Complimentary 7 day cruise

Bo Didly

OK ,just received a post card for a Complimentary seven day cruise.

The post card shows Carnivals logo as if it was sent by Carnival.

All we have to pay are the port charges, so the guy on the phone says.

What there telling me is it is not time share, Global Services is offering this as an advertisement as GS is in competition with Costco and Sams Club.

We take this post card and show the person at the location given.

Then we will be given a certificate for the cruise along with a 45 minute presentation of what their products will be.

I'm curious, anyone have any info on this so called company?

Is it legit ?

I'm familiar with the time share scams ,just never heard of this type of offer.

Do you live in Florida? I got one of those a few months ago with the official Carnival logo but don't remember the company but it sounds the same. Googled the company and its reviews and actually called the meeting place. Reviews were bad and they said you had to bring two forms of identification, 1 had to be a major credit card. That was enough for me. Check it out carefully before you go, the company that sent it to me was a high pressure sales vacation club offering discounts on cruises and resorts. I politely told them no.

I received the same postcard today. I called Carnival who knew nothing about the postcard, so I googled the phone number on the card and read a ton of reviews from people who found this to be a scam.

The offer is in no way associated with Carnival, it's a "Vacation Club" probably in the area of $8000 - $10,000, and it's very difficult to get the cruise, dates, port that you might want, and genrrally has a "Processing Fee" + Government Fees and Taxes. ken

:D Well my wife tells me I am a special person.

But no i don't feel special for receiving a post card.

Fire if i may ask, what were the charges that added up to 299 a person?

As this Co states all we will have to pay is port charges.

But thanks again for all those who replied.

I think i may go through with this just so i can post that information here.

We all may learn something from this .

Well, I didnt mean you arent a special person, just meant dont feel special for getting the postcard.

Its actually a vacation club they want you to buy in, but who cares right? i went for the cruise.

They gave me a $179 pp 4 day or $299 pp 7 day based on double occupancy. They just said the amount was for fees. So, since my postcard showed Galveston, I said still a deal, so I sent in my money. You give them dates and last minute they tell you if they can send you on that date, of coure they kept saying no. Galveston is premium, no cruises. Bait and switch time to Miami. They said to me the post card said Galveston, but by sending in the money I agreed to the terms and they are a separate company, not associated with the company who sends the post cards.

The TA send me full priced quotes and acted stupid, like I was going to fall for full priced and didnt know the prices. I kept saying I wanted my cruise. Well, sorry. So I finally went to BBB and got a cruise on Triumph out of New Orleans. With a free upgrade. You are supposed to get a 1A for the price right ..but Carnival upgraded me to a 4A, great you think... not so fast. A cabin usually used for storage I swear was next to the engine the way it was so noisy with banging sounds, our ceiling vibrated and back wall, tv so green couldnt be watched (steward said its been that way, they wouldnt replace it, too bad). Iv never been in such a noisy cabin.

I think they gave me that cabin trying to make me pay for a upgrade or stay home. If you see a poster on here named patsea, she went with me and she can tell you Im not exaggerting about how bad the cabin was. ... but they gave me the cruise.

They also gave me $300 off RCL. great. send in a money order and we will send you the details. This one was such a rip off, I just am writing it off. Turns out you can only use a small portion of the $300, like 1/10 on a particular cruise and have to book thru their TAs.

rip off time. I fell for it.

Yes I did go with Fire on this. LOL LOL It was a cabin that the steward was using for storage - very last cabin (I think it was 1432) on riviera deck. One night in the middle of the night the whole cabin just started vibrating like we were sitting on top of the booster rocket on a shuttle launch. Let me tell you - I take sleeping pills and the shuttle would have to be launching in my room to wake me - so it must have been a major vibration to wake me. And the TV screen was alien green. But it still beat a good day at work.

I got the same promo card in the mail a couple of months ago. After googling it, I found this guy's blog from 2007 and even up to a week ago people were posting to it about the various scams this company was involved with. Not sure if this will post okay but if not, google "celebrity productions scam" and his is the first site with a trail of other behind it.

http://jer979.blogspot.com/2007/07/if-it-sounds-too-good-to-be-true.html

Yeap had those offers way up here by Baltimore. Vacation Clubs are not a deal to start with but a few of my friends at Hopkins actually did the send money oder thing and all except 1 have just written it off as a learning experience. The 1 is still holding out for her cruise. I would file it quick in the shedder.

What i gather here is that the company uses the Carnival logo as if their Carnival Corp.

As others state its been going on for years .

Why Carnival chooses to ignore this misrepresentation is beyond me.

Carnival must be getting a slice of the pie somewhere :confused:

Carnival must be getting a slice of the pie somewhere :confused:

The TA told me Carnival is the one who gave us this cabin.

----

Hi Pat. That last night the noise was the worst.

The tv was so green, that the shirley temple commercial came on, the one they show you how they colored it to current tv coloring ... you couldnt tell the difference between the color side and the black and white side. The noise from the vibrations and banging was so loud you had to turn the tv set up too loud to understand it.

The cabin steward told me, see, he pointed to his cabin cleaning list. I dont even have room for you on this list. He had to write us in on the bottom of the form. I liked him though, but the cabin was the worst.

I used to say put me anywhere. Iv changed my mind.

We received the same card. It was from a travel agency not the cruise lines. The meeting was held at one of the bigger hotels in Cocoa Beach. We had planned on going since it was local. An hour for a free cruise would have been worth it. Something came up and we were unable to go. Carnival is one of the three cruise lines that the cruise may be picked from. Carnival does not give away this cruise. The travel company does. You do pay taxes and port coast. That is only after you book your cruise and you have one year to make your reservation.

I'm actually just in the process of getting our deposit back, as we went to the presentation back in January. We found out our 1st date wasn't available, and knew our 2nd date would end up being the same, so decided to book a cruise regardless of this.

I would say, it's just not worth it!

Archived