Nachi Cocom in Cozumel

southerncrusingal

taxi is 25.00 one way to Nachi ?

can you get drinks at a bar if the waiter does not serve you?

I went on the Carnival Glory and I am not sure which dock we were at but it was 15 for up to 4 people and then it was like 32 for 5 or more. Yes, you can get drinks at a bar and I did that a couple of times but not much. Our waiter was very attentive!!

Nachi Cocom = BEST. DAY. EVER!!!!!!

Also, get a massage on the beach from Ingrid - you will return to your Palapa feeling like your entire body is made of MELTED BUTTER...........

Do you know the prices for this massage? and how long is a massage?

http://cozumelnachicocom.net/

Send in a request for your family...they will e-mail back if there is room on that day.

then you will use a CC for the when you get there$12 Deposit pp,

and pay the rest in CASH (They don't take CC at the site)

If you do not have a reservation, don't even expect the taxi to take you there

They will ask you if you have one, and will not want to take you

because even if Nachi is not full, they turn you away.

(We were there when they were turning away a family, who by the way only had a CC to pay.)

Not to pat ourselves on the back, but we had reservations, offered to cover them with our Emergency cash,

and because we had a reservation, they wanted to please us, and let them in.

Just so happened that the Family had a cabin across the hall from us. So we knew where to find them if they didn't pay us back.

Oh and the taxi is $15 1-4 pax each way $32 5-8 pax each way.

So if you are a party of 5-8, say you are a party of four and what ever, and save $2.

I know it makes no sense, but try telling that to the taxi driver, who points it out on the board :confused:

taxi is 25.00 one way to Nachi ?

can you get drinks at a bar if the waiter does not serve you?

The bar has seats on one side and is swim up on the other, but do not recall ever waiting for a drink :p

Who ever paid $25 one way was ripped off, they have a big board at the taxi station with the prices listed.

You can't miss it.

and Nachi is about 10 miles down the beach from the pier,

both the Dream and the Liberty used.

markntara,

I saw you went with 12-17 year olds. We are planning on going there in Nov. There will be 8 kids with us 12-17. I am glad to here they had fun. Did you notice or rent any of the motorized things? On the website it says they have waverunnere, parasailing and banana boat.

Thanks

Yep, Banana Boat. $15 each for 15 minutes. The kids loved it. The driver threw them off once, that was a highlight. They still talk about it. Here is the driver helping them back onto the ride. They were away from shore for nearly 30 minutes.

bananaboat.jpg

Also, be prepared, if you ask for 4 drinks at one time . . .they bring you 4 drinks at one time.

They brought me my own table to house all my beverages . . .

Life was real good this day!

mytable.jpg

Who ever paid $25 one way was ripped off, they have a big board at the taxi station with the prices listed.

I was just going to post that:)...we have been there several times and the price has always been $15.00 each way for the 4 of us.

I was worried that the price went UP, just like everything else. If the price does goes up, it is something to consider when booking this excursion.

$50.00 R/T is a bit steep IMHO:D

Was there last Tues, off from the Legend, first time there and it was the highlight of our trip:) . Nachi was $49 pp, taxi cost was $17 for a 10-15 min. ride. I think we counted maybe 40 people at the resort that day, quiet relaxing, beautiful area. We had great service all day long. After we ate we went to the pool area until we were ready to leave and they call you a taxi for your return trip. Any return trips we would go there again.

We are leaving on the Triumph on May 30 also, we have made our reservations at Nachi Cocom. It will be 4 adults and 2 kids 14 and 17 year olds. I can not wait to get there, have never been to Nachi in all the times I have been to Cozumel, so we are very excited.

Yep, Banana Boat. $15 each for 15 minutes. The kids loved it. The driver threw them off once, that was a highlight. They still talk about it. Here is the driver helping them back onto the ride. They were away from shore for nearly 30 minutes.

Also, be prepared, if you ask for 4 drinks at one time . . .they bring you 4 drinks at one time.

gonna have to watch myself here haha

bananaboat.jpg

mytable.jpg

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. For those of us who have never been, but plan on going, it's so nice to SEE what we are going to experience.:D

Seems most people book through Island Marketing. If there will be 5 adults and 8 teenagers (YIKES, I know!) how do they book us in regard to chairs and palapas?

Take two palapas--one for the kids- one for the adults

I am addicted to Nachi. I have been to Cozumel three times and two times there with my third one on June6th. In my option it's the best deal around. You can do shots, any drink you can think of you name it they will make it. The food is amazing and there is no better way to relaxing and enjoy everything.

I can't wait to go there again in a few weeks.

Anyone have any experience with non-alcoholic drinks? Will most places like this make a non-alcoholic version of the island drinks?

That may seem like a strange question, but we have someone with us that is on the wagon, and in support, I would like to have the flavors of the exotic drinks, without the alcohol.

Anyone have any experience with non-alcoholic drinks? Will most places like this make a non-alcoholic version of the island drinks?

That may seem like a strange question, but we have someone with us that is on the wagon, and in support, I would like to have the flavors of the exotic drinks, without the alcohol.

Went last month with our under 18 daughter and they were strict about no booze for her, but were happy to make non-alcoholic pina coladas and daquiris for her, along wiht bottled water and sodas. Good luck! :)

We've been to Nachi four times now and have had virtually the same enjoyable experience every time. I can see if there are a lot of people, you might have to flag down a waiter, but in our experience, we've usually had to tell him we're not yet ready for a drink refill.

The food is upscale quality Mexican, and there's plenty of it. We usually split a plate of nachos and have an entree apiece and that's plenty for the two of us. Drinks are good and sneaky strong. By the end of the day, you can develop quite a buzz if you're not careful.

The only downside is for people who are looking for lots of activity. This is a beach for relaxing by the beach or the pool, not for water toys and games, so kids might get bored. But if a quiet beach day is what you want, you can't do better than Nachi for $50 a person.

they will make any drink they have the booze/mix for. they are limited by supply...but otherwise, yes. DH doesn't drink, bartender made him a "fruit punch" that was very good. bottle water/sodas are also available. i didn't see some of the "high end" stuff when we were there.

P.S. Our taxi driver did not ask for our printed confirmation from Nachi. It IS quite a distance from the cruise piers-- taxi was $25 one way for 1-4 passengers from Puerta Maya (pier closest to Nachi).

Sorry you did not have a good experience. The cab we took to Nachi was $15 each way... I believe it is also posted on the taxi stand. That is one thing I learned - double check the fee before you start driving.

I hardly think its quite a distance. You don't even get off the main road at all...15 minutes tops.

I am SO looking forward to our 2nd trip to Nachi next month. Cannot wait!

Had a GREAT time at Nachi in Jan 2011 with the Liberty Looneys group cruise. Plenty of cold drinks & the food was outstanding. Taxi was 15.00 for 4 .

Going back to Nachi in Feb 2012, and just made my reservations last week.

The price is going up.

However, is still a very good deal. I received the email below with my confirmation.

Good Morning Lisa,

Please note that effective December 1st 2011, the price for Nachi Cocom is increasing to $55usd/ adult. This new rates for 2012 will appear on our site shortly.

We have secured your spaces for this date and issued your confirmation at $55usd. If this presents a problem please let us know and we will fully refund your tour or assist in any way we can with other options.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Katie Tompkins

Reservations Department

Island Marketing Ltd.

My daughters and I were at Nachi last month and had a very relaxing day. We arrived early and it wasn't even open. After a few minutes, the caretaker arrived and opened the gates for us. We had the whole place to ourselves for awhile...it was great. I've just uploaded a video I took to Youtube which hopefully you can view, if interested. BTW...it was a $15 cab ride each way for the three of us!

Archived