HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']Yes! I meant Rita! Heaven help me I'm losing it entirely. I thought Rita and wrote Ruth. I think she's on my mind because she's been so ill.

Rita, sorry!

Ziggy, what would I do without you to keep me on track;) .

[b][i]Note to Heather[/i][/b]: Do not put yourself in charge of the name tags!!!!!:D[/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=3][color=black]hehehee Heather, too funny![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3][color=black] Uh oh we are going to wear name tags ???? LOL :p [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Ziggy7']
[font=Arial][size=3][color=black] Uh oh we are going to wear name tags ???? LOL :p [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

Hmm..and then the question becomes what do we put on the name tags, our CC Nicks or our real names!

[quote name='Iggipolka']Hmm..and then the question becomes what do we put on the name tags, our CC Nicks or our real names![/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=3][color=black]Just a guess but Both ???? hehehehe [/color][/size][/font]:p

That will be one of the big decisions facing us over the next year and a half;) . Of course it's easy for me ... "Heather" will do it:D . But for many, the "real" name won't even give a clue! Of course, we could try to figure it out and just forget name tags all together at least in the beginning. I think that would be the most fun.

Brian is going to plan a get together at a hotel the night before. I think we should all arrive there with no sign of who we are and we'll just figure it out. For some it will be easy because of our avatars and posted pics. My avatar is a flattering picture so I could probably fool you all.

The whole thing should be really fun and interesting as it unfolds.!

[size=3][color=black]Well shoot there goes my idea for everyone carrying signs with name, age, rank, serial number, who your with, who you belong to, how many kids, and anything else about you, so we dont have to take notes and remember it later !! :p [/color][/size]

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']Oh, C'mon Ziggy!!! I know you're kidding because you can't do that without a reservation # and you don't have one!!! You're trying to get us all excited!!! Bad girl!!!:D[/QUOTE]

Of course you are right, Heather. But this made me think about cabanas. Do you think that it would be a good idea to try and book as many cabanas as early as we could. If we had more than four people per cabana interested, it sure would start to make the cost per person pretty reasonable.

Richard

Yes, Richard, I agree absolutely. They won't open those up for reservations until a few months before the cruise. By then we'll know how many people we are and how many would like to pitch in. The cabanas are $219 for 4 people and I believe you can add people for $45 pp.
It would be great if we could reserve 3 or 4, but we can work this out as time goes on. I know that sometimes the cabana boys are quite flexible about how many people are actually coming and going in a cabana, but obviously you can't pack 12 into one and not expect to pay extra.

We'll have to talk about this as time goes on, but I think cabanas are great. We really enjoyed ours on our recent cruise.

[font=Arial Black][color=teal]Nametags???[/color][/font]

[font=Arial Black][color=teal]Maybe, but I have the feeling that many of you will know who I am without needing a nametag...:D This is an excellent opportunity for someone to get creative. ([i]Hint-hint...)[/i] Also, anyone for door decorating???[/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=deepskyblue]There was a very good article on CruiseMates about someone reserving a single cabana on HMC for 4 folks, yet there were many others coming/going and visiting and the cabana boy ran around gathering food and drink for all visitors. Now he [i]deserved[/i] one heck of a tip!!![/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][/font]
[font=Arial Black]I hope we can get the pink one so we can stock it w/ lots of bubbly, chocolate & decorations so everyone will know that we're meeting at the [color=magenta][i]Pink Champagne Cabana...[/i][/color][/font]
[i][font=Arial Black][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial Black][color=purple]Iggi--[/color][/font][/i]
[font=Arial Black][color=#800080]You planning on bringing that wedding dress w/ you?[/color][/font]
[font=Arial Black][color=#800080]We'd love to see you have an ROV ceremony...[/color][/font]
:)

[quote name='HeatherInFlorida']Ziggy, I'm surprised you haven't put a ticker for "our" special cruise:D[/QUOTE] [font=Arial][size=3][color=black]I tried but it wont let me. CC says you can only use 1500 char. per signature and I guess I'm maxed waaaaaaaaaaa[/color][/size][/font] :(

[quote name='bepsf'][font=Arial Black][color=teal]anyone for door decorating???[/color][/font]

[/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=3][color=black]Oh yes [color=magenta]Brian[/color], we are having a [color=red][u]contest[/u][/color], prize at this point unknown :D Also as time goes on I will start a cabana share prorgam :) [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Ziggy7'][font=Arial][size=3][color=black]I tried but it wont let me. CC says you can only use 1500 char. per signature and I guess I'm maxed waaaaaaaaaaa[/color][/size][/font] :([/QUOTE][font=Arial][size=5][color=black]Ha! I did it :)[/color][/size][/font]

We will volunteer to do the art work and the web site. Give me your opinions and comments in your next few posts.

In pre-planning our website, I'd like to throw out a few ideas:

(1) Do we want links for our actual e-mail addresses or would we prefer coded ones (to avoid spam from web crawlers)?

(2) Shall we include individual photos of our group?

(3) Shall we include a "who we are" section?

Susan.

p.s. Last week I finally decided to add an avatar to our profile. It was a toss-up between what you see above and Victoria below—who actually is a male donkey that we had for a year or so. Some mornings I'm not sure which represents me better.

Susan - What a generous offer. Thanks so much. I like the idea of the individual photos. That will help us recognize one another. We have done that for my Sept CC cruise. The who we are section sounds good too. I am undecided on the email. Personally, I don't have a problem with putting mine out there, but many may, and I do understand.

Marie

I agree the emails have to be a personal choice. I have mine in my signature here and I have had no problems at all. But it is not my regular address, it is a screen name that I set up specifically for CC.

I am so excited about all these great ideas! Susan, what a generous offer! Maybe you can make a collage of photos in the form of a ship!!!:D I'M KIDDING!!!!

Brian, it's true that review talked about extra people, but I don't think there were more than 2 or 3 extras from what I could see. Two or three extra people coming and going from a cabana and 10 to 20 are quite a different thing. Ziggy can be our official Cabana Girl!!! She can work out the logistics and report back to us. Ziggy, for Brian's sake we have to at least include the "pink" cabana;) Is the pink near the yellow? It would be great to be at the far end of the beach ... just take over that whole area!

I can't believe all you guys posting in the middle of the night!!!

I have the names of 3 people who voted for the 10/29 and 11/12 cruises and did not post. I had said I would assume anyone not posting was fine with both dates so I'd really love to hear from you as to whether you're still interested in this cruise.

If you're not comfortable posting you can always email me at [email="HeathersIsland@aol.com"]HeathersIsland@aol.com[/email]. I want to get a initial number for our group.

Here are the names: bellebaby, brfan, and JohnR49er. Anyone else know these folks? Let me know:)

So far there are 20 voting for the Eastern Caribbean on the WESTERDAM.
You know there is another group trying to get an "alternative" to Hawaii on the ZANDAM in October 2006.
Let's see how both go!!!

Himself

I have declared a CONTEST!

I'm looking for your best Caribbean Cruise picture. This would be the one that HAL [i]should [/i]have used in the cruise brochure.

FIRST PRIZE: We use your photo as the main feature on our website.

Hurry!!! Contest Closes one week from today on March 28.

Send your entries to:

[email="cruise_trubey@yahoo.com"]cruise_trubey@yahoo.com[/email]

susan.

Archived