Your Favorite Ship?

UDcc123

I'm curious as to everybody's favorite ship. This question would have nothing to do with the cruiseline, staff, entertainment, etc. Just based on the ship's size, decoration, cleanliness, theme, etc. With so much staff turnover on ship's, the only thing that really remains constant from month to month are the ships themselves.

We've taken two cruises so far. One on RCCL Adventure of the Seas, and the other on Carnival Valor. Both ships had about 3,000 passengers.

The Adventure ship was nice. Quite large and, except for picture taking time, we never experienced lines for anything. But there wasn't much of a "theme" to the ship. There was only one long promenade and a couple of lounges. I did like the fact that one of the main floors allowed you to walk outside all along the ship. The adults only area was nice and quiet and relaxing.

The Valor ship also had its good and bad points. You definitely knew there were 3,000 people on the ship, as there were more lines for most things. But I also liked the layout and theme of the ship. Everywhere you looked there was some sort of "Americanized" theme. Eagles on every pillar, red white & blue tiles, etc. I don't think it was "gaudy", but more like a Las Vegas type hotel on the strip, where each hotel has a theme and sticks to it. I kind of liked that. The Valor also seemed to have more lounges and things were more spaced out on the ship, which was nice. Though the ship did not have a main outside walkway all around the ship except on the pool deck. There wasn't a main "adults only" area and the two hot tubs marked for adults only constantly had kids in them, some of which were eating ice cream cones in the hot tub!

We're looking at taking a cruise in December either on RCCL Serenade of the Seas (the glass and water themes seems really interesting) or on the Golden Princess (seems like a classy clean ship). Does anyone have any thoughts on these ships or any others? Again, I'm only interested in the ships themselves...layout, themes, etc.

Thanks!

My favorite so far is the Grand Princess. I have very few complaints (the only one really is the midship stairs issue).

In fact, I loved it so much, I'm booked on her again in about 2 weeks, and onboard I'm booking a December cruise on the Grand as well as the repositioning Galveston-Rome if the ship's doing the itinerary again in 2006.

If I don't like Celebrity and Carnival (within the next 2 years I'll be trying each of those) I may end up cruising Princess exclusively.

LES!

My favourite thus far would have to be the Royal Clipper... sailing is so peaceful it can't be beat (no line-ups, no crowds in port, different ports)... and it was my first smaller ship... I'll never go back to the large ships.

My favorite ship is also The Grand Princess, sister ship to the Golden.

I sail on the Summit in two weeks so this might change.

I really don't know how my Summit cruise could be any better than the Grand was.

Mary Beth

Archived