives me an excuse to buy another suit. :D

For anyone who wants to order anything from Roaman's, there is a promo code for 50% your highest priced item until the end of 2012. Enter the code - RD19383 at checkout.

2719651340107179390S425x425Q85.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I think that the ModCloth suit would be cute for someone young and fit -- to me they aren't at all flattering on the plus size models (who I'm sure are on the small side of "plus").

It's funny you would say that and it just goes to show how differently we all see things...I actually think that style looks much better on a girl with curves! I don't like the way it looks at all on the smaller models.

Hi Ladies! I'm back from my cruise. I have to admit- that red bathing suit was so great, I've never felt prettier in a suit. I took that strap off and went strapless, it stayed in place the entire time with no problems. Here's my favorite photo, in Cozumel:

IMG_0861.jpg

I love your taste in suits and the red looks FANTASTIC on you!

I love your taste in suits and the red looks FANTASTIC on you!

Thank you so much! I wish I could wear that one again this year.

I have to purchase a whole new set of bathing suits now...we have a baby on the way! :D I was just finalizing the suits I'm going to order for our cruise next month. It's an adjustment getting used to my new dimensions, all for a wonderful reason. Since this is our anniversary trip and babymoon, I still want to feel really cute:

#1: With matching pink bottoms

cn4692304.jpg

#2:

MA-JENNI_1.jpg

#3: I really love strapless suits....no tan line :)

dmc?set=ImageURL[1903194cu.jpg],Imagesize[closeup]&call=url[file:sizer]&sink

dmc?set=ImageURL[1903194cu2.jpg],Imagesize[closeup]&call=url[file:sizer]&sink

Thank you so much! I wish I could wear that one again this year.

I have to purchase a whole new set of bathing suits now...we have a baby on the way! :D I was just finalizing the suits I'm going to order for our cruise next month. It's an adjustment getting used to my new dimensions, all for a wonderful reason. Since this is our anniversary trip and babymoon, I still want to feel really cute:

#1: With matching pink bottoms

cn4692304.jpg

#2:

MA-JENNI_1.jpg

#3: I really love strapless suits....no tan line :)

dmc?set=ImageURL[1903194cu.jpg],Imagesize[closeup]&call=url[file:sizer]&sink

dmc?set=ImageURL[1903194cu2.jpg],Imagesize[closeup]&call=url[file:sizer]&sink

These are really cute! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Archived