Share a bargain/deal

MMM, there's variation between states, and also variation between state and private schools for school holiday times. And variation between private schools. Simple, eh?

For state schools: http://australia.gov.au/topics/australian-facts-and-figures/school-term-dates

regards, Ann ( Non-teaching staff. I'm not that strong :) )

MMM, there's variation between states, and also variation between state and private schools for school holiday times. And variation between private schools. Simple, eh?

For state schools: http://australia.gov.au/topics/australian-facts-and-figures/school-term-dates

regards, Ann ( Non-teaching staff. I'm not that strong :) )

Thanks Ann,

Oops. You can tell I don't have any school age grandchildren. The calendar, which I looked at, with school holidays marked, was from Eurobodalla! I'll have to keep that in mind.

Just looking at the Ocean Princess sailings and Diamond Princess Bejing to Singapore..for this year the 48 dayer on the Ocean Princess looks like a good deal..even through an aussie agency!

Rome to NZ looks good too...hmm...yes I know I am pathetic!:eek: I cant this year but we will be in the area same time next year...could sail home instead of fly!!!:)

Now these are good deals - to be booked by 12/8/11!

Royal Caribbean seven-night Mediterranean round-trip Venice cruise on the Voyager of the Seas from $499 per person; Norwegian seven-night Mediterranean round-trip Barcelona cruise on the new Norwegian Epic from $679 per person, plus a $50 spa credit and up to a $400 onboard credit; and a Costa seven-night Civitavecchia Mediterranean round-trip Rome cruise on the Costa Magica from $499 per person

Just booked Cunard Queen Elizabeth, Sydney to Brisbane, 29th Feb. 2012 -triple deluxe interior $466. Will only be back two weeks from Radiance but couldn't resist.

We too could not resist what a bargain for curnard. Also doing the Melbourne to Sydney sector $749 each.I believe these two sectors are now fully booked after one day.

Australia & New Zealand - Celebrity Cruises

13 nights on the Celebrity Century from Sydney departing 24th December 2011. Twin Inside Cabins from $1,581pp -Twin Oceanview Cabins from $2,427pp

BONUS - Receive up to US$500 onboard cabin credit (credit will depend on category booked)

Jilly:)

Australia & New Zealand - Celebrity Cruises

13 nights on the Celebrity Century from Sydney departing 24th December 2011. Twin Inside Cabins from $1,581pp -Twin Oceanview Cabins from $2,427pp

BONUS - Receive up to US$500 onboard cabin credit (credit will depend on category booked)

We are on this cruise and got a fantastic deal in mid June and saved $1110 each on an Oceanview.

Interesting thing is there is only one category of Oceanview showing as available and one cabin at that! As for Inside, there are still a few.

I am guessing the prices quoted are AUD.

We are on this cruise and got a fantastic deal in mid June and saved $1110 each on an Oceanview.

Interesting thing is there is only one category of Oceanview showing as available and one cabin at that! As for Inside, there are still a few.

Would be good if someone could explain how it works with cruise lines and travel agents.

My understanding is that some travel agents get an allocation of cabins (?group bookings), which they have to sell within a certain period, or return them to the cruise line to sell. This could explain why "only one category of oceanview is showing as available and one cabin at that", mentioned above.

Then cabins may become available later, when people don't make final payment.

Yes those prices listed are in AUD.

I wonder if we'll ever get something like the Exciting Deals for new individual bookings like Celebrity publishes on Tuesdays in the US/Canada?

Nice to see prices quoted in both US and Canadian $s.

The four cruises advertised for next Tuesday, 26/7, are Mediterranean cruises.

Would certainly make planning a last minute cruise on Celebrity easier.

• 2 weeks later...

A sign of some of the deals coming our way at last?

from an emailed newsletter........

Fly FREE from Australia to Auckland or return, when you book a Holland America NZ cruise departing Oct,Nov. 14 nights from $1999 including flights.

The 11 November 2011 sailing Honolulu to Sydney 18 night cruise on Celebrity Century (her first time into Australia!) is only AU$3199 total for 2 people including taxes and gratuities in an inside room. That us less than $89 per night per person! My parents-in-law are on this one, so keeping an eye on the prices for them in case there is a drop.

There is also a guarantee suite on this cruise for AU$5998.94 (just under $167 per person per night) but still a great price for a suite on an 18 night cruise. However that guarantee has been coming and going for a few weeks now, so you have to catch it while you can.

Edited by BrusselsGirl07

Just saw this via email.

14 night Rhapsody of the Seas, Honolulu to Auckland, $899, inside, senior rates.

Now that is cheap.

21st Sept 2011

Edited by bobhsv
added more info

Any body that can go at a moments notice 4September Pacific Dawn 9 nights to the Islands $599 twin share now thats a bargain but we will have just come off the pacific jewel otherwise we would have grabbed it

Jacquie

Wow Jacquie that's good... we can do that. I'll go and search for it now.

Rhapsody of the Seas

22 January 2012 - 12 nights - South Pacific/Fiji

$2214 pp Junior Suite (same price as D1 Balcony)

Price drop today.

Excellent deal :D (if you don't mind cyclones :p)

This price is cheaper for the same cabin type than the same time last year with more days ;).

Has anyone seen or heard of any good airline deals to the USA or UK?

I think those routes fares have increased considerably over the past year.

We have had the same problem with our trip next year in April. We only need to go one way to LAX as we are coming back one way from Venice.

We just booked our trip to LA a couple of days ago on the new airline, Strategic Airlines to Honolulu for $499AU and then Honolulu to LAX on Hawaiian Airlines for $402AU = AU$901 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than V Australia which is $1697AU. The stopover in Honolulu is not too bad - 5 hours so we can get some food and stretch our legs. Not to mention go through customs there instead of LAX, which will make it easier to get our connecting flight to Fort Lauderdale.

I have no idea personally what Strategic Airlines is like but we have a friend who used them to Bali recently and he said they were comfortable but basic, you have to buy your food, but still at that type of savings we will purchase or take our food onboard. We used V Australia when they started up and they turned out great so we are prepared to give Strategic a go this time.

We have had the same problem with our trip next year in April. We only need to go one way to LAX as we are coming back one way from Venice.

We just booked our trip to LA a couple of days ago on the new airline' date=' Strategic Airlines to Honolulu for $499AU and then Honolulu to LAX on Hawaiian Airlines for $402AU = AU$901 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than V Australia which is $1697AU. The stopover in Honolulu is not too bad - 5 hours so we can get some food and stretch our legs. Not to mention go through customs there instead of LAX, which will make it easier to get our connecting flight to Fort Lauderdale.

I have no idea personally what Strategic Airlines is like but we have a friend who used them to Bali recently and he said they were comfortable but basic, you have to buy your food, but still at that type of savings we will purchase or take our food onboard. We used V Australia when they started up and they turned out great so we are prepared to give Strategic a go this time.[/quote']

That's a good deal Eileen. What type of aircraft do Stratigic Fly? I've heard of them but can't say I know much about them or their history.

Roy thinks they were being used to carry workers to and from the mines around Australia but now that's had a bit of a downturn they're moving into the international passenger market.

Jilly :)

Radiance of the Seas 18 September Honolulu to Sydney 18 nights:

Inside A$1020 per person

Outside A$1330 per person.

This is with a 55+ deal.

However, I've just been trying to find flights from Australia to Honolulu cheapest I can find is A$1473 per person from SYD and A$1168 out of BNE....:eek:

I think the airlines are beginning to sting if you ask for a one way fare. It used to be like that for years however recently it appeared to have improving I thought....

How wrong was I... ;)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers