Packing Procrastination O.o

anna32182

I'll be on the same trip.

My issue is that I live in DC but I'm in Kansas visiting family and wasn't planning on cruising. Added myself to my MIL and SIL's room on Friday. I only have the few items I brought with me to Kansas because I decided my sewing machine needed to come with me taking up packing space. I haven't packed, made a list, etc. I'm usually the type to have lists started months in advance and starting to gather things weeks before. This trip will be very different but I'm looking forward to being more laid back with it.

I have spreadsheets, packing lists, etc. Our spare bedroom has been cruise central for a few months now with piles of things in there. This past weekend, I started to organize it and pack some of my things. I also organized our first aid kit to ensure we had enough of everything in it. I'll pack more this weekend, and my DH will start packing on Tuesday for our Wednesday evening departure to my MIL's. It drives me nuts that he waits until the day before, but that is how he likes to do it. :rolleyes:

We get home and leave everything, but our clothes in the suitcase, ready for the next cruise.

We get home and wash our clothes, and I refill any travel size toiletries and wash our bubba kegs.

Then I put the bubba kegs into our travel cooler to store and put the toiletries, etc.. back into our ziploc bags and into the suitcase.

Then a couple of weeks before our cruise, we try on our cruise wear to make sure it still fits and we are done packing.

Bill

DH and I are booked on the 4/28 Destiny trip - and we haven't packed a lick! I kept telling myself that I'd do it this weekend, but forgot that we have to take the dog to the inlaws for "grandparent camp" (a.k.a. no-dogs-allowed-on-the-ship) and then Sunday is Easter! Oy!

Anyone other packing procastinators like us? I would love to just jump on the ship with a change of clothes and call it good!

Must. Get. MOTIVATED!!

I'm on the same ship and I haven't even thought of packing yet.

Dont over pack!! I packed 3 bathing suits, 3 cover ups and 4 dresses and a 2 pairs of hells and a casual outfit and some yoga pants and tank tops but honestly you live in your bathing suits and flip-flops all day long. I packed the evening before. No need to stress just throw your cruise clothes and things you need to look good in a bag and have a blast!

DD & I leave for our cruise on 4/23 (Inspiration) and we haven't packed a thing. :cool:

That said, we both have lists made of what to pack. I am 3rd generation list maker, so I guess that makes her 4th generation! ;) The "wardrobe" tab on my spreadsheet is broken down by Day, Time/Event, Outfit, Shoes, Accessories. Not that I will wear that outfit on that day, but it helps me pack the right things without overpacking.

Also, a BIG THANK YOU to the many posts about Packing Lists!

I picked up a few great tips.

Last-minute packing is not a problem. Last-minute realizing that you still need to buy a bunch of stuff, that's a problem.

Exactly!

Thus, the packing early.

Personally, I think getting a head start is part of the fun! You last minute packers are missing out :o)

All you last minute packers HAVE to be seasoned cruisers....right??? If not, you're totally freaking me out!!!! I leave my my FIRST cruise in 26 days....while I haven't actually put anything in my suitcase, I've started a list of all the things I need to take. I'm sure I will overpack....AGHHH!!!!:eek:

Just remember the conventional wisdom, "twice the money and half the clothes." Also you may want to consider small denomination bills in the cash you bring. Have a GREAT cruise!!

We get home and leave everything, but our clothes in the suitcase, ready for the next cruise.

We get home and wash our clothes, and I refill any travel size toiletries and wash our bubba kegs.

Then I put the bubba kegs into our travel cooler to store and put the toiletries, etc.. back into our ziploc bags and into the suitcase.

Then a couple of weeks before our cruise, we try on our cruise wear to make sure it still fits and we are done packing.

Bill

Best reason for packing early, lol.

I just open my suitcase a couple days before, or the night before, and start chunking things in as I think of them.

Then I come back and roll things.

A couple of years ago I saw a couple in the terminal carrying clothes on hangars.

No bag or anything.

I think that I would have had to stop and get a walmart bag or something to chunk that stuff into, but hey whatever it takes.

First couple of cruises I drove myself crazy worrying about whether I had everything I needed, etc...etc...etc....

I now have a packing list saved on my computer which has been fine turned over the past few years by adding some items and removing the ones I really didn't need in the first place......LOL

Now if it's not on the list I don't pack it and it has made my life so much easier......

honestly you live in your bathing suits and flip-flops all day long.

I'm sure this is true for many but on my 2 cruises I only wore my suit at beaches, never once on the ship. I didn't bring a swimsuit on my trip to Kansas and decided I just wouldn't take one. Today I was shopping and found a cute one but I only bought it because I'd use it this summer not because of the cruise.

My husband is a last minute packer and often forgets things-like his birth certificate out first cruise when we were an hour from the port and over 12 hours from home. Some people enjoy not worrying but I get pleasure, excitement, and joy out of crazy planning. It keeps me going until the trip comes.

Will start packing my suitcase a few days before the cruise. for me, I use an Iphone/Ipod APP called Packing Pro. It allows me to check off items when i have packed them. Makes it easy to to forget passport, extra glasses, medicine etc.

My cruise is in 11 days and I have already done the complex things like getting extra money (small bills), stopping mail, printing luggage tags, etc. Packing clothes into the suitcase can be done within a day or two as it is the easiest task to do.

Enjoy

Archived