HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

Can't "scare" me away that easily! :D Good idea Brian regarding the Costumes. I will keep an eye out. Too bad we couldn't do a theme and everyone try and work with it. Something like the Alien Bar of Star Wars! Its easy to dress like an alien of some kind. Usually just use stuff around the house, plus maybe some make-up. Or a period theme! Anyway just a thought.

Please..........No theme costumes thingees. No way you're getting us into any alien /Star Wars anything. Nothing against Star Wars in particular...........Just don't ask us to 'theme costume' anything. Thanks, if you can accomodate. :)

I just want to let everyone know that I am in contact with LauraS who has sent our cruise date out for bids. This will be the first group cruise that CC has ever done so she is learning that HAL handles it differently than other cruiselines.

So far she's gotten one explanation that isn't acceptable for us. It seems that HAL will give a certain number of staterooms in certain categories at an assigned rate. But if we later need MORE of that category, they assign a different rate.

LauraS says this simply will not work for a CC group and they're working on that now. As soon as I have more infor, you'll all be the first to know.

I will not be online over the Easter weekend because we're having family visit from the North. They're going to find it pretty darned hot and humid down here!:o Anyway, just bear in mind that I'll be checking in early Friday, but after that I won't be back until Sunday night at the earliest. I imagine most of you have plans, too.

Darn! I don't know if it did it for you, but I get 40 posts per page so my long important post fell at the bottom of my page 5. If you're reading page 6 and didn't see my list, please go back and check it. Thanks!

Re: Costumes!!! I can tell you right now that I will be the person in the Pumpkin T-shirt saying "I don't do costumes"!!! Truth is, I have on rare occasions down costumes. The last one I was Raggedy Ann and a pretty good one, too:rolleyes: !!!

:D HEATHER - CONTINUED THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS! HAVE A GREAT EASTER!

ZIGGY - LOVE THE "WESTERDAM HALL-O-WEENER'S" AS A TITLE!

CONGRATULATIONS FOR BEING OUR "CABANA QUEEN"!

SINCE THE HURRICANES, IF I STILL HAVE THE INFO, THERE WAS A GREAT WEB SITE FOR CABANA LOCATIONS COMPLETE WITH PHOTOS AND CABANA COLORS AND LOCATIONS. I WILL EMAIL THEM TO YOU IF I CAN FIND THEM. IF NOT, PERHAPS SOMEONE HERE WILL HAVE THEM.

WE DID THE CABANA THING OUR LAST TIME OUT AND IT WAS WONDERFUL. EVERYONE WAS SO HELPFUL TO DH WHO HAS HAD TWO MAJOR BACK SURGERIES AND NEEDED ASSISTANCE. (WE BROUGHT A RENTED WHEEL CHAIR FOR THIS CRUISE!) I FORGET WHO POSTED THAT SOMEONE COULD NOT DO HALF MOON CAY AND WOULD STAY ABOARD - EMAIL ME AND IF I CAN HELP I WILL. MAYBE BUDDY UP. OUR TA HELPED US MAKE IT POSSIBLE.

WE WILL ALSO WANT A CABANA - THE NEAREST TO FACILITIES - DUE TO WALKING PROBLEMS -UNFORTUNATELY NOT AT THE FAR END. EVEN WITHOUT ANY DISABILITY, IT'S A TRIP. (HOWEVER, ONCE SETTLED IN WHO KNOWS - I MIGHT BE TEMPTED TO DISCOVER "WHAT IS GOING ON WHEN IT HAS TO .....STAY THERE???) :eek:

TRUBEY- THANKS FOR BEING A TALENTED-TWOSOME - SUSAN & LANE (HOW LUCKY CAN YOU GET?) BOTH OUR GROUP AND SUSAN! LANE, WE HAD SOME GOOD PICTURES, SO HOPE I AM ABLE TO ENTER YOUR GREAT CONTEST.

BRIAN??? LOVE THE HOLLOWEEN COSTUME BALL!:rolleyes: ,MAYBE I CAN FINALLY "PACK LIGHT":D THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SO MUCH FUN! " YES, VIRGINIA, THERE REALLY IS A PINK CABANA!" ( BUT WE HAD ZIGGY'S TOURQUOISE.)

EMAIL - I REALIZE THIS IS A VERY INDIVIDUAL DECISION. I HAVE PERSONALLY NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HAVING OUR CC EMAIL AVAILABLE.

THE PROBLEM I REALLY HAVE IS IN NOT BEING ABLE TO CONTACT THOSE I MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT DIRECTLY DUE TO NO EMAIL ADDRESS. THE PROFILE SAYS YOU CAN ALLOW IT, BUT NO CIGARS!

WE HAVE A NON-APPROVED GROUP OF HAL CRUISERS GOING ON OUR NEXT BOOKED CRUISE. - VEENDAM SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - 11-26-05. I FEEL WE ARE SO LUCKY TO FINALLY HAVE SOMEONE WITH THE DESIRE, TIME AND ABILITY TO DO THIS FOR OUR GROUP!

ZIGGY EVEN HAS "HER LIST" THAT IS TRYING TO HELP HAL CRUISERS TO FIND

THEIR FELLOW SHIPMATES - ON WHATEVER CRUISE!

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BOOK THE ENTIRE SHIP! WHY NOT?

IF NOT A "THEAM FOR COSTUME" ... (THANKS SAIL!) WHY NOT A "PRIZE"

TO BE DETERMINED LATER BY VOTE, -

MOST ORIGINAL, FUNNIEST, CUTEST AND WHATEVER CATAGORIES WE CAN COME UP WITH. IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA, PLEASE CHIME IN!

ENOY AND HAPPY EASTER TO ONE AND ALL!:D

Please..........No theme costumes thingees. No way you're getting us into any alien /Star Wars anything. Nothing against Star Wars in particular...........Just don't ask us to 'theme costume' anything. Thanks, if you can accomodate. :)

Okay Sail I am flexible, we can all wear Pumpkin T-Shirts that say "I don't do costumes" or would that be too thee-me like? :D

Ginny & Ed, the only way you can get email addresses is to place them in your signature or in the body of the post. That works fine. But they've disabled that feature in the profiles because of problems. I've posted my email address many times with no problem. I have many email addresses for everyone on "our" cruise because I've found them in their emails or they've sent them to me.

So I think sharing email addresses is up to the individuals. I've asked as many as possible to please email me their addresses at HeathersIsland@aol.com because there may be some things we'll want to discuss off the boards.

Mechcc, got you down for 2:D .

One other thing while I'm posting, it would be very helpful if you could let me know either by posting or emailing me what category cabin you would be interested in. Whenever possible, use the new categories like PS, S, SS, VA (A), VB (AA), VC (B), VD (B), VE (BB), VF (BC), C, D, DD, E, F, G, or H. For each category I have put the old designations in parens following the new designation.

You can get a ballpark idea of prices for each category on the HAL website. Some of the online agencies are also quoting prices for this cruise, but not all. And some do it one day and not the next.

This is not a commitment at all, but it might help if I can give LauraS an idea of the categories our initial group would want.

Thanks, everyone!

HEATHER - CONTINUED THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS! HAVE A GREAT EASTER!

ZIGGY - LOVE THE "WESTERDAM HALL-O-WEENER'S" AS A TITLE!

CONGRATULATIONS FOR BEING OUR "CABANA QUEEN"!

SINCE THE HURRICANES, IF I STILL HAVE THE INFO, THERE WAS A GREAT WEB SITE FOR CABANA LOCATIONS COMPLETE WITH PHOTOS AND CABANA COLORS AND LOCATIONS. I WILL EMAIL THEM TO YOU IF I CAN FIND THEM. IF NOT, PERHAPS SOMEONE HERE WILL HAVE THEM.

WE DID THE CABANA THING OUR LAST TIME OUT AND IT WAS WONDERFUL. EVERYONE WAS SO HELPFUL TO DH WHO HAS HAD TWO MAJOR BACK SURGERIES AND NEEDED ASSISTANCE. (WE BROUGHT A RENTED WHEEL CHAIR FOR THIS CRUISE!) I FORGET WHO POSTED THAT SOMEONE COULD NOT DO HALF MOON CAY AND WOULD STAY ABOARD - EMAIL ME AND IF I CAN HELP I WILL. MAYBE BUDDY UP. OUR TA HELPED US MAKE IT POSSIBLE.

WE WILL ALSO WANT A CABANA - THE NEAREST TO FACILITIES - DUE TO WALKING PROBLEMS -UNFORTUNATELY NOT AT THE FAR END. EVEN WITHOUT ANY DISABILITY, IT'S A TRIP. (HOWEVER, ONCE SETTLED IN WHO KNOWS - I MIGHT BE TEMPTED TO DISCOVER "WHAT IS GOING ON WHEN IT HAS TO .....STAY THERE???)

TRUBEY- THANKS FOR BEING A TALENTED-TWOSOME - SUSAN & LANE (HOW LUCKY CAN YOU GET?) BOTH OUR GROUP AND SUSAN! LANE, WE HAD SOME GOOD PICTURES, SO HOPE I AM ABLE TO ENTER YOUR GREAT CONTEST.

BRIAN??? LOVE THE HOLLOWEEN COSTUME BALL! ,MAYBE I CAN FINALLY "PACK LIGHT"THANKS FOR MAKING THIS SO MUCH FUN! " YES, VIRGINIA, THERE REALLY IS A PINK CABANA!" ( BUT WE HAD ZIGGY'S TOURQUOISE.)

EMAIL - I REALIZE THIS IS A VERY INDIVIDUAL DECISION. I HAVE PERSONALLY NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HAVING OUR CC EMAIL AVAILABLE.

THE PROBLEM I REALLY HAVE IS IN NOT BEING ABLE TO CONTACT THOSE I MIGHT WANT TO CONTACT DIRECTLY DUE TO NO EMAIL ADDRESS. THE PROFILE SAYS YOU CAN ALLOW IT, BUT NO CIGARS!

WE HAVE A NON-APPROVED GROUP OF HAL CRUISERS GOING ON OUR NEXT BOOKED CRUISE. - VEENDAM SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN - 11-26-05. I FEEL WE ARE SO LUCKY TO FINALLY HAVE SOMEONE WITH THE DESIRE, TIME AND ABILITY TO DO THIS FOR OUR GROUP!

ZIGGY EVEN HAS "HER LIST" THAT IS TRYING TO HELP HAL CRUISERS TO FIND

THEIR FELLOW SHIPMATES - ON WHATEVER CRUISE!

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BOOK THE ENTIRE SHIP! WHY NOT?

IF NOT A "THEAM FOR COSTUME" ... (THANKS SAIL!) WHY NOT A "PRIZE"

TO BE DETERMINED LATER BY VOTE, -

MOST ORIGINAL, FUNNIEST, CUTEST AND WHATEVER CATAGORIES WE CAN COME UP WITH. IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA, PLEASE CHIME IN!

ENOY AND HAPPY EASTER TO ONE AND ALL!

Thanks Sinbad, any help would be appreciated :) Now as for the name Cabana Queen, does that mean I am Queen for day on HMC and everything is free ??? heheheheh j/k :D

While I dont think we need a theme for costumes, I think it would be fun to maybe do masqerade (sp) for those who dont want to dress up, also I think a contest would be fun ! Maybe HAL would give us a few prises for our group, what ya think ????

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!

One other thing while I'm posting, it would be very helpful if you could let me know either by posting or emailing me what category cabin you would be interested in. Whenever possible, use the new categories like PS, S, SS, VA (A), VB (AA), VC (B), VD (B), VE (BB), VF (BC), C, D, DD, E, F, G, or H. For each category I have put the old designations in parens following the new designation.

Sorry to be difficult, but my cabin prefrence is going to depend on if my wife will be able to be on the ship or not.

If she's able to (please keep your fingers crossed), then we'll be living the (S)uite life. If I'll be doing another solo trip, I'll probably go with a C.

Okay Sail I am flexible, we can all wear Pumpkin T-Shirts that say "I don't do costumes" or would that be too thee-me like? :D

Renorita--

...if you wear that, we'll all know exactly who you are, and that won't win you a prize!;)

Heather --

Please put me down for an SS on Navigation Deck.

(I'm not a snob - I just like bubble-baths in the jacuzzi!)

thumbMon-Tues_Cruise_012.jpg :)

S7S, et al --

If we did choose a theme for our Grand Masquerade Ball (which we don't have to) we might choose "Holland America". We could have prizes for "Best Theme Costume" and others for "Best Non-Theme Costume" amongst other awards. Perhaps we can enlist any non-costumers (Heather?) in our group plus a couple of cooperative ACD's to judge us - Sound Good???

We've got 19 months to dig out those silly Dutch Boy/Dutch girl hat's from your previous HAL cruises and get creative!

But above all, Don't stress!!! Make it fun!!! :D

Sorry to be difficult, but my cabin prefrence is going to depend on if my wife will be able to be on the ship or not.

If she's able to (please keep your fingers crossed), then we'll be living the (S)uite life. If I'll be doing another solo trip, I'll probably go with a C.

Iggi--

If you and I both end up single for this trip - you can always bunk w/ me in the SS... ;)

Iggi--

If you and I both end up single for this trip - you can always bunk w/ me in the SS... ;)

I donno Brian..ywith you being quite the social butterfly, you may want the privacy of your own cabin. Mr. Post-it notes for phone and cabin numbers on the door. ;)

S7S, et al --

If we did choose a theme for our Grand Masquerade Ball (which we don't have to) we might choose "Holland America". We could have prizes for "Best Theme Costume" and others for "Best Non-Theme Costume" amongst other awards. Perhaps we can enlist any non-costumers (Heather?) in our group plus a couple of cooperative ACD's to judge us - Sound Good???

We've got 19 months to dig out those silly Dutch Boy/Dutch girl hat's from your previous HAL cruises and get creative!

Sounds like a plan to me, Brian. :)

Heather......I'm sure I probably need not say, but please put us down for an "S".....unless Brian doesn't mind if I come soak in his tub. ;) He's got good bubbles!! :D Hope you didn't turn on the jets and fluff those bubbles all over the place. :)

We're moving along! I have some good news. LauraS has gotten all the quotes and she will review them and send one to me tomorrow. As soon as I have something to share with all of you, I will. I hope so much that we will be happy with the specifics of the offer for the group cruise.

Just to review, if we go ahead with this as a CC Group Cruise, we will book through this agent. That is not to say that you can't book on your own, but you would not be "officially" part of the group. Unofficially, though, we're all together in this no matter what:D.

We will all decide together based on how many of us are happy with the quotes as to whether we feel it's a fair price and want to go ahead.

If not, I'm hoping we can all book this cruise individually and still be a "group". I think it promises to be a wonderful group of people based on all the posts and comraderie I've seen since this all began. We can still do a Roll Call and have a great time.

For the list I'm creating of our group, I really need at least first names for many of you that I don't have. Please email me at: HeathersIsland@aol.com.

I donno Brian..ywith you being quite the social butterfly, you may want the privacy of your own cabin. Mr. Post-it notes for phone and cabin numbers on the door. ;)
hahahaha good answer Iggi! Score one for iggi hehehehe :D

Heather, you can call me Debbie, ziggy7 or whatever , just dont call me late for dinner!!! ;) :p

[/color][/b]

Hope you didn't turn on the jets and fluff those bubbles all over the place. :)

S7S--

Of course I did!!!

You shoulda seen the bubbles before I had the glass of champagne handed to me - everywhere! At first I was concerned about bubbles on the floor, then I realized:

1. There's a drain in the floor... :)
  2. ...but this isn't my bathroom... :)
  3. ...'cause I'm on a cruise! :D
  4. The steward will be along while we're at dinner to clean up! :p

Brian, No because Ziggy7 already has her Pumpkin Shirt, unless she was fibbing to us! :eek: Anyway I won't wear it because I want to try out for one of the prizes. Heard that the best prize will be:

30 minute soak in your bubble bath tub! :D

Eeeeeeewwwwww! No Dutch hats and wooden shoes for me! But I do have an idea! No this one may be workable Sail! :)

How about a Nautical Theme? That way people can just come in any kind of nautical top/bottom or both: Or come up with a Costume such as: Pirate, Ships Captain, Sailor, Mermaid/merman, Beach Bum, Treasure Chest, Tugboat.

Anyway you get the idea!

And we could call it: CC'er "Naughti-cal or Nice" Masquerade Party! :rolleyes:

What do you all think? Go ahead I can take rejection! :o

Rita

Archived