Dawn Boston-Bermuda Updates

Crissy699

Where did you get that picture of the track she is taking???? It's awesome!

Do a search on google for AIS ship tracking, then pick the region and find your ship if it is in range.

Al

It is possible when going between Boston and the Cape. It depends on the track of the ship and how close to Stellwagen Bank they are and where the whales are. I have done some research on the whale watch boats. It';s not National Geographic, if you have never been on a whale watch, but there could be a chance encounter.

Also possible once they get to George's Bank off the coast. You may notice a connection here in the word "Bank". It is where the food is most plentiful as there is a lot of upwelling. The reason the whales are here is to eat, having fasted since they left last November.

Oh it certainly is possible, did this cruise on the Spirit in May 2010. On the way back we saw lots of whales, right off our balcony. They are so magniciant. Watch closely if you do this cruise, you may indeed see them!!

Oh it certainly is possible, did this cruise on the Spirit in May 2010. On the way back we saw lots of whales, right off our balcony. They are so magniciant. Watch closely if you do this cruise, you may indeed see them!!

On every cruise, the first evening (around 5-6ish) you will see whales..... we see them all the time.... bring bincolars.

Lisa

Really? I've done this cruise about 5 times and I've never seen one.

Last year I saw them once for the first time while sitting in Windows on the last night of the cruise. We were going very slow through the area and it was just at sunset and you could see them. It was amazing. Much more than I've seen taking a smaller boat out of Seabrook or Hampton, NH. :)

Really? I've done this cruise about 5 times and I've never seen one.

Never saw them on the Bermuda cruise but we've gone before in Sept.

Did see them up off Nova Scotia when we took Dream out of Boston.

HI all... Will be heading to Bermuda in June and looking for information on the day the Dawn arrives in Bermuda.... intinerary states 11am arrival. Just want to know if this is actually the time and how long it takes before you actually get off the ship.... Want to plan the day ahead and not miss a moment stepping foot on a beautiful Bermuda beach that day.

Hey y'all! We're back in boston! Just got off with easy walkoff..got in line at 830..was a bit messy with the lines, but oh well..Had a great cruise, will post detailed review with pics and dailies soon. Had great weather and super smootg seas...bermuda was lovely again of course. Was not impressed with the ship, but the spirit is hard to live up to I think...the staff.was great though! New spinnakers is nice!

Hey y'all! We're back in boston! Just got off with easy walkoff..got in line at 830..was a bit messy with the lines, but oh well..Had a great cruise, will post detailed review with pics and dailies soon. Had great weather and super smootg seas...bermuda was lovely again of course. Was not impressed with the ship, but the spirit is hard to live up to I think...the staff.was great though! New spinnakers is nice!

Thanks for checking in! Had fun watching the bow cam during the week and pulling into Boston this morning. You missed the storms that ravaged the Springfield area and I was hoping none of you would have to come back to destruction of your town. Will be waiting for your review!

We sailed Spirit to Bermuda a few years ago and liked the ship. Toured Dawn last year when it visited Boston and thought it more than a worthy successor to the Spirit and that was before the recent changes made during the dry dock. Would be interested in what it was about the ship that left you unimpressed.

I can't wait to see the pictures of all the re-designed spaces inside! I'm celebrating 10 years of cruising this month and today the Dawn is featured in my celebration!!! :D

thanks for the info.....will look forward to the review and pictures.....am sailing on the 10th of june on the Dawn too.....

Can't wait to hear the reviews and see pics and dailies. Welcome back! Gld you had super weather and calm seas!

Archived