HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

Hello, Heather. One way to keep the momentum going is to ask for a deposit check from everyone. (LOL ) Those of us who send it will drive you crazy for the next year! (LOL)

Seriously, we are excited and looking forward to hearing the details as you gather them.

Sorry about the dishwater hands! Hope you had a good Easter with your family.

As we await the quotes from LauraS, I have a couple of questions for everyone to ponder. We want to come up with an "official" name for our group cruise. If Lane is able to go ahead with a web site (more hopefully from Lane on that), he would need a name for our group.

I know Ziggy suggested the "Hall-0-Weeners" and I can't remember if there were other suggestions. So how about everyone put their thinking caps on and come up with some other suggestions for us to ponder.

Otherwise, the name of our cruise will fall by default to the "Hall-O-Weeners" ... not that there's anything wrong with that:D .

On another subject, some of you might want to visit the Group Cruise area of CC and click on some of the group cruise links. It gives you an idea of how the booking page and message boards looks for the cruises. The fun thing is we'll get our own message board where we can all start threads about different subjects (about the cruise, of course;) ) just as we do here on the HAL boards.

While we're all waiting for that to occur, does everyone think I should start a new thread about this cruise to "freshen" it up? This is still the "poll" thread with many pages. I could start a new thread ... same title, but explain that we've finalized our date, etc., in case anyone is interested in getting onboard.

Let me know your thoughts, please!

OK...I'm in the Martini 29th club! I stuff my own olives with Feta cheese for "Feta Olive Martinis" I will force myself to have one every 29th till Oct 29th 2006...then I'll have two! :D Yes, I agree...fresh is better, not that water downed taste!

As we await the quotes from LauraS, I have a couple of questions for everyone to ponder. We want to come up with an "official" name for our group cruise. If Lane is able to go ahead with a web site (more hopefully from Lane on that), he would need a name for our group.

I know Ziggy suggested the "Hall-0-Weeners" and I can't remember if there were other suggestions. So how about everyone put their thinking caps on and come up with some other suggestions for us to ponder.

Otherwise, the name of our cruise will fall by default to the "Hall-O-Weeners" ... not that there's anything wrong with that:D .

On another subject, some of you might want to visit the Group Cruise area of CC and click on some of the group cruise links. It gives you an idea of how the booking page and message boards looks for the cruises. The fun thing is we'll get our own message board where we can all start threads about different subjects (about the cruise, of course;) ) just as we do here on the HAL boards.

While we're all waiting for that to occur, does everyone think I should start a new thread about this cruise to "freshen" it up? This is still the "poll" thread with many pages. I could start a new thread ... same title, but explain that we've finalized our date, etc., in case anyone is interested in getting onboard.

Let me know your thoughts, please!

Heather,

I think that your suggestion about beginning a new thread is great. You are right when you say that this is really a poll thread and we have decided on that.

About the name of the group, I'm going to have to give that some thought even though "Hall- of-Weeners" is not bad (after stupid me was able to get the connection:D ).

Richard

If doubt it really matters but thought I would mention that there was a large group who cruised on Maasdam last Halloween and they called themselves the Halloweiners. Maybe it might be too soon to use the like name again?

If doubt it really matters but thought I would mention that there was a large group who cruised on Maasdam last Halloween and they called themselves the Halloweiners. Maybe it might be too soon to use the like name again?

I agree with Sail, kind of like to have a different name if it has already been used. Brians idea is good: "Cruise Critic (or CC'ers) Hal-lo-ween Cruise" or something a little different like" :CC'ers "Naughti-cal or Nice" Masquerade Cruise"

Heather, I also think another Thread will be a good idea. Some people glancing down the list may just focus on "Poll" and not even click onto it. :)

Rita

Okay, I agree and will start a new thread. Then I'll provide a link on this one for any "stragglers":D

That's good info, Sail! I didn't know that so I don't think we should re-use it either. Do you think it's to close to go with Brian's idea and just call it the "Hall-O-Ween" cruise or is that too boring?

Rita, I like your use of "Masquerade". How about a combo of your two such as:

"The Naughtycal CC Masqueraders" or the

"CC Mystical Masquerade Cruise".

Or we could leave the CC out of it. Tell me!!!:p

I'll see what you all say and start a new thread trying to incorporate our name.

I agree a new thread is needed. This one is becoming unwiedly.

As for a name, I like bepsf's idea of HAL-O-WEEN, which works in the whole Holland America Line theme. Seems like since I have been a member of CC (about a year), there hasn't been a HAL group cruise and there are none scheduled for the future (yet!) We could also add a name at the beginning, like "The Martini Moguls' HAL-O-WEEN cruise", giving it a little more personality.

Just my two cents,

Lisa

Lisa, I agree about the use of "HAL" in the name. Very good. I don't want to add the "drinking" theme because I don't want it to sound like a booze cruise.

So now I'm thinking, how about the

HAL-O-Ween Masqueraders Cruise

or the HAL-O-Ween Naughtycal Masquerade Cruise (too long?)

Heather

Both sound good! I just thought if we are doing a Nautical Theme which some people seemed to like, we should have nautical/naughti-cal in there somewhere.:)

How about: The CC Nautical & Mystical Masquerade Cruise or

The CC "Naughti-cal but Nice" Masquerade Cruise

Also if we have Masquerade rather then Halloween, it will go good with our "Masquerade Martini's and Margarita"s :D

Anyone else have any comments for the Cruise name?

Rita

Yes, Mech, I tend to agree with you.

Rita, we'll not lose the "nautical" theme for our costumes, but the cruise isn't only about that. All of us already talking about the cruise know about these theme, but we're also trying to let others know. We want something catchy and quick.

I'll give this a little longer to see if there are any comments, but I really think that this title works:

"The HAL-O-Ween Masquerade Cruise"

or

"The Cruise Critic HAL-O-Ween Masquerade Cruise"

It also works with the whole idea that most of us have never met so in a way we're masquerading here on the boards.

My time it's now 3:08. We can toss it around for about an hour and if I don't get a lot of negative feedback I'll use it in my new thread. Okay????:D

Do you think people are going to think it's a costume cruise just because it says "masquerade"?

So you think just "Cruise Critic HAL-O-Ween Cruise"?

Hopefully more people will post. This just seems a little ho hum and I was trying to add a little magic to it.

Where is everybody!!!!???

I should have mentioned in my post about the name Halloweiners having been recently used, that it was used by a group from another BB.

I'm not very creative so have little to suggest but I do wonder if stressing Masquerade or Costume in the group name might dissuade some folks from joining in if they are not the 'dress up in costumes' type. There are some who feel they don't really want to get into costumes but still would like to be a part of the group cruise. They might back off is costumes are stressed too much and I'd hate for someone not to come for that reason.

CC'ers At Sea

HAL Group'ees to Sea

CC BB'ers to Sea the Sea ---skip that one; stupid!!! :o

CC "Dam" Cruise

-------Sorry, told you I'm not very creative but at least I tried. Didn't want to just criticize without trying think of something myself.

Oh well......

Hello!

I love the Hallo-ween Dam Cruise Name. The reason I used this title was because I remeber reading earlier in this thread that if someone wanted to find a group rate outside of the cruisecritic agent they could. Well I out of curosity am checking with travel agent to see what there prices are. I will know tommorow morning.

Paul:confused:

JMO, but I don't equate masquerade with costume. The former signifies masks or an air of mystery while the latter involves wearing costumes. Someone (I think it was Heather) indicated that our screen names are a masquerade of our true selves, which I agree with. Hopefully, we can reach a consensus on this one!

I like the HAL-O-Ween Masquerade Cruise. Sounds sophisticated, fun, and mysterious all at once.

It brings visions of a regal Southern Masquerade Ball to mind!

I like this also, but then I am sophisticated (not!), fun, and like to think a little mysterious at times! :D

I like the idea of it being a little different and not so "ho hum". I think the title alone will get attention, and if at the beginning of the new thread it is emphasized that it will be a "Nautical theme" and that costumes are totally optional, people who don't want to dress up will be more comfortable.

People can still feel like they are part of the theme even if they just wear a nautical top, pants, accessory, etc. Maybe just adding the word nautical to the theme will get the non-costume people's attention.

HAL-O-WEEN NAUTICAL MASQUERADE CRUISE

Rita

Archived