HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

Welcome Jane and Lisa!

Lisa, as one of your co-bumpee's from the "O" this October, it will be fun to finally meet you. :)

Heather have a good weekend with your family and get some rest from all of this!

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Even though this Cruise is 19 months away, I am going to keep it alive for me by drinking a small toast to all of you on the 29th of every month, until we all meet on 10/29/06! And this Halloween I just may have a double!!!! :D

Too bad we can't come up with a special drink name that would be our special Cruise Drink. They have such fancy names for the "Drinks of the Day" on the ships, if we do, maybe a talented Bartender, or one of you, can come up with a yummy recipe! Something like a CC'ers "Masquerade Martini", we won't know whats in it until the recipe is revealed at Midnight! :D

Sorry everyone, my imagination tends to get a little carried away at times! :o

Rita

Too bad we can't come up with a special drink name that would be our special Cruise Drink. They have such fancy names for the "Drinks of the Day" on the ships, if we do, maybe a talented Bartender, or one of you, can come up with a yummy recipe! Something like a CC'ers "Masquerade Martini", we won't know whats in it until the recipe is revealed at Midnight!

Sorry everyone, my imagination tends to get a little carried away at times!

Rita

Well if my DH and I wear a costume or mask you will have a CC'ers "Masquerade Martini" , you see our Last name is Martini, so we will be making it a double Martini :p We dont drink em though hehehehe :D Believe it or Not! :p

Welcome aboard Lisa & Brooke! :)

I love the idea of a "Masquerade Martini".....And, what a wonderful idea to have a drink on the 29th of each month in celebration of our upcoming cruise :).

Marie

Marie, still waiting ... except for StanfordsGirl who we haven't heard from in awhile, you're the only one who hasn't sent me her email.

Ziggy, that is too funny about your name! So it most definitely has to be the Masquerade Martini.

BTW, we have to come up with a title for Trubey being our Webmaster. Rita, you're the clever one with the imagination so work on that for us:D

Just got done watching "Runaway Jury" so I'm shutting down for the night and the weekend. Have a good one, everyone!

Well if my DH and I wear a costume or mask you will have a CC'ers "Masquerade Martini" , you see our Last name is Martini, so we will be making it a double Martini :p We dont drink em though hehehehe :D Believe it or Not! :p

Welcome aboard Lisa & Brooke! :)

That is so funny Ziggy, too bad you are "Cabana Girl", you could have been "Martini Girl" instead Anyway we can have Virgin and non-Virgin "Masquerade Martini's" so everyone can have one!

Heather mmmm, a name for Susan. Boy thats tough. Only think I can come up with at the drop of a hat and keeping with the Halloween idea is:

Spider "Webmistress" or Nautical: Surfin-The Webmistress

Help Susan, any ideas?

Rita

No Thanks on the "Martini Girl", been called that many times already but never the "Cabana Girl" :) Has a nice ring to it, think I will keep that one if your don't mind hehehehe :)

Since Susan & DH are doing the website, we should call them the "Ghoulist Webmasters!" or "Ghostly Webmasters" just my .02 cents :)

Spider "Webmistress" or Nautical: Surfin-The Webmistress

Help Susan, any ideas?

Rita

This would be good except I think it's more Lane than Susan that does the site. But I like the "Web" part because it applies and then of course there's spiders. So work with spiders and webs and Lane, etc.

I know I wasn't supposed to be on today at all, but I snuck a peek.;)

This would be good except I think it's more Lane than Susan that does the site. But I like the "Web" part because it applies and then of course there's spiders. So work with spiders and webs and Lane, etc.

I know I wasn't supposed to be on today at all, but I snuck a peek.;)

Can't we just substitute Mistress for Master? Either "SpiderWeb"master or "SurfingtheWeb"master.

Hey Lane, what do you think? You are the one thats going to be stuck with the title! ;)

No Thanks on the "Martini Girl", been called that many times already but never the "Cabana Girl" :) Has a nice ring to it, think I will keep that one if your don't mind hehehehe :)

Since Susan & DH are doing the website, we should call them the "Ghoulist Webmasters!" or "Ghostly Webmasters" just my .02 cents :)

Okay, I like Cabana Girl better anyway, has a Latin Beat to it! Havana Cabana, cha cha cha! Is there a Yellow banana cabana? We could nickname you Suzanna from Havana, the Queen of the Yellow Banana Cabana. :D Heh heh. I just got off of a 12 hr. shift at the hospital and I am suffering from lack of sleep.

BTW your ideas for Susan and Lane are also good! :)

Rita

I sent an e-mail to Heather already, but wanted to let everyone know that my wife and I will be joining you! We are taking our 1st HAL cruise this summer on the Volendam, and I was looking for a 2006 Caribbean cruise already, so this sounds great!

We are both part-time home based TA's, so will be glad to check rates, etc. Also pretty good with a camera, if that is needed. You can check out some photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/robntawn

We would like to try a Category S this time around.

Rob and Tanya Johnson robntawn@pacbell.net

Um ... as far as checking rates, I think it's been stated that no one should be doing that for the group.

If you want to check rates for yourselves, that's okay.

This is a step-by-step process which Heather and Ekerr have explained, and so all the rate-checking, as far as a group rate, is being handled by them.

I sent an e-mail to Heather already, but wanted to let everyone know that my wife and I will be joining you! We are taking our 1st HAL cruise this summer on the Volendam, and I was looking for a 2006 Caribbean cruise already, so this sounds great!

We are both part-time home based TA's, so will be glad to check rates, etc. Also pretty good with a camera, if that is needed. You can check out some photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/robntawn

We would like to try a Category S this time around.

Rob and Tanya Johnson robntawn@pacbell.net

Welcome Aboard Rob and Tanya!

Great, I think we need our own photographer! Loved your pictures! I love Paris too! We are using the cruise critic TA's but maybe later we can have you check indivual prices to compare for cheaper rates if others want.Also some are doing back to backs for this cruise so maybe they will need help with that :) Thanks for your offer of help :)

Yes, Oceanwench, I believe we met on the Phil Lafayette tour.

You guys are going beserk with all the names! I have no idea what all of it is about, but we will certainly toast on the 29th of every month. We love martinis! Make mine a cosmo.

Cheers (and Happy Easter!)

Lisa

Phew! Our family has taken off into the Wild Blue Yonder, but what a wonderful time with them. If only there was no food involved I would have really enjoyed myself! But it seemed I'd finish clearing and cleaning from one meal and it was time for another.

Our numbers are really increasing and I think that's fantastic. I'm so glad so many of you are finding us. I'm really looking forward to getting the info from LauraS hopefully tomorrow.

Lane, help me out. I don't understand your post. You said "Duckfoot". Do you mean that's your title? Help!!!:confused: We'll call you whatever you want. If you want "Webmaster Duckfoot", we'll go with that.

I have another drink for all you drinkers out there! How about "Marguerita Madness". It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

So I'm back on the job! I'm going to put together a new list for you all to see and post it . Only person I haven't heard from is StanfordsGirl so I'm not sure what's happening with her. But it looks like everyone else thinks October 2006 is right around the next corner!!!:D Can we keep this momentum going???

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. We had a new drink today at son's house, a Mango Margarita, know it sounds awful but was really quite good! Heather, hope you hear from Laura in the next few days.

I had my first ever chocolate martini this weekend! I know, it sounds gross, but it was actually really good! The funny thing was that I told my friends that I have to have a martini on the 29th of every month because of a website I'm on. Now they know I'm crazy! :D

Iggi! I bet it was really yummy! Going to have my first one on the Infinity on the 28th of Aug. Of course I will have to have another flavor on thr 29th! :D

So everyone, whether you are toasting with a Martini, Margarita, or a Shirley Temple (Ziggy) Don't forget our first salute to our Cruise on the 29th (Tuesday) of this month! :)

Rita

My salute of choice would have to be a mango daquiri. Discovered those on Grand Cayman a few years back, and they became my "drink of the trip". Yum!

I should get a few under DH's belt as I haven't hit him with the trip yet. The only thing that might get in the way is that he was really looking to do a Panama Canal cruise in 2006.

My salute of choice would have to be a mango daquiri. Discovered those on Grand Cayman a few years back, and they became my "drink of the trip". Yum!

I should get a few under DH's belt as I haven't hit him with the trip yet. The only thing that might get in the way is that he was really looking to do a Panama Canal cruise in 2006.

Nancy, hope you can join us! :) We want to do the P.C. next year also, but hoping to do both, if we can get a good deal on the Canal Cruise. This one will probably be one of a kind. CC'ers and a Masquerade party. Plus fun at HMC!

Start the toasting now and get him to toast with you. Then while he is "Under the Influence", gently spring it on him! :D

Rita

Archived