What fun freebies are still availibe on Carnival ie: free drinks, free treats & perk

silygirl77

lots more now. just post your sailing and cabin on john healds blog or facebook page and he will send free stuff right to your cabin.

Sigh. Can I please suggest that you add a "please" and "thank you" to your request if you contact John Heald? Also, on facebook, he tends to want the request about 2 weeks before sailing. Please realize too that this is a request, and not a promise that he will do something for you, as he can't be on all the ships at once.

I highly recommend his facebook page and blog if you want an "insiders" look at Carnival.

Sigh. Can I please suggest that you add a "please" and "thank you" to your request if you contact John Heald? Also, on facebook, he tends to want the request about 2 weeks before sailing. Please realize too that this is a request, and not a promise that he will do something for you, as he can't be on all the ships at once.

I highly recommend his facebook page and blog if you want an "insiders" look at Carnival.

The post you are responding to, was obviously tongue in cheek.

lots more now. just post your sailing and cabin on john healds blog or facebook page and he will send free stuff right to your cabin.

where is John healds blog? and how can he be found on face book?

does anyone have those links?

Soft Serve was available 24/7.

Is it soft serve ice cream or soft serve yogurt? With RCL, it's unfortunately yogurt. Just don't like the taste of frozen yogurt vs. soft service ice cream. I've noticed Disney World has completely changed over from soft serve ice cream to soft serve yogurt--ostensibly as a health choice. But evidently it's a cost cutting measure.

The "farewell" party at the end of the cruise does NOT have free drinks; that's a thing of the past, just as the previous "Captain's" party is. They have $1 off drinks at the farewell party, and there is no Captain's party anymore.

The 3/27/11 sailing on the Glory had free drinks at the farewell party. This is held on the last night of the cruise and is not widely advertised. This event takes the place of the Captain's Cocktail party which used to be held the first formal night and offered free drinks. Instead of the Captain's Cocktail party they now offer $1.00 off of drinks in the Lobby Bar and the Captain and officers are presented.

What fun freebies are still available on Carnival ie: free drinks, free treats & perk?

Here are the ones I know about:

-Free drinks at the end of the cruise at bon voyage party

-Free drinks at past guest party

-Reduced price drinks at Captians party

-Soft Serve Ice Cream 24/7

-Free Sandwiches and breakfasts from room service

-Free Robes to use on vacation if you request them from steward

-Discount om drink of the day

Freebies in which I'm not sure if they exist anymore:

-Sundae Bar (daily)

-Milk and cookies on Lido at 4:00 PM

-Free Champagne at art auctions

-Rafael to win free cruise

Please add more freebies that you know about and feel free to clarify if the last 4 freebies are still offered.

Thanks

-

If you ask your cabin steward for Carnival branded pens, they are free.

Glad to see that Rafael is still free :-D

:D:D:D Great!

Thats what I thought !

where is John healds blog? and how can he be found on face book?

does anyone have those links?

But there you go . Lesson - Sarcasm is lost on many.

(Actually a good thing as it saves me from getting in real trouble some times)

The "farewell" party at the end of the cruise does NOT have free drinks; that's a thing of the past, just as the previous "Captain's" party is. They have $1 off drinks at the farewell party, and there is no Captain's party anymore.

When did that happen? It was always the best party on the ship. Not well attended and lots of free drinks.

Well duh - hence the "sigh" at the beginning of my post.. But some didn't catch on to that, and posted some requests on his facebook wall. If people are going to posts requests based off this thread, it helps to have all the information within the thread......just saying.

The 3/27/11 sailing on the Glory had free drinks at the farewell party. This is held on the last night of the cruise and is not widely advertised. This event takes the place of the Captain's Cocktail party which used to be held the first formal night and offered free drinks. Instead of the Captain's Cocktail party they now offer $1.00 off of drinks in the Lobby Bar and the Captain and officers are presented.

Well, I'd say you got really lucky then...the past few cruises I've been on they have had only $1 off drinks, and I agree, it's mentioned in the beginning of the cruise and then only a line in the Fun Times on the last day.

Even though the past guest party has free drinks, it's near to impossible to get more than one. On our last cruise there were over 80% "past guests." They said it was the largest percentage ever on that ship. Imagine how many people were in there - all vying for a waiter's attention...it was crazy, that's for sure.

I still wish there was a "party" for Platinum only guests; it would still be a ton of people, but not 80% of the ship:)

I think they have wine and liquor/martini tastings that are either no charge or have a nominal fee. They also have a cooking demo that is both interesting and tasty. We did it on our last cruise for the first time. It lasted about an hour and was enjoyable.

Do they do the cooking Demo on the Fantsy ? And my hubby LOVE cooking and this would be a great treat . Thanks for the help !

Archived