All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

They changed the ice show ticket process, which used to be chaotic and awful. Now they assign ice shows by muster station number and you just show up. They almost always have seats, so if your time is not convenient, you can just show up at another time and will probably get in.

They changed the ice show ticket process, which used to be chaotic and awful. Now they assign ice shows by muster station number and you just show up. They almost always have seats, so if your time is not convenient, you can just show up at another time and will probably get in.

That is totally ridiculous. How do they know if a particular show fits in to a person's plans?

That is totally ridiculous. How do they know if a particular show fits in to a person's plans?

It's not ridiculous. It works! It sure beats waiting in a long line to get tickets. You know at the beginning of the cruise, so you can plan around it.

It worked fine on the Explorer in April. We could not make our assigned timed so we went the next day. There is a separate line for those people not part of the group who's scheduled show it is. Once the scheduled people are in they open the other line. We waited maybe 10 minutes and we were in. This system seems to be a winner.

It worked fine on the Explorer in April. We could not make our assigned timed so we went the next day. There is a separate line for those people not part of the group who's scheduled show it is. Once the scheduled people are in they open the other line. We waited maybe 10 minutes and we were in. This system seems to be a winner.

And if you had not gotten into the alternate show that you chose to go to perhaps your opinion as to the system being a winner might be different.

Hi everyone,:)

Please tell me it will be alright in JS 9618. Apparently, it's directly underneath the Royal Suite you know the one with the piano:confused:

I do see that the piano sits on a carpet. So I hope it buffers the sound. But is it very distracting when it's played. Hopefully, the occupants will be considerate and not play it during the early morning.

Thank you

Liz

Please tell me it will be alright in JS 9618. Apparently, it's directly underneath the Royal Suite you know the one with the piano:confused:

I do see that the piano sits on a carpet. So I hope it buffers the sound. But is it very distracting when it's played. Hopefully, the occupants will be considerate and not play it during the early morning.

Thank you

Liz

I don't know about being directly BELOW the piano, but on our February cruise we were directly next to the Royal Suite and never heard the piano. Of course, it probably depends more on who is in the RS.. If its a family with a keyboard banging kid or someone jumping around you may hear it, but if its well behaved individuals you will be fine. It's no different than any other cabin...

Steve

I don't know about being directly BELOW the piano, but on our February cruise we were directly next to the Royal Suite and never heard the piano. Of course, it probably depends more on who is in the RS.. If its a family with a keyboard banging kid or someone jumping around you may hear it, but if its well behaved individuals you will be fine. It's no different than any other cabin...

Steve

Thank you. You're right... I quess it depends who occupying the suite .Hopefully they will have some common courtesy:rolleyes: I remember we once had a connecting cabin and the 2 little girls cried 24/7 and played their moraccas into the wee hours of the night. Never again a connecting cabin for us. You can hear everything.:eek:

I'm also hoping the May 22nd sailing won't have that many kids. but then again it could be a young family with small children.

I still have some time to decide.:)

Liz

Thank you

Liz

Just bang on the ceiling with a broom stick.

I know that people have discussed this before, but now that I've read some of the live reviews of Breakaway...

I've been following the Norwegian Breakaway arrival with a lot of interest. If nothing else, competition with a big new boat should keep Royal Caribbean on their toes in New York.

That said, I see no reason to 'jump ship' from the Explorer. We're a Long Island family of four - kids 13 and 14, and we've been out on the Explorer two times already (booked for a third).

What we care about: teen activities; pools, space around the pools, bars around the spaces around the pools(!); destinations and excursions; space and some quiet.

What we care less about: shows; extra $$$ restaurants.

The Breakaway's ropes course and water slides are appealing, but I see that as a tie against the Explorer's ice skating.

And of course, Breakaway is the one with premium pricing now! So what do other people think - am I missing anything?

I was trying to decide between the two and decided on Explorer because the Breakaway balconies are tiny tiny tiny. For the money, GS on Explorer won.

We are on the Explorer soon, deck six, back half of the ship in a D1. Is the balcony large enough to ask for a lounge chair? I love relaxing with a book and the waves! The great afts were sold out.

I have just finished reading this thread, took me about 5 nights (off and on). We are going on Explorer 5 nights in August and could not be happier. One person on this forum asked if the travel passes for Bermuda ferries and buses were also sold on the ship, I didn't read an answer to that. It would be very convenient, but I have a feeling that we must get them once we dock. Could someone confirm. Many thanks all.

I have just finished reading this thread, took me about 5 nights (off and on). We are going on Explorer 5 nights in August and could not be happier. One person on this forum asked if the travel passes for Bermuda ferries and buses were also sold on the ship, I didn't read an answer to that. It would be very convenient, but I have a feeling that we must get them once we dock. Could someone confirm. Many thanks all.

The travel passes were not sold on the ship for our Explorer cruise this past April. There was a line for the passes at the dock, but it went fast, maybe 5 to 10 minutes to wait.

No I don't think they are available on the ship. You get them at the visitors center right where you get off the ship. Very easy and worth every penny.

Carole

Nope--same exact cost. The only benefit of prepurchasing is to save the two minutes onboard.

One other benefit is that the Coca-Cola symbol is pre-printed on your seapass card rather than a sticker that can come off.

Pat

We are on the Explorer soon, deck six, back half of the ship in a D1. Is the balcony large enough to ask for a lounge chair? I love relaxing with a book and the waves! The great afts were sold out.

I don't think any D1 I have ever done has been big enough for a lounger .... Well perhaps if that were the only piece of furniture out there

Trying to figure out if getting the soda package for my hubby is worth it. He drinks maybe 2- 3 sodas a day. How much is a can of coke going for on the ship. It's a 9 nine night cruise

Pam

Edited by pamkev