My Carnival Glory Photo Review- Norfolk to the Bahamas

Host Faith

Yes, per gail811, those are grits. I like them with butter and sugar, Rae likes them with butter, salt, and pepper...and I have another friend who likes them with cheese. :)

Thank you for answering my question.

Thank you for your time and efforts in putting together this review. It is very informative and your pictures are great. My wife and I are going on this same cruise in Oct with some family. I hope we have as much fun as you girls did.

Thank you! Writing the reviews are so much fun to me. You're sure to have fun on your cruise. Happy sailing!

Great review. I usually don't read reviews unless it's on a ship I'm about to sail on. Since I live in Norfolk, I decided to read this one and I'm glad I did. LOL at the gas pumping moment. According to her facial expression, it seems to be the best part of Rae's vacation:D. This was a wonderful review. You all looked as if you had a great time. With Rae being a first time cruiser, what was her thoughts? Is she hooked on cruising?

LOL! Yeah Rae had a hard time with her sunburn. She had a pretty good time. I think she has such an adventurous personality, and she was looking for more activities, etc, than were available. I mean goes at 120 mph from sunup to sundown, lol. So while she liked this cruise, we both agreed that either a port intensive cruise, or sailing a mega-ship like the Allure, would be a better fit for her.

Thank you so much for posting such an awesome review!! We're going on the Glory for the first time in Jan out of Miami and we too will be stopping in Nassau...nice to see actual photos of places to go and what to expect. Your pics are fantastic as well!! Maybe we'll see ya on a cruise one day!! :)

Thank you! Hey, you never know, it's a smal world :D

What a great review and the pictures were super. I really had to burst out laughing about the gas stop. I haven't seen a full service station in I don't know when. I do remember the first time I had to do it myself and it is scary. I still can't get over people using their cells when they talk about it being so dangerous all the time.

Thanks for the fantastic review. I LOVE all the pictures and your narrative is great. My family and I will be on the Glory in January... Your review really makes us wish we only had a few days instead of 6 months before we sail on the Glory. :)

What a great review and the pictures were super. I really had to burst out laughing about the gas stop. I haven't seen a full service station in I don't know when. I do remember the first time I had to do it myself and it is scary. I still can't get over people using their cells when they talk about it being so dangerous all the time.

LOL! I'm glad the pic got a laugh. Figured it would! :D

Thanks for the fantastic review. I LOVE all the pictures and your narrative is great. My family and I will be on the Glory in January... Your review really makes us wish we only had a few days instead of 6 months before we sail on the Glory. :)

Thank you! Have fun on the Glory, I know you will. Waiting till the next cruise is always tough!

This has to be one of my favorite reviews ever that I have seen online :D

Thank you so much!:)

What a fantastic review!!!!!! I really loved it!!!! I will be on the Glory again in October and can't wait. This year will be my 5th time sailing from Norfolk on the 2 day Cruise to Nowhere but after reading your review I will be planning a longer cruise from there. I also love the Fish & Chips bar. You ladies looked like you had a great time. Your mother is adorable, makes me wish my mother was still living so the we could cruise together.

Hope you & your husband enjoy your cruise!!

Wow, great pictures. I can't wait. Thank u for the review

My pleasure, have fun on your cruise!

What a fantastic review!!!!!! I really loved it!!!! I will be on the Glory again in October and can't wait. This year will be my 5th time sailing from Norfolk on the 2 day Cruise to Nowhere but after reading your review I will be planning a longer cruise from there. I also love the Fish & Chips bar. You ladies looked like you had a great time. Your mother is adorable, makes me wish my mother was still living so the we could cruise together.

Hope you & your husband enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise in October, we're looking forward to ours that month too :D

Great Review-

I really enjoyed all the pictures.

Just curious, since you've sailed Royal Caribbean before, how do you compare the two lines? We're booked for an RCL cruise in Nov, but I'm thinking of changing it to one with Carnival because I like the ports better. We've only sailed RCL before. Would love to know your opinion.

Kaye

Faith the three of you are just precious! I'm spending the late morning and now the early afternoon reading all of your reviews. They are fantastic! We are going on the Oasis next spring and now I want to do the southern Caribbean instead. You are a gifted writer and the photos are wonderful. I'll be reading ALL of your reviews. Happy cruising!!!

Great Review-

I really enjoyed all the pictures.

Just curious, since you've sailed Royal Caribbean before, how do you compare the two lines? We're booked for an RCL cruise in Nov, but I'm thinking of changing it to one with Carnival because I like the ports better. We've only sailed RCL before. Would love to know your opinion.

Kaye

Thank you! We had a great time on Carnival. I think it depends what you're looking for. It's kind of hard for me to compare the two lines because I've sailed on RCCL's Adventure of the Seas and the Serenade of the Seas, which I think are a little larger than the Glory.

As far as the buffet food goes, Carnival has the edge. For the Main Dining Room, Specialty Steakhouse, and overall service, RCCL has the lead in my eyes. I like the decor on Royal Ships more, as well as the ship design/layout. I missed the Solarium on RCCL's ships too. The aft pool area on the Glory and the Serenity area were nice, but I missed the decor and the relaxing setting the Solarium offered on the AOS and the SOS, with plants, shrubs, etc. There were two jacuzzis in the Serenity area on the Glory, however I missed having a pool in the quieter, adults-only area.

I really don't like cigarette smoke, so the fact that guests could smoke in so many areas on the Carnival ship was a drawback to me. But then again, we just wanted a quick trip away so it wasn't a major issue. In the end, Royal has the edge in my book.

If I'm sailing on a week-long vacation with just my husband, I think we would stick with Royal. For a quick girlfriends' trip or family reunion-type vacation, Carnival is good. I had a lot of fun on both lines, and I'm happy I now have an idea of what line would be appropriate just for me in certain settings. Not asking anyone to flame me here at all, just stating my personal opinion.

We normally choose our ship by the ports first, so if you like the ports more on the Carnival cruise, I would suggest giving Carnival a try. As long as I'm sailing, I'm overall a happy camper :)

Edited by faith413
spelling

Faith the three of you are just precious! I'm spending the late morning and now the early afternoon reading all of your reviews. They are fantastic! We are going on the Oasis next spring and now I want to do the southern Caribbean instead. You are a gifted writer and the photos are wonderful. I'll be reading ALL of your reviews. Happy cruising!!!

Wow, thank you so much! Lucky you for sailing the Oasis, sounds like an amazing ship! We wanted to sail the Allure this fall but decided we had to get back on the Serenade. We love sailing from San Juan and can't wait to see some new islands in the Southern Caribbean.

Thank you again for the compliments, happy reading and have an awesome cruise on the Oasis! :D