Share a bargain/deal

However, I've just been trying to find flights from Australia to Honolulu cheapest I can find is A$1473 per person from SYD and A$1168 out of BNE....:eek:

I think the airlines are beginning to sting if you ask for a one way fare. It used to be like that for years however recently it appeared to have improving I thought....

How wrong was I... ;)

Jilly:)

It's only 3-4 weeks out, so airfares will always be high. They get higher closer to the date due to all the last minute travellers (e.g. business ones in particularly, plus emergencies) that need to book so availability falls.

That's always been the trade-off with the last minute cruises, and why they need to cut prices so deeply particularly for re-locations. It's costly for most to pick up these trips at the last minute.

$1699 – 18-night Australia & NZ cruise and FREE air, Save up to 57%

Enjoy 18-nights cruise sailing through New Zealand’s stunning scenery onboard the Radiance of the Seas for only $1699 per person , twin share.

This is a saving of up to 52% from the brochure price and this is up to $350 per person off what others are charging for the same stateroom on this cruise!

In addition to this saving offering FREE air from Sydney to Perth!

Sale ends 31 August. Bargain.....

Love this thread!

Got an email from Holland America yesterday, 14 night Volendam cruise, round trip (solves the airfare problem!) from Sydney to NZ, November (and March I think) departure $998 per person inside. Prices like this are usually guarantees but this one wasn't had normal 3rd 4th person rates so for our family of four $3477 for 2 weeks: $62 pp pd. Pretty good! Think it went while I was pricing it though which was OK as we have been on Volendam and keen for something different.

Seeing some good prices on the Century NZ cruises too, will be interesting to see what happens as the sailing dates get closer.

Penny

Has anyone seen or heard of any good airline deals to the USA or UK?

I think those routes fares have increased considerably over the past year.

Have a look at Air Asia, handy for Queenslanders..fly from Coolangatta to London Stansted via KL. Prices around $1400 return. My sister lives at Currumbin, handy for her she has flown with Air Asia twice. The airline uses aircraft contracted from Air Canada.

Edited by NSWP

Dawn Princess

27 April 2012 ex Honolulu via Tahiti

20 nights

Awesome itinerary!

Costs....Hmmmmmmmmm pretty exxy

On 2nd looking, it appears they've just split the Sydney/Tahiti/Sydney into two sectors into Honoulu so both ways are available :D

In the Sunday papers today...

From the Company that chartered Rhapsody of the Seas for a Rugby World Cup Cruise...

8 nights , 6 October, Auckland return , including tickets to 2 quarter finals,

$999 Quad share, run of the ship,

$1,199 Inside twin share,

$1399 Outside twin share.

(Prices are NZ dollars and valid for NZ residents only.)

From the Company that chartered Rhapsody of the Seas for a Rugby World Cup Cruise...

Thanks David.

I am wondering if the whole Cruise Ship / RWC is not happening like the cruise lines hoped. A pity really.

No good to us, as we head to Noosa on 7th for nine days to get away from all the action in Auckland.

On our side, the charge is $1599 quad share as I recall, though that includes return airfares. They also advertised the main one following with the finals, for $3499 quad share. (Can't remember the other amounts, but were on a similar scale to yours.)

Love this thread!

Got an email from Holland America yesterday, 14 night Volendam cruise, round trip (solves the airfare problem!) from Sydney to NZ, November (and March I think) departure $998 per person inside. Prices like this are usually guarantees but this one wasn't had normal 3rd 4th person rates so for our family of four $3477 for 2 weeks: $62 pp pd. Pretty good! Think it went while I was pricing it though which was OK as we have been on Volendam and keen for something different.

Seeing some good prices on the Century NZ cruises too, will be interesting to see what happens as the sailing dates get closer.

Penny

Was that direct through Holland America's Australian agent?

Was that direct through Holland America's Australian agent?

Email address was from holland@e.hollandamerica.com. That would be Holland America direct I'm guessing so hopefully OK to post? It had my Mariner number on the email and knew I was Australian as it said "convenient homeport sailings from Sydney" so not sure where it actually came from. Hope that helps anyway, as I said I think it went very quick.

Email address was from holland@e.hollandamerica.com. That would be Holland America direct I'm guessing so hopefully OK to post? It had my Mariner number on the email and knew I was Australian as it said "convenient homeport sailings from Sydney" so not sure where it actually came from. Hope that helps anyway, as I said I think it went very quick.

You should consider yourself privileged to receive an email from HAL as a past Mariner, as we receive no emails from them, even though we signed up for emails.

I spoke to a TA today and he said that celebrity cruises have been taking a lot of business from HAL.

I hope HAL left their act when they open a office here in Australia.

Here's one that's just popped up on my screen.

Radiance of the Seas

31 October 2011 8 days

Perth to Melbourne (new sector)

Inside A$779 p.p.

Outside A$869 p.p.

Balcony A$969 p.p.

That one popped up on mine too...but for less than $600..I could fly over and visit navy boy in Perth and sail back..catch the train from Melb....hmmm just got back from o/s is it too soon to talk to DH.

That one popped up on mine too...but for less than $600..I could fly over and visit navy boy in Perth and sail back..catch the train from Melb....hmmm just got back from o/s is it too soon to talk to DH.

No, if you don't ask you don't get! Go chat with DH.

this one popped up on my screen

Fly to Honolulu, Stay 2 nights at Courtyard by Marriott including transfers, then sail to Sydney onboard CELEBRITY CENTURY for 19 nights.

Departing 9 Nov 11

21 nights from $1,828per person

A good one came via email today - 7 nights on the Ms Volendam with flights to NZ and back departing 10 Oct back 17 Oct - $999 for 2 people....incl all taxes and onboard gratuities....inside cabins only but a fabby deal esp as it is in the school hols :)

Oh yes - we booked it...my birthday pressie to me and the family :p

this one popped up on my screen

Fly to Honolulu, Stay 2 nights at Courtyard by Marriott including transfers, then sail to Sydney onboard CELEBRITY CENTURY for 19 nights.

Departing 9 Nov 11

21 nights from $1,828per person

Crikey! Does that price include the airfares?

Yes! or $1048 without airfares!

Unbelievable! :eek: They must have had a heap of cancellations at final payment!

It's been a low selling one. Radiance out of HNL to SYD has also been a quiet seller... though it tends to happen each year (a bit like Diamond out of Singapore).

It's only 3-4 weeks out, so airfares will always be high. They get higher closer to the date due to all the last minute travellers (e.g. business ones in particularly, plus emergencies) that need to book so availability falls.

That's always been the trade-off with the last minute cruises, and why they need to cut prices so deeply particularly for re-locations. It's costly for most to pick up these trips at the last minute.

So - IF you decide that you would like to get this cruise, in terms of the mechanics of booking both flight and cruise, how do you do about it? What comes first? - the successful booking of the flight or the cruise. In general, I find that if a website has an airfare available and you book it online, then you can pretty much guarantee immediately that you have booked that flight. BUT - for cruises, just because a TA has a particular fare, you don't know whether your online "booking" has been successful or not until they confirm it - which often it is not!! ( Sorry - that grade is now fully booked - but we do have these lovely balconies :) ) Would hate to book a cruise and then not be able to find/book a suitable air fare

Barry

I am a newbie here and keen to take a cruise for our next holiday, so this forum seems excellent to pick up some ideas.

Noticed people saying about special deals popping onto their screens. Where are they coming from?

As recommended to me by fellow board members :D - google cruises and sign up with newsletters from all of the agencies that sell cruises :p I would recommend you set up a special email account to receive newsletters because you can get lots of newsletters :)

So - IF you decide that you would like to get this cruise, in terms of the mechanics of booking both flight and cruise, how do you do about it? What comes first? - the successful booking of the flight or the cruise. In general, I find that if a website has an airfare available and you book it online, then you can pretty much guarantee immediately that you have booked that flight. BUT - for cruises, just because a TA has a particular fare, you don't know whether your online "booking" has been successful or not until they confirm it - which often it is not!! ( Sorry - that grade is now fully booked - but we do have these lovely balconies :) ) Would hate to book a cruise and then not be able to find/book a suitable air fare

Barry

We always secure the cruise booking first. Sometimes it can take a few days of going back and forth until it is sorted out, and then when you agree to the booking you can have it on hold for a few days till you sort out the flight.

Yes! or $1048 without airfares!

Unbelievable! :eek: They must have had a heap of cancellations at final payment!

That is a fabulous deal...if only I could get more time off work, I would be on that in a flash!