Nachi Cocom in Cozumel

southerncrusingal

My family and I are leaving on the Carnival Triumph on May 30th we are looking into shore excursions in Cozumel and came accross Nachi Cocom. Has anyone been there and can you give me some detail information about this place??? I notice that this was not an excursion on Carnival's website. Do anyone know the price of this excursion and is transportation included? Is this a good place to have fun for the whole family? Please advise.................Thanks a bunch!!!! :D

It is an easy taxi ride. Nice place good food and drinks.

Cost about $ 50 last year for lunch and all drinks you want. Have no idea as to cost of kids.

You should make reservations beforehand as they limit attendance to 100 people per day.

Go to port of call pages for more info.

We've been to Nachi 3 times and love it! The price is $49 per adult and I think it's like $24 for kids if I remember correctly. All food and drinks are included in the price as well as 2 chairs and a palypa. Transportation is not included. You can catch a taxi at the pier and I believe it's $15 one way.

They offer massages, snorkeling, parasailing, etc. for an extra cost. You should be able to find out the prices on their website. There are no water toys, so depending on kid's ages, they may be bored. My kids are fine with the pool and swimming at the beach. We love that they only allow 100 people per day!:D

We went there last July when we were in Cozumel on the Carnival Legend. It was my husband, myself, my son, daughter-in-law, and two granddaughters ages 6 and 4. My son loved it so much we are doing an all inclusive in Mexico this summer so he can recreate sitting on the beach being served Mexican beer or drinks for a whole week rather than one day. Nachi food is great, as is service. All the food and drinks are included. There is a beach with your own private palapa (covered sun hut) and a pool with a swim-up bar. It is $49 a person and I forget how much the kids were-about $12 for the 6 year old and nothing for the 4 year old. You have to book it ahead and they only take about a 100 people so it is not crowded at all. You also have to get your own taxi there. It is easy to do and doesn't cost much. If you are beach people and like to eat and drink, this is the place for you.

My family and I are leaving on the Carnival Triumph on May 30th we are looking into shore excursions in Cozumel and came accross Nachi Cocom. Has anyone been there and can you give me some detail information about this place??? I notice that this was not an excursion on Carnival's website. Do anyone know the price of this excursion and is transportation included? Is this a good place to have fun for the whole family? Please advise.................Thanks a bunch!!!! :D

We've been twice and love it. We book through Island Marketing, prices on web site. Nice beach and pool, great food, drinks and service; massages, snorkeling available for extra $$$. Just a great beach day.

was there a week ago today and loved it. Had 11 year old dd with and she loved it as well. You can snorkel right off the shore and they have some good stuff. The floating mats were 5.00 and worth it. Carlos was our waiter and did great. I can not wait to go back. Google them or search on past posts, there is a ton of info out there. :D

We were there last week on the Valor.

This was my 3rd time there and we enjoyed ourselves. Joseph was our waiter. We had him last November and he remembered my husband. As soon as he saw him he pointed and said "Jose Cuevo and Corona." That was too funny.

It states you are allowed 1 appetizer. 1 entree and 1 dessert.

We were with another couple and around noon Joseph gave us our menus. Well we had been drinking all morning and was feeling mighty fine. We'd worked up quite an appetite.:D

Joseph came back with his pad to take our order. My husband ordered the grilled grouper platter, grilled shrimp platter and the chicken breast platter also an order of buffalo wings.

I ordered the nacho appetizer (it had guacomole, meat and melted cheese) very tasty. The grilled grouper and grilled shrimp platter.

Our friends ordered, between the 2 of them, the Seafood ceviche, grilled grouper platter, grilled shrimp platter and the chicken breast platter and the shrimp cocktail.

Joseph took our orders with no problem. We had 4 big platters delivered to our palapas by 2 waiters. Everything was freshly made, hot and delicious.

We enjoyed ourselves very much. Matter of fact, we all agreed it was our most enjoyable day. Probably because we got so much for our money. The weather was perfect and it was very quiet and not crowded at all. It was all adults and I saw 1 little girl who told me she was 4. She played in the ocean with her parents and she seemed like she was having a good time.

We saw Mr. Sanchos up the beach with the toys floating in the water and I was glad I was not their.

We tipped Joseph very well for taking care of us.

Nachi is where I'll be everytime I'm in Cozumel.

As a couple other posters mentioned, if you're bringing kids with you, they may get bored. But many kids enjoy the peaceful, relaxation that Nachi offers just as much as the adults. Several posters here had kids that loved it. But Nachi's target audience is adults. Only you can know if your kids would be more into that or more into a more lively beach like Paradise Beach with water toys to keep the kids and big kids like me active and running around, having a great time all day. If Paradise is more your family's style, it will be much cheaper there, unless you plan on ordering alot of food/drink. Whatever you do in Cozumel, do it on your own and don't go through Carnival (unless you're leaving the island). Just grab a cab to get to where you're going. You'll save money by going on your own. They're so used to cruisers there, cabs are always ready to get you back to the ship, and the drives are quick and easy.

was there a week ago today and loved it. Had 11 year old dd with and she loved it as well. You can snorkel right off the shore and they have some good stuff. The floating mats were 5.00 and worth it. Carlos was our waiter and did great. I can not wait to go back. Google them or search on past posts, there is a ton of info out there. :D

there was good snorkling from shore? everything i've read so far is that there isn't much to see :( It was one reason i was contemplating Chakkanab (sp?) because it had good snorkling..although i really wanted the peace and quiet of Nachi Cocom.

there was good snorkling from shore? everything i've read so far is that there isn't much to see :( It was one reason i was contemplating Chakkanab (sp?) because it had good snorkling..although i really wanted the peace and quiet of Nachi Cocom.

The beach area is pretty barren and sandy, but if you snorkel near the pier you can see lots of fish. There is a tour operator there with his own boat if you want to go out to the reefs for even better snorkeling - I think he wanted $35 per person to take you to two spots.

Good luck! :)

Our Family Cruise this past Feburary consisted of 6 Adults & 5 Children, ages 12 - 17. This was our second time to Cozumel, but first to Nachi Cocum. Everyone had lots of fun, so much so, we planned next years cruise based on stopping in Cozumal again for some more Nachi action.

Life Is GOOD!

NachiKidsDock.jpg

Jumping From Nachi Cocum Pier

NachiDockLeap.jpg

Piles and piles and piles and piles of info in Nachi Cocum on the Cozumel port page.

Ditto this...also be advised they do limit the number of people each day so make reservations sooner than later.

Try the Money Bar which is just before Chankanaab and has good iron shore and gets fewer people, especially if few ships are in. Or else head for Playa Palancar and use the dive shop there to get a boat out to the reef, short trip and excellent snorkeling. Beach there is quiet too with excellent drinks and good food. Not an AI though.

Nachi is great..good food, good drinks pretty decent beach

as others have posted its limited to 100 people so book directly with them

the place was awesome years ago when it wasnt as popular.. been there when it was just 20 people or so...

most of the others pack you in like sardines.. not nachi.

markntara,

I saw you went with 12-17 year olds. We are planning on going there in Nov. There will be 8 kids with us 12-17. I am glad to here they had fun. Did you notice or rent any of the motorized things? On the website it says they have waverunnere, parasailing and banana boat.

Thanks

I believe you HAVE to book a reservation before hand. I've heard that the cab drivers won't take you there without a reservation paper, though our cab driver just asked if we had a reservation, which we did. I don't recall seeing any kids during our stay there, but there were also very few kids on the ship due to the time of year.

We went to Nachi for our first time at the end of April. We were looking forward to the experience that others have had, but we were somewhat disappointed in our day at Nachi... We were a party of 4 (2 adults, 12-year old & 8-year old boys).

We brought our own Wal-Mart inflatable innertubes (and a small bicycle pump) and the kids used them in the ocean and the pool. The pool and beach were very nice, and our boys didn't get bored with the lack of water toys found at Paradise/Sanchos.

Our main complaint was the lack of service and that it felt crowded with every palapa filled with groups, not couples (not Paradise-crowded, but still not peaceful and quiet). Our server seemed to have to cover about 40 people and hardly ever passed through for drinks and passed out menus at some point, but then never came back to take orders. After about an hour or so, we headed up to the restaurant... and still waited a long time... In the afternoon, the pool got even more crowded with several local families that I did not see earlier and were probably not part of the 100-person limit.

I don't know if we were there on an off-day when they were understaffed, but the service was definitely lacking on the day we were there... It was a beautiful facility, but service and serenity seems to be some of their selling points and we did not have that experience on our visit.

P.S. Our taxi driver did not ask for our printed confirmation from Nachi. It IS quite a distance from the cruise piers-- taxi was $25 one way for 1-4 passengers from Puerta Maya (pier closest to Nachi).

There are quite a few resorts in Cozumel that will let you use their pools and facilities for free.

There were seven people at the resort DW and I visited. Tiki Bar, Resturant etc.

Look around a bit while in Cozumel ;)

Went there last week with a group of people and we all LOVED Nachi and would go back in a heartbeat. We had great service and it was very relaxing and not a bit overcrowded. The food was very good and the beach was stunning. All in all we had a fantastic time. We also take the good with the bad, if we had to wait to get a drink then we went to the bar no big deal.

Archived