HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

I'm sorry I caused such a stir. I wasn't trying to be difficult. It's just that it's confusing enough without throwing other prices into the mix at this point.

If we're trying to all cruise together, doesn't make any sense to bicker!!! We'll all have to make up:D .

EKerr and I will only handle this group cruise if we do it through CC. It would be practically impossible to do it through any other arrangement. If someone else decides at a later date to take that on and handle it by email, phone etc., that's fine.

It is my personal view that we met here on the CC boards, we pay nothing for the use of these boards and if we're going to do it we owe it to CC to do it on the up and up. Laura (EKerr) and I have spoken about this and decided it's the only way we want to be involved.

So, again, I'm really not trying to be difficult and I won't twist one person's arm to join us (except for Sail maybe;) ) ... but when we get the quote from CC, those will be the rates for this cruise.

If we feel the price is too high, we forget it and move on and we're all still friends. Is this okay with everybody?

It is my personal view that we met here on the CC boards, we pay nothing for the use of these boards and if we're going to do it we owe it to CC to do it on the up and up. Laura (EKerr) and I have spoken about this and decided it's the only way we want to be involved.

That sounds very reasonable to me ... but I'm looking on as an outsider.

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment"

Heather ... I want to say, again, how powerful those words are. I should have remembered them and kept my fat head out of it.

I'm sorry I caused such a stir. I wasn't trying to be difficult. It's just that it's confusing enough without throwing other prices into the mix at this point.

If we're trying to all cruise together, doesn't make any sense to bicker!!! We'll all have to make up:D .

EKerr and I will only handle this group cruise if we do it through CC. It would be practically impossible to do it through any other arrangement. If someone else decides at a later date to take that on and handle it by email, phone etc., that's fine.

So, again, I'm really not trying to be difficult and I won't twist one person's arm to join us (except for Sail maybe;) ) ... but when we get the quote from CC, those will be the rates for this cruise.

If we feel the price is too high, we forget it and move on and we're all still friends. Is this okay with everybody?

I'm okie dokie with it :) And I agree, it should done here on CC :)

What I dont agree with is someone else taking over this get together, they can start their own! There were 5 or 6 of us that actually wanted to do this and it was opened to the public forum. I think in trying to please everyone, there were too many options to do exactly that. JMHO :)

So far I've stayed off this thread because we didn't we'd be going. But this group cruise is beginning to sound more and more like a great fun. One question, though. Fall of '06 is still very far off, would we be able to sign up, like a year from now? Would this interfere?

Susan.

Ah, Greg, your head's not fat!!!:o All is forgiven ... only wish you could join us!!!

Susan, I understand what your saying. The way it works is this. Once we have a date we go to LauraS with an estimate of how many we're starting out with and she gets a quote. We reserve a certain number of cabins. I think the TA will help us with that determination. My guess is that as we make our deposits we can request specific cabins. I will verify this with LauraS. You can make your deposit anytime up until 5 months before the cruise as long as there are still cabins available. After that they are released.

So the easy answer really is you certainly can take that chance and there's every possibility you could still book it.

Ziggy, you are very right. I'm going to analyze what we have here and make another post very shortly. I think it's time to sew this up.

Okay. I wrote everyone's name down who voted for 10/29 and 11/12 since that has the most number of votes. I then checked off everyone's preferences and while it was very close the 10/29 date works better for most people. There were many who said they could do either, but have also told me 10/29 is definitely better.

In addition, the 11/12 date could cause some air problems for some people since the return would be the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The rates go up then; the whole thing can be quite a mess. So that's a consideration for many of us.

So I'm going to go to Laura with the 10/29 date. I want to tell so many of you who cannot make that date that I am so very sorry. If this is successful and we do well, then hopefully there will be other group cruises.

For those of you who wanted the Southern Caribbean, why don't you jot down the names and get together and create your own cruise! There's no reason you can't do one as well.

Thanks for everyone's help and input.

We have a year and a half to plan this ... what fun!

I was just thinking, if they still have the Holland American Idol [or whatever they call it], the group should get an act together! No, not line-dancing nude Christian lesbians.

I wonder if there are *rules* about the entries?

Can a chorus of CC'ers take part?

[i can't carry a tune.]

Heather - you are just a doll for taking on all of this work. This sounds like it will be a fabolous cruise with all the cc's on board (even though we're new to the board, everyone seems just wonderful). If we can do anything to help with the next planning stage, please just ask. To those who can't make it - we are sorry you can't join us, but rest assured that we will think of you and drink a toast to you. Now we need to get the countdown clock running.:)

Let me join in saying "Thank You Heather".

DW is going to be so excited when I tell her about this. She's in Fla. right now with DD#2 and some friends checking out some Phillies spring training games.

I'm stuck at home with DS and this has allowed me to have some sanity this week!

A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME, TOO, HEATHER

Looks like my DH wants to go. He should be able to get that 10/29 week off.

My biggest concern is: why have the Buffy the Vampire Slayers been left out of this? If we're including all the Christian, nude, lesbian, etc. I think this should be part of it, too. (AND THINK OF THE COSTUME POSSIBILITES!) :D

Beth

Many Thanks, Heather. You have been so patient and considerate and have done so much work on all of our behalf.

I have not yet talked about this with DH. I like to wait until I have real info before bringing up something for us to discuss. Now that we have a date.....

Hmmmm, a good dinner, a nice wine, some special treats.......and maybe, just maybe, he just might agree.!!! :)

I'm in for 10/29 and I'll be hopeful (foolishly optomistic) that my spouse will be able to go too.

I sure hope you and your partner can make it Iggi!!!

I'm counting on you to lead the line-dancing!!!

;)

Phew! That's done:D . At my request Walt has kindly shut down the actual poll so no more votes can be made, but we can continue to post here and have some fun till I get the next step. I've already heard back from LauraS!! I'm going to call her that so we don't get her mixed up with Laura EKerr.

I had a few questions for her. Most important I want everyone to know that you will be able to choose your cabin # at the time you make your deposit. So once we have specifics you'll want to do that quickly if you're at all fussy.

You will also be able to talk directly to the agent so that's great to know, too. I think we have a wonderful group here and I'm sure we'll get many more who will want to join the fun. It's great to have so much time to plan.

Iggi, I'm so happy you can make 10/29. I know it wasn't your first choice. Hope your spouse can make it, too.

Brian, I have a very nice next door neighbor you just might be interested in:D so you let me know. He cruises a lot so you may already know him!!!!;)

Thanks, everyone, for such nice comments. I think this is going to be really successful and most of all FUN!!! I'll keep you posted on what happens next and any info I get from CC.

Well everyone...

I'm sorry to say that I'll have to be the one stuck at home reading the posts from the trip...so make sure someone's the designated poster...okay!!!

I'll stay on the thread and live vicariously through you guys! :D

Tiffany

Heather--

You've had such a busy week with this project -

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for handling this!!!

...looking forward to the first-ever CC HAL-loween Group Cruise!!!:D

Yes, thank you very, very much, Heather. You guys are putting a lot of work into this project and we all owe you a great debt of thanks.

Sadly, there is no date that is going to be good for everybody ... and someone is always going to be unhappy. That's just the way things work ... while planning a cruise, while setting up assignments for a work project, while deciding where to go to dinner.

I don't envy you all the work in setting this up, and I respect you for putting up with all the ruffled feathers that are going to invariably result in an endeavor like this. I would like to be the first to buy the two of you a drink once we are onboard.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I, too, will be joining y'all via the internet ... so make sure you have someone to post and someone to upload photos, etc. :)

I sure wish I could join you, but even if I hadn't just gotten off the Zaandam that end-of-October date is impossible for me to make (due to a bug fund raiser we hold that weekend).

Anyway ... have a blast.

Who knows ... perhaps a few would like to join Vic and I in the Pacific? I'll post a thread about that.

(due to a bug fund raiser we hold that weekend).

As a fellow fund-raiser, I'm quite interested in a BUG event ;) (yes, I KNOW you meant "big" but I couldn't resist. I picture lots of auction items involving ants and spiders :p

FOFLMHO ... pretty funny!!! :)

Yes, I intended to type "Big" and somehow, horribly, hit the "u" instead of the "i" right next to it. :D ;)

It's our largest annual fund raiser ... a huge Bar-B-Q and Auction. And, NO, we don't Bar-B-Q or Auction Bugs.

You nuts.

Archived