Run of the Ship~a good idea????

HI~

Anyone ever have any luck with a 'run of the ship' cabin. You save $ but you don't know what cabin you'll get till the day you sail, or do you find out before?

We have a Jr. Suite or better, anyone ever get a Grand suite? Sail date is 6/11 and there are several Grands still available. It's also on a small ship, so it really doesn't matter where the cabin is.

Just wondering how it has worked out for others.

~~thanks~~~

If it's a "suite" gty, then go for it...the LEAST you'll get is a JS...you have that already. you MIGHT get something better, but don't count on it. If it's a general gty, then you're might end up with an inside cabin.....the smaller the ship, the teensier the cabin!!!

With guarantee bookings, you can find out anytime what they've assigned....could be the same day you book, or it might not be until you board.

Starting off with a JS is a great 'run of ship', (but I still consider my 'run of ship' experience to be wonderful!). Years ago on the Voyager I had an 'inside run of ship', and as DH and I walked down the hall I said "I think we may have an oceanview"... So I opened the door and was shocked to find that it was a balcony stateroom! Our first balcony and we loved it. :) Enjoy your cruise, whether it's in a JS or GS!

HI~

Anyone ever have any luck with a 'run of the ship' cabin. You save $ but you don't know what cabin you'll get till the day you sail, or do you find out before?

We have a Jr. Suite or better, anyone ever get a Grand suite? Sail date is 6/11 and there are several Grands still available. It's also on a small ship, so it really doesn't matter where the cabin is.

Just wondering how it has worked out for others.

~~thanks~~~

We did this on our AOS sailing and got a Grand Suite...it was fabulous! We found out about a month before our sailing.

I've never seen a true "ROS" offer. You can book a GTY in a particular class (Inside, outside, etc.) but never a true ROS. In the hotel industry, you pay the lowest available rate for a ROH guarantee, and whatever you get, you get. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you get the room between the linen closet and the staff elevators. It's a crap shoot.

We just booked a Suite guarantee about an hour ago on the Jewel TA that leaves Fort Lauderdale May 6th. According to the Royal website, the only suite available at all for that cruise is the Royal Suite. As great as that would be, I really don't think we would end up with that. Guess we'll find out shortly.

Tim

We just booked a Suite guarantee about an hour ago on the Jewel TA that leaves Fort Lauderdale May 6th. According to the Royal website, the only suite available at all for that cruise is the Royal Suite. As great as that would be, I really don't think we would end up with that. Guess we'll find out shortly.

Tim

Best of luck, and please let us know what your assignment turns out to be. ;):D:D You have us really curious now! :)

Best of luck, and please let us know what your assignment turns out to be. ;):D:D You have us really curious now! :)
Hi Patti.

Just checked this morning to see if Royal assigned us our cabin yet. We didn't get the Royal Suite but they did assign us a Grand Suite so we're thrilled about that. We''ve been in a few Junior Suites in the past but this will be our first cruise in anything higher than that.

Royal Suite is no longer available on the Royal website so I'm assuming they upgraded someone to that and then we got their cabin. Just thought I would share.

Tim

Hi Patti.

Just checked this morning to see if Royal assigned us our cabin yet. We didn't get the Royal Suite but they did assign us a Grand Suite so we're thrilled about that. We''ve been in a few Junior Suites in the past but this will be our first cruise in anything higher than that.

Royal Suite is no longer available on the Royal website so I'm assuming they upgraded someone to that and then we got their cabin. Just thought I would share.

Tim

Congrats!!!!! That sounds great!

...once got a partial blocked view balcony because of the way the ship was built. The other time it was a handicapped room.

Both were junior stes.

As long as you save enough $$ guarantees are alright. I never count on getting a great upgrade & never have got one.

Hi Patti.

Tim

Woohoo! Congratulations. Even if it's not the RS, it's still a nice upgrade. Slippers, a gold card, reserved pool seating and Portofino breakfast. And a lovely stateroom, that should be really nice for a longer cruise. :D:):D

Hi Patti.

Tim

Wow! That's great! Hope you have an awesome cruise.

Archived