Packing Procrastination O.o

anna32182

DH and I are booked on the 4/28 Destiny trip - and we haven't packed a lick! I kept telling myself that I'd do it this weekend, but forgot that we have to take the dog to the inlaws for "grandparent camp" (a.k.a. no-dogs-allowed-on-the-ship) and then Sunday is Easter! Oy!

Anyone other packing procastinators like us? I would love to just jump on the ship with a change of clothes and call it good!

Must. Get. MOTIVATED!!

DH and I are booked on the 4/28 Destiny trip - and we haven't packed a lick! I kept telling myself that I'd do it this weekend, but forgot that we have to take the dog to the inlaws for "grandparent camp" (a.k.a. no-dogs-allowed-on-the-ship) and then Sunday is Easter! Oy!

Anyone other packing procastinators like us? I would love to just jump on the ship with a change of clothes and call it good!

Must. Get. MOTIVATED!!

Procrastination? I don't think so. We never begin until the night before we leave. You are still early.

Seriously you are worried about not packing for a cruise on the 28th??

I have sundrys in my suitcase more or less to go thru and add clothes. I pack the night before. This is way too early.

I am leaving May 1st right behind you.

I pack the night before. I have been known to pack the day of depending on when we leave. I would not recommend this.It gets a little stressful:D

I have never understood the need to pack days ahead.

I would really freak out y'all early packers. I am a last minute packer and so is the hubby. I either pack the night before or early morning before we leave. I admit I do have a seperate "cruise wardrobe" that makes it a little easier to pack. After 30+ cruises I pretty much know what I am going to pack depending on the length of the cruise.

LOL. I have a suitcase full of "cruise only" things that go on every cruise and no where else. So actually I am almost always ready to go because I just need to add clothes, zip the suitcase and go! YAY! I am a person that does get things "organized" before she leaves in advanced!

leaving on Saturday for our Glory cruise on Easter Sunday...four of us (of a group of 12)...suitcases out and in spare bedroom..things going in slowly...my teen son taking more shoes than me (basketball shoes, "walking around looking cool" shoes, sandals/flip flops, dress shoes...oy!...hopefully everything done by Friday night!!!...one birthday party for my niece and two track meets between now and then...will be more than ready for that drink of the day!!...and when we return...PROM and Graduation for the oldest and Confirmation and 8th grade trip for the younger.. to Wash. DC...it never ends....lol...

Three weeks after my cruise..I will probably need another...BY MYSELF!!!

it only takes me minutes to roll up some swimming trunks, t-shirts, some khaki shorts, put my dress clothes in my garment bag and throw in some shoes and toiletries into the suitcase.

Plus, i live in Miami and usually pack the morning of. No worries MON! :rolleyes:

I'm leaving on Easter on the Splendor and just started packing today. DH & I bought what we needed wardrobe-wise over the weekend, still need to pick up a few more things. I also have to pack for 3 kids, so I like to start a few days before to make sure I have everything & don't freak out last minute. Usually, I'm a procrastinator at everything else! :eek:

I'll be on the same trip.

My issue is that I live in DC but I'm in Kansas visiting family and wasn't planning on cruising. Added myself to my MIL and SIL's room on Friday. I only have the few items I brought with me to Kansas because I decided my sewing machine needed to come with me taking up packing space. I haven't packed, made a list, etc. I'm usually the type to have lists started months in advance and starting to gather things weeks before. This trip will be very different but I'm looking forward to being more laid back with it.

Must. Get. MOTIVATED!!

have a drink or three to celebrate my birthday (4/28)!! :)

I would really freak out y'all early packers. I am a last minute packer and so is the hubby. I either pack the night before or early morning before we leave. I admit I do have a seperate "cruise wardrobe" that makes it a little easier to pack. After 30+ cruises I pretty much know what I am going to pack depending on the length of the cruise.

Me too!!

Must. Get. MOTIVATED!!

Procrastination?? You have 10 days. :confused: How long does it take to pack a suitcase? Our cruise leaves on 5/7 and we'll be packing on the evening of 5/6!

All you last minute packers HAVE to be seasoned cruisers....right??? If not, you're totally freaking me out!!!! I leave my my FIRST cruise in 26 days....while I haven't actually put anything in my suitcase, I've started a list of all the things I need to take. I'm sure I will overpack....AGHHH!!!!:eek:

All you last minute packers HAVE to be seasoned cruisers....right??? If not, you're totally freaking me out!!!! I leave my my FIRST cruise in 26 days....while I haven't actually put anything in my suitcase, I've started a list of all the things I need to take. I'm sure I will overpack....AGHHH!!!!:eek:

If this is your first cruise, I guarantee you will pack way too much stuff! It took us a few to figure it out! :D

Archived