Carnival pins?

mared1

Called on Friday afternoon and received my GLORY pin Tuesday morning in the mail. They weren't giving them on the ship and they weren't selling them in the gift shop. And no one knew anything about them.

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

First, let me say I am not trying to tell anyone how to spend their money or question anyone ability to make those decisions for themselves. Nor do I want to appear to have a condensing attitude about the value of past guest pins, as this is a very subjective subject matter open to much discussions.

Most collectables have catalogues which give a general idea of value. Unfortunately there is no standard recognized catalogue for the value of Carnival pins.

This had been of no concern to me until a couple of weeks ago when I was pointing out to my two daughters the vast multi-million fortune I had in Carnival pins…. 200.gif They told me to dispose of the junk ..errrrrr fortune myself~~!!~~ As had been true for years, people tend to waaay over pay from time to time. I pointed out $ 102.76 paid for Sensation (value $20-25.00), $ 76.00 paid for a Sensation ( value 20-25.00), $ 120.00 paid for a Celebration (value $25-40.00) $ 41.00 paid for a Valor ( $ 5.00).

I thought I would give the averages Carnival pins have been selling for recently. You will not be able to buy everyone at these prices, as some people tend to shoot the moon, but you should be able over a couple months of looking be able to purchase at or below these prices…..

I joined Ebay in Feb. 0f 2000 with sole intent of collection Carnival pins. At that time there was very little interest in the pins and very little competition. I am still buying???????? I just can’t pass up a bargain. I still keep charts of every pin sold on Ebay and their value… Hence the following values based on the last three months…

Festivale & Tropicale….. Market price usually around or over $ 100.00.. A recent Tropical sold for over $ 150.00.

DATED: Tropicale 2000, Jubilee 2000, Jubilee 2001, Undated Jubilee $ 50.00 ++

DATED2000, 2001: Holiday & Celebration $ 30.00 to $ 35.00

DATED FANTASY CLASS: (Except 2001 Fascination $ 5.00 to 10.00) $ 20.00 to $ 45.00

UNDATED Holiday & Celebration $ 20.00 to $ 25.00

UNDATED FANTASY CLASS: $ 20.00 to $ 25.00

FANTASY CLASS RENAMED ( Carnival will establish value when they start selling in gift shops) $ 10.00 now

2001 Fascination pin (box of 100 was recently dumped on the market by an ex-employee in Miami)$5.00 to $10.00

DESTINY CLASS $ 5.00- $ 10.00

SPIRIT CLASS “ “

CONQUEST CLASS SPLENDOR “

DREAM CLASSS “ “

Prices on the above will again be established by Carnival’s retail prices in their gift shops when they begin selling the pins….

Joe

Thank you for this information. I also have been watching ebay

just to see the price some of the pins are going for. Keep up

the good work on charting the prices.

The sad part about this is the undated pins that are going for $5.00

or more, I have some of them to give away. They are free for the

asking. But I only give them to fellow pin collectors and not to

anyone going to sell on ebay.

As you know, I LOVE putting a smile a some ones face.

JR

Just returned from the Legend and no pin :( I have an extra Valor pin I would be happy to trade... also, I'm missing a Fantasy pin...

Thanks all!

PS, the Legend was my Platinum cruise... so that one is far more important to me than the Fantasy :)

Edited by GoinCruisin

First, let me say I am not trying to tell anyone how to spend their money or question anyone ability to make those decisions for themselves. Nor do I want to appear to have a condensing attitude about the value of past guest pins, as this is a very subjective subject matter open to much discussions.

Most collectables have catalogues which give a general idea of value. Unfortunately there is no standard recognized catalogue for the value of Carnival pins.

This had been of no concern to me until a couple of weeks ago when I was pointing out to my two daughters the vast multi-million fortune I had in Carnival pins…. 200.gif They told me to dispose of the junk ..errrrrr fortune myself~~!!~~ As had been true for years, people tend to waaay over pay from time to time. I pointed out $ 102.76 paid for Sensation (value $20-25.00), $ 76.00 paid for a Sensation ( value 20-25.00), $ 120.00 paid for a Celebration (value $25-40.00) $ 41.00 paid for a Valor ( $ 5.00).

I thought I would give the averages Carnival pins have been selling for recently. You will not be able to buy everyone at these prices, as some people tend to shoot the moon, but you should be able over a couple months of looking be able to purchase at or below these prices…..

I joined Ebay in Feb. 0f 2000 with sole intent of collection Carnival pins. At that time there was very little interest in the pins and very little competition. I am still buying???????? I just can’t pass up a bargain. I still keep charts of every pin sold on Ebay and their value… Hence the following values based on the last three months…

Festivale & Tropicale….. Market price usually around or over $ 100.00.. A recent Tropical sold for over $ 150.00.

DATED: Tropicale 2000, Jubilee 2000, Jubilee 2001, Undated Jubilee $ 50.00 ++

DATED2000, 2001: Holiday & Celebration $ 30.00 to $ 35.00

DATED FANTASY CLASS: (Except 2001 Fascination $ 5.00 to 10.00) $ 20.00 to $ 45.00

UNDATED Holiday & Celebration $ 20.00 to $ 25.00

UNDATED FANTASY CLASS: $ 20.00 to $ 25.00

FANTASY CLASS RENAMED ( Carnival will establish value when they start selling in gift shops) $ 10.00 now

2001 Fascination pin (box of 100 was recently dumped on the market by an ex-employee in Miami)$5.00 to $10.00

DESTINY CLASS $ 5.00- $ 10.00

SPIRIT CLASS “ “

CONQUEST CLASS SPLENDOR “

DREAM CLASSS “ “

Prices on the above will again be established by Carnival’s retail prices in their gift shops when they begin selling the pins….

I totally agree, and I thank all of you who help others complete their own personal collections. Most of us on here are doing that and I've been Blessed to be able to help a few people with extra pins myself.

GoinCruisin Lucy

Email me your address please.

I have a Legend pin with your name on it. :)

jrnolandpi@mindspring.com

JR

JR, This isn't GoinCruisinLucy but Kate, we've done business before. I have an extra MIRACLE pin, I will send it to you but I lost your address. Will you please send it to me again, email addy is: KateP215@aol.com

I am in need, if there are extras of the following: Liberty, Spirit, Victory, Destiny, Imagination, Estacy, Elation, Fascination and Paradise.

Would like to get these so I'll have them in the future.

Thanks ever so much,

Kate<<<<<72 days until my next cruise. :D

I have extra CONQUEST and am need of ELATION!!!

Our last cruise, 9/20 and 9/27 on the CONQUEST gave us four pins and I don't have one for the Elation... :(

ANYONE WANNA TRADE???? I'd be beholdin'!!!! :o

my eamil is kirkir1953 at yahoo dot com

Edited by LambKnuckles

Hi Everyone

I had a thought and I want to share with all of you.

Since Carnival is no longer giving pins out, that means the

pins we have have will be more valueable.

Like me, many of you have your collectons on hats or lanyards

that you wear on cruises to display. I would advise you not

to wear them off the ship as your hat or lanyard may be stolen.

On my last cruise, I had a lot of street vendors come up to me

wanting to buy my hat with all the pins and I had to turn them

down. I not going to say this would happen, but some one could

run up behind me, grab my hat and run. I would never be able

to catch them.:mad: So this is my word of caution.

JR

I am looking for an ECSTASY and a PARADISE pin. Willing to purchase if necessary. Need them to finish my collection of ships we've already sailed on.

Contact me at: wtaylor64105@roadrunner.com

Thanks!

:cool:Bill

There are two Ecstasy pins on EBay now. One is the single word Ecstasy, and one has the double words Carnival Ecstasy.

Joe,

E-mail me your address and I will send one out.

andy456@wowway.com

Glad to help.

Andy;)

Hi Andy,

I sent the pin you requested in trade, and I KNOW you received, as the USPS tracking number shows it was delivered to the address you gave me...

Now I have written you , not once, not twice, but three times asking why you have chosen NOT to mail me my pin, or at least answering my emails....

I really don't give a Continental D*#M, about the pin,as I have several hundred extra, but it is the fact JR has worked VERY hard for years, always paying postage out of his pocked so fellow CC cruisers could establish trust, and have a place to trade with each other...

If you would soooo kind as to forward the pin in question to JR, so that trust can be reestablished in CC's trading forum~~!!~~

And perhaps you can explain your actions, or at least, lack of action.....

Joe

Hi Everyone

I had a thought and I want to share with all of you.

Since Carnival is no longer giving pins out, that means the pins we have have will be more valuable.

Like me, many of you have your collections on hats or lanyards

that you wear on cruises to display. I would advise you not

to wear them off the ship as your hat or lanyard may be stolen.

On my last cruise, I had a lot of street vendors come up to me

wanting to buy my hat with all the pins and I had to turn them

down. I not going to say this would happen, but some one could

run up behind me, grab my hat and run. I would never be able

to catch them.:mad: So this is my word of caution.

JR

JR,

And when you factor in the fact that weekly instead of 50% of the total passengers receiving the pins, in the future it will only be 10 to 20% of that reducing the total pins on the secondary market....

Now 50% (Carnivals figure of repeat passengers) start receiving the pins on the second cruise, In the future repeat customers will not receive their "Free pins" until the 10th cruise..... If Carnival does not make them available for sale in the gift shops, well the sky will be the limit...

I have for years wondered why the 2000, & 2001 pins were not as abundant as I figured they should have been, Well, I read this from a senior, retired Carnival executive

""2000" IMAGINATION Edition of the Lapel Pin's put out by Carnival. These were given to guests sailing on the 1999 Millennium Cruise as a pillow gift New Years Eve. We got two of these as past guests on that sailing. It is my understanding they may have given them out to past guests on other ships and sailings after the New Year's Cruise until they ran out of those particular one's with the year. When they reordered they came without the year again.

This explains a lot of the reason for the shortage of the year dated pins ~~!!~~

Trade with JR for free, and the EBay prices are still depressed...October prices:

DESTINY CLASS: Avg. Price $ 2.96 on pin for 99 cent received no bid.

SPIRIT CLASS: Avg. Price $ 4.06 one sold for 99 cents..

CONQUEST CLASS: Avg. Price $ 6.42 one sold for .01cent, another $1.04.

SPLENDOR CLASS: Avg. Price $4.40 three sold for 3.99ea.

In many instantness the postage will be more than the cost of the pin.

Joe

What pin was Andy, the person in the post above, going to

send you? If I have one, I will send it to you. I am sorry

about this happening to you.

Don't worry about breaking the TRUST that I have spent

along time building with other collectors. It will take a lot

more than this to do that.

Besides I LOVE putting :)'s on faces, it makes my day.

On another side note, I have already instructed my family

what to do with my collection should something happen to me.

It will be given away to three special friends/collectors and NOT

be sold on Ebay.

That way, I know my FUN project will continue.:)

JR