Nachi Cocom in Cozumel

southerncrusingal

just an FYI, i noticed on their website that after Nov 30th, 2011, their prices go up from $49/pp to $55/pp

I have a question...i see a lot of people mentioned that they booked through Island Marketing. Is that how you HAVE to book? It looks like they have a booking engine on their website (nachi's website) so that's left me confused as to how i'm actually supposed to book it.

I have booked it directly through their website. Although I seem to not have a confirmation email. I have a paypal receipt but no confirmation as of yet. I have done a lot of reading through these threads and it actually seems pretty common. Just not sure if I should wait another day or two to email them or just take the receipt as confirmation.....

I have booked it directly through their website. Although I seem to not have a confirmation email. I have a paypal receipt but no confirmation as of yet. I have done a lot of reading through these threads and it actually seems pretty common. Just not sure if I should wait another day or two to email them or just take the receipt as confirmation.....

It does say right on the web site, when you are booking, to print out the confirmation page. I am sure your Paypal receipt will be fine. If you are not comfortable with that, yes go ahead and contact them to see if they need more than your paypal receipt.

No matter what......enjoy the day there

It does say right on the web site, when you are booking, to print out the confirmation page. I am sure your Paypal receipt will be fine. If you are not comfortable with that, yes go ahead and contact them to see if they need more than your paypal receipt.

No matter what......enjoy the day there

Thanks! I am so looking forward. Had another excursion in mind and then I read all the reviews of Nachi and convinced my hubby to do this even though it was not through carnival.

Just last night I booked Nachi for my wife and myself, we are really looking forward to just relaxing with a book and a drink under a palapa.

2 quick questions about it actually

After I made my reservation on their website it said I would be receiving a receipt shortly about it, I got a receipt from paypal about my payment, is this what they were talking about or should I be expecting something else?

I read somewhere or heard mentioned that they sell cigars there. any truth to the rumor?

I never received a confirmation other than the paypal receipt. I sent an email asking about the confirmation and never received a reply. I am just hoping my paypal receipt is enough since it does have a confirmation number on it.

a couple of other questions:

What time do you usually head back to the port?

Should we plan to leave beach about 2 hours before sailing or ealier?

Any shopping (gift shops) located there?

Depends on when your ship is leaving the port. Ours didn't leave until 10pm so we stayed at Nachi until 5pm when they closed. They were selling some items but I wouldn't call it a gift shop.

Me again... :D

The website says palapas are subject to availability. Are you able to pay a little more when you make your reservation to have one guaranteed?

I would hate to get there and have to wait around for one or not get one at all.

there are many...unless they have a crowd (not usual) shouldn't be a problem. no you can prepay for them, it's 1st come, 1st shade. there are more loungers around the sun, chairs/tables in the restaurant...plenty of places to relax. some people leave around 2, groups coming and going all day.

Well, I have now sent two emails to try to get a confirmation besides my paypal receipt. I have still not heard from Nachi so I will just have to hope for the best. There is a confirmation number on the paypal receipt so hopefully that will do the job. Anyone back recently who also only had the paypal receipt? We will be there the middle of July.

Well, I have now sent two emails to try to get a confirmation besides my paypal receipt. I have still not heard from Nachi so I will just have to hope for the best. There is a confirmation number on the paypal receipt so hopefully that will do the job. Anyone back recently who also only had the paypal receipt? We will be there the middle of July.

That is all I have too, we will be there in August. I even emailed them about making reservations for massages but have heard nothing back.

I also only have the pay pal receipt as well as the page I printed directly from the website at the time. I have also emailed and have not gotten a response. Seems like you are there before me (end of July) and the next poster (August) so apparently you will have to let us both know.. :o

2 more questions

1. What is appropriate tip for cab driver?

2. What is appropriate tip for waiter?

Thanks for your help

We have reservations for August 9th

We were a family of 4 on our last visit. I tipped both cab drivers $4 (on a $15 fare) each way. I tipped our waiter $30 and another $5 to the bartenders. Your service may vary and what's appropriate for you may be different. Good luck! :)

Out boat doesn't dock until 11am, which means we probably won't get to Nachi until around 12. Has anybody arrived there that late in the day, and were there still good locations on the beach to be had?

I only had my paypal receipt with me and it was no problem whatsoever. Just there May 31st.

Thank You very much! As you can see there were a few of us with this issue!

BTW was it as fantastic as it sounds??:D

Out boat doesn't dock until 11am, which means we probably won't get to Nachi until around 12. Has anybody arrived there that late in the day, and were there still good locations on the beach to be had?

11:00 AM on your boat may be 10:00 in Coz :confused: - we arrived just after 11:30 Coz time and almost closed the place down. We had lots of places to choose from -- let them know when you check in if you prefer beach front, more shade, close to the pool, etc.

Good luck! :)

I emailed reservations@cozumelnachicocom.net for a receipt, which they sent the next day. It was a form letter, and gave details. I'd be happy to post their email, if anyone wants it.

We were there last week and had a fabulous time. Carlos was our waiter, and he was very good. We got there pretty early, about 10:30. It was a little too early for me to drink, but the kids (who aren't of age normally) got started right away. Carlos brought round after round, finally bringing them two at a time. The sand was lovely, there was plenty of room, even after everyone else started showing up, as late as 1:00.

I rented snorkel gear for the day for $18, and Carlos arranged it. I had a blast snorkeling all over, and found fish pretty close to the shore. Spotted a flounder about 30 feet from shore, several plate-sized starfish in the vegetation (on the side away from the dock), and there are some rocks about the middle of the area with nice fish. I have an inexpensive underwater video camera ($100 Kodak Playsport) that I took some pretty good video with. I was surprised.

My husband rented a waverunner. He said it was good. He was able to go way up the coast.

There were signs that posted the cab fare. I think it was $32 for the 6 of us, in a minivan thing.

I emailed reservations@cozumelnachicocom.net for a receipt, which they sent the next day. It was a form letter, and gave details. I'd be happy to post their email, if anyone wants it.

We were there last week and had a fabulous time. Carlos was our waiter, and he was very good. We got there pretty early, about 10:30. It was a little too early for me to drink, but the kids (who aren't of age normally) got started right away. Carlos brought round after round, finally bringing them two at a time. The sand was lovely, there was plenty of room, even after everyone else started showing up, as late as 1:00.

I rented snorkel gear for the day for $18, and Carlos arranged it. I had a blast snorkeling all over, and found fish pretty close to the shore. Spotted a flounder about 30 feet from shore, several plate-sized starfish in the vegetation (on the side away from the dock), and there are some rocks about the middle of the area with nice fish. I have an inexpensive underwater video camera ($100 Kodak Playsport) that I took some pretty good video with. I was surprised.

My husband rented a waverunner. He said it was good. He was able to go way up the coast.

There were signs that posted the cab fare. I think it was $32 for the 6 of us, in a minivan thing.

What ship were you on?

Archived