My Carnival Glory Photo Review- Norfolk to the Bahamas

Host Faith

Thanks for the review. I spent the morning reading this review instead of filing sales taxes at work. LOL! :D

I haven't seen full service gas stations since I left my hometown in Hutchinson, KS 1986. At first, I didn't understand what you were saying until I kept reading the thread. WOW! So is the gas priced higher in NJ because of the full service or do you just tip the service person? Is every station full service - like 7-11, Chevron, Exxon, Shell, etc? Do you have Walmart and Costco gas stations? Are they full service as well? I guess you can tell I'm intrigued by full service.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm looking for a new author and reasons to purchase the color nook. I'm trying to talk myself into purchasing one. It would be a simple download right here at my desk instead of me having to write down the author and title. Remember to take it w/ me to the book store. Drive to the book store and remember that I wrote the author and title down on a post it. It's a lime green post it today. Find the book and purchase it. Yep, I think more and more I need to invest in the color nook. Now it's an investment. LOL!! Boy, the things we say to convince ourselves to indulge in our guilty pleasures. LOL!!!

Thanks again for the review.

Thanks for the review. I spent the morning reading this review instead of filing sales taxes at work. LOL! :D

Haha! Glad the review was a welcome distraction :)!

I haven't seen full service gas stations since I left my hometown in Hutchinson, KS 1986. At first, I didn't understand what you were saying until I kept reading the thread. WOW! So is the gas priced higher in NJ because of the full service or do you just tip the service person? Is every station full service - like 7-11, Chevron, Exxon, Shell, etc? Do you have Walmart and Costco gas stations? Are they full service as well? I guess you can tell I'm intrigued by full service.

Yes, everything in NJ is full service. We do have Walmart and Costco stations, and they're full service as well. I think it's the law here. Our gas prices are around $3.69 a gallon right now. We don't tip the attendants, so if our gas costs more, maybe that affects the price? I have no idea.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm looking for a new author and reasons to purchase the color nook. I'm trying to talk myself into purchasing one. It would be a simple download right here at my desk instead of me having to write down the author and title. Remember to take it w/ me to the book store. Drive to the book store and remember that I wrote the author and title down on a post it. It's a lime green post it today. Find the book and purchase it. Yep, I think more and more I need to invest in the color nook. Now it's an investment. LOL!! Boy, the things we say to convince ourselves to indulge in our guilty pleasures. LOL!!!

HA! I'm looking into getting a Kindle for the exact same reason. It's totally an investment, lol.

Thanks again for the review.

My pleasure, thank you for reading! :D

One of the best pic filled reviews I've had the pleasure of reading in a long time:) Glad you ladies had a great time, just got off a ladies cruise this past May myself, six of us had a ball sailing from Charleston on the Fantasy. Thanks for sharing!!!

One of the best pic filled reviews I've had the pleasure of reading in a long time:) Glad you ladies had a great time, just got off a ladies cruise this past May myself, six of us had a ball sailing from Charleston on the Fantasy. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you so much! Ladies' vacations are awesome. I think we're going to head to Barbados for our next ladies' trip. How was Charleston? I want to visit there someday. Have fun on your future cruises! :)

Great review! Thanks!

Sailing Glory again on 10/16 to Bermuda, as a solo.

They've made some changes since I was on her in May 2008. Not a huge fan of the big screen tv, but since I'm going on my own, I may sit out there and watch a movie or two.

I had fish & chips EVERY day for lunch! :D

The only pool I've ever been in is that one on Glory in the spa. I thought I'd read that they had removed it during the renovations. Glad to know it's still there.

And since i'm in a 1A this time, I plan on spending a whole lot of time up on the Serenity Deck. It looks fantastic!

Great review! Thanks!

Sailing Glory again on 10/16 to Bermuda, as a solo.

They've made some changes since I was on her in May 2008. Not a huge fan of the big screen tv, but since I'm going on my own, I may sit out there and watch a movie or two.

I had fish & chips EVERY day for lunch! :D

The only pool I've ever been in is that one on Glory in the spa. I thought I'd read that they had removed it during the renovations. Glad to know it's still there.

And since i'm in a 1A this time, I plan on spending a whole lot of time up on the Serenity Deck. It looks fantastic!

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise! Bermuda is beautiful :)

Hi Faith413,

Loved both of your reviews. I'll be on the Glory to Bermuda with NCTribefan. Do you have a review anywhere about Bermuda?

Care to give us a run down of your trip there and what not to miss. Those of us on the OCT. 16 to Berumda out of Norfolk are still trying to decide what to do there out of the many options.

We would welcome your advice, I'm sure.

Hi Faith413,

Loved both of your reviews. I'll be on the Glory to Bermuda with NCTribefan. Do you have a review anywhere about Bermuda?

Care to give us a run down of your trip there and what not to miss. Those of us on the OCT. 16 to Berumda out of Norfolk are still trying to decide what to do there out of the many options.

We would welcome your advice, I'm sure.

Thank you so much! I actually don't have a review of our time in Bermuda. We did take a boat tour of the wealthy celebrity homes one day, as well as a carriage ride around St. George's. The following day, we took a bus to Horseshoe Bay beach, which is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend heading to the beach. Lots of long stretches with no one else around, beautiful cliffs that stand in contrast to the pink sand beaches.

I would say a personal island tour, with several hours to spend on Horseshoe Bay Beach, would be my ideal time back in Bermuda. I would check out the Bermuda boards to see if there's a taxi driver who can take you around on your own for the day.

• 2 weeks later...
We used Colin Jennings in Bermuda for a private island taxi tour. Found his info on the Bermuda boards. He was great! Well worth the money!

Thanks Lisa! I'll keep his name on file- Bermuda is one of the places we just have to visit again :)

• 5 months later...

Just reminiscing a bit on this cruise, looking through the pictures again. We had a great time, and I'm excited since Rae and I are cruising again in March. We try to do a girls' trip each year and this is it! I can't wait. Anyone have any questions about the Glory? I'm happy to help if I can.

It's English.

I always laugh when I see someone pumping gas for the first time!

You're all so lovely!

Thank you so much! It was funny because we were just in NY a few weeks ago and were all excited because we knew how to pump gas on our own. Haha!

I had read this on the reviews on here for the Valor, which I believe is a sister ship of the Glory, and in the same class, hence those ships all have the Seafood Nook in the buffet area, but I didn't see the same typed for the Glory, so being the fried oyster fein that I am... I can only hope...

"But the real diamond in the rough for lunch at Rosie's was the upstairs fish and chips restaurant. Try this one early in the week, since most passengers fail to discover it for at least half the cruise, meaning no lines and no waiting. "Fish and chips" is a misnomer. They do serve fish and chips, the fish deliciously battered and fried (and French fries the freshest, most cooked-to-order found anywhere on the ship). But that's only one choice. They also have a very nice Bouillabaisse, seared rare tuna served atop a fresh square of watermelon, fried oyster sandwiches and a bunch of other seafood delicacies.

Host Faith

Can you do me a big favour ? can you look at the pictures in my post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1544788

and if you remember can you let me know if this adapter will work.

Please and thank you.

Hi hockeyluver! The memory of the outlet is kind of fuzzy to me actually:o

I think one of us used a hair dryer that required a 3-prong outlet. This thread from a long time ago says the same: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5708758. I believe the adapter will work. :)

What a great review!!

Got me all excited for my cruise...even though it's not on the Glory!!

Thank you! Haha! Me too! :D

I had read this on the reviews on here for the Valor, which I believe is a sister ship of the Glory, and in the same class, hence those ships all have the Seafood Nook in the buffet area, but I didn't see the same typed for the Glory, so being the fried oyster fein that I am... I can only hope...

"But the real diamond in the rough for lunch at Rosie's was the upstairs fish and chips restaurant. Try this one early in the week, since most passengers fail to discover it for at least half the cruise, meaning no lines and no waiting. "Fish and chips" is a misnomer. They do serve fish and chips, the fish deliciously battered and fried (and French fries the freshest, most cooked-to-order found anywhere on the ship). But that's only one choice. They also have a very nice Bouillabaisse, seared rare tuna served atop a fresh square of watermelon, fried oyster sandwiches and a bunch of other seafood delicacies.

I love that Bouillabaisse and hope they do have the oyster sandwiches! Happy sailing, enjoy your time on the Glory :)

Hi hockeyluver! The memory of the outlet is kind of fuzzy to me actually:o

I think one of us used a hair dryer that required a 3-prong outlet. This thread from a long time ago says the same: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5708758. I believe the adapter will work. :)

Thanks if the outlet is the same on the Glory it will work, I was just worried about which way the plugs were.

I really enjoyed your review, and hearing about your experiences cruising out of Norfolk. We are cruising the Glory out of Norfolk this October!

Thank you and welcome to Cruise Critic! How exciting, you're cruising for the first time! You're sure to enjoy your cruise :D

Edited by Host Faith