Nachi Cocom in Cozumel

southerncrusingal

I emailed nachi cocum to find out if there is an alternative way to pay besides paypal. My paypal account was hacked into and i closed it a few months ago. The response was that this "is the only unique way" which i guess means no. I do not want to open another account. So am disappointed that i won't be able to go. If any of you have other suggestions please let me know. I was really looking forward to going there!

Just a heads up to those who may be afraid that Paypal is the only way to book this. You can easily use your credit card which is processed through Paypal but is no different than paying any other online merchant. You do not need a Paypal account and you will submit your credit card info. We just did this last week and it was easy and painless. We also booked directly through Nachi Cocum's website http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/. Be sure to look in the upper right hand side for the drop down menu to change to the English version when you get to the checkout. I had issues trying to choose United States when the Spanish version was displayed (not to mention I had no clue what the translations were). Once I changed that it took less than a minute to complete the process.

For those planning on going after December 1st the rates will be going up to $55 per person. Still a great deal IMO~!

http://cozumelnachicocom.net/

Send in a request for your family...they will e-mail back if there is room on that day.

then you will use a CC for the when you get there$12 Deposit pp,

and pay the rest in CASH (They don't take CC at the site)

:confused:

When I went to their site, it requests a credit card to pay the deposit and says they will let me know if there is space available. I don't like giving all my credit info not knowing if I can get a reservation. :confused:

When I went to their site, it requests a credit card to pay the deposit and says they will let me know if there is space available. I don't like giving all my credit info not knowing if I can get a reservation. :confused:
That's odd as I put in my date and number of people and it went right through. What date are you trying to get in?

Nov. 16, 2011

I just went to their site and put that date in the reservations box in the upper right side and it came up with the page to process your reservation. I tried it for 2 people and again for 4 people and had no problem. There was no mention of being emailed if space was available. They will bill your credit card a deposit at the time of reservation but that means that you are reserved for the day. Unless you are trying a larger group I'm not sure why it's showing anything different :(

Will be at Nachi on October 7th. Sounds great! Was great to see the information about the paypal receipt since that is all I have received. I did just email them for a confirmation email so I guess we'll see if that arrives.

Here is my question...What time do they open?

Ok I took the time to look at the website and found out they open at 9am

Just got back from there. Here's a little info. Entry $50 x 2. Taxi $15 each way.. note-you could have up to 4 people in a cab for this price. $20 tip for Carlos- our waiter for the day, who has been there since it opened 10years ago. Total $150, or $75 per person. It was well worth it in my opinion.

Just got back from there. Here's a little info. Entry $50 x 2. Taxi $15 each way.. note-you could have up to 4 people in a cab for this price. $20 tip for Carlos- our waiter for the day, who has been there since it opened 10years ago. Total $150, or $75 per person. It was well worth it in my opinion.

Thank You! We will be there early next month and are looking forward to this part of the trip the most!

Can anybody say how the weather has been in December, if they've visited then? We're going on the 27th, but I don't want to be sitting frozen on the beach! LOL :) Also - does it rain much in December in people's experience?

I know there are weather sites that show averages, etc, but I'd really appreciate hearing anyone's personal experiences...

BTW I visited Nachi in 2008 with a girlfriend on Spring Break - it was quiet, peaceful, serene. Also, very empty considering what a busy month March is down there. I wonder if it's more packed now that more people seem to know about it?

Best Mexican food I've ever had!

Can anybody say how the weather has been in December, if they've visited then? We're going on the 27th, but I don't want to be sitting frozen on the beach! LOL :) Also - does it rain much in December in people's experience?

I know there are weather sites that show averages, etc, but I'd really appreciate hearing anyone's personal experiences...

BTW I visited Nachi in 2008 with a girlfriend on Spring Break - it was quiet, peaceful, serene. Also, very empty considering what a busy month March is down there. I wonder if it's more packed now that more people seem to know about it?

Best Mexican food I've ever had!

they only allow 100 people in to the site no matter what month.

some ones experience in December of last year might not be what you have for your experience.

we cruised in february out of Baltimore- Most people who cruise in February have cold weather-- we sailed out at 54 and came back to 52 awesome weather.

Cozumel is a warm island- I doubt that you will be freezing on a beach-- although it would depend on where you are from.

I booked from their website the other day and have not gotten a conformation email but was able to print out a conformation right after I booked. Does anyone know if this is good or do I need to get an email?

The confirmation will work. Have a great time! :)

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked!! We looked at all the excursions and had either done them or were not interested or some such thing. Decided to do Nachi for the day. We are on the Oasis and I think we'll have lots of activity so we'll have our port days for relaxing! Thanks to all for the pics and videos and wonderful comments and conversation. We are looking forward to a great day!

Do you know if we can request a waiter when we get there? If so, who do you recommend? Is there anyone who would recommend AGAINST a particular waiter?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Quick question... I booked Nachi for 2 adults in March.... we are no longer going on the cruise can I gift my deposit and confirmation letter to someone else and have them pay the rest when they arrive.... in other words do they check id's or can any 2 people be us? thanks!

Quick question... I booked Nachi for 2 adults in March.... we are no longer going on the cruise can I gift my deposit and confirmation letter to someone else and have them pay the rest when they arrive.... in other words do they check id's or can any 2 people be us? thanks!

When we were there in March they only looked at the # of people on reservation and took the money.

We had a great time. Our waiter was Manuel. He came by often to see if we needed anything.

We were also there on th 4th last week...we asked for Carlos (based on this board) but it was his day off. We had Manuel and he did an awesome job. Based on reading comments here, we had the grouper and it was really, really good. Loved the day at Nachi - our best excursion for the trip. Unfortunately it wasn't a perfect day weather-wise, but it didn't stop us from having lots of fun!

I agree as far as giving your reservation to someone else...we had paid one $49 deposit and they collected cash for the other three. No problem. Oh...the cab was $15 for four of us. About ten minutes...easy!

I am thinking about booking this for my cruise next month. Would you recommend booking right through their website or through the other website that was mentioned?

Also I want to do some shopping at this port as well so I need to figure out if I should go shopping before going to the resort of afterards on the way back to the cruise ship?

Any help would be great. I want to make sure I get a good spot to get my sun on.:D

We're booked at Nachi in 2 weeks and I believe they close at 5:00PM. So, I plan to enjoy most of the day there. You should have some free time for shopping after 5:00 and whenever you need to get back on your ship. Mine leaves at 8:00PM. Have a great cruise!!!

I am thinking about booking this for my cruise next month.

We were informed that they only take 100 day-use reservations per day. We are booked for Nov. 16 and they have reached their quota for that day. Hopefully there are openings for the day you visit.

I went to Nachi last November and took a taxi from the pier , a small group of us that had met on CC went and spent most of day together, the food and drinks were worth it. Manuel was our waiter, he was so attentive and johnny on the spot. We were all very pleased. The beach was clean. The day we were there maybe 75 people, not crowded.

Archived