Do you get a little sad when your vacation is finally here?

kaf7878

I do!

After a year of anticipation and planning, we sail in one week:). But I always find myself getting a little sad the closer it gets. I guess it's the realization that after an amazing week on board, It will all be over:(

Then I'll have a whole year before it can happen again.

That being said, I can't wait till next Sunday...

Nope... I get WIRED! Then, when I'm on board I'm the happiest person in the world.

When the voyage ends, as it muct, it's time to start planning details for the next one. It never gets old... never is boring or sad...

:)

First - I hope you have a GREAT time!!

I am jealous - wish I could be sailing too :D:p

I remember thinking when our's was about a week away...now what will I do with all that time I was researching?

Our answer - we booked another cruise in about a week after coming home

I am a poster child for OCVPD (Obsessive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder) so the prospect of losing out on the planning aspect of a trip does make me sad! I enjoy the preparation for the trip almost as much as the trip itself - doing all the research, preparing, planning, etc.

I keep the let-down at bay by making sure we always have another trip at least in the mulling-over stage. It may not be a cruise, but as long as I have something to plan, I'm happy.

Have a wonderful trip!

I just get more excited as the vacation gets closer! We cruise in less than 2 weeks and I can't wait! I do get sad on the last day of the cruise and after it is all over.... but then it is just time to start planning the next vacation!

Have a great cruise!

The last day of a cruise for me can be a little sad and depressing...back to work, cooking, and actually doing laundry! We returned last Saturday from a weeklong cruise and this past week at work was a killer. Kept looking at the clock, guess I thought that I needed to be on the Lido Deck sipping a DOD instead.

Anyhow I have a cruise booked for December and am looking at another one for next spring. Love the planning!

Hope everyone has a great cruise, whenever the next one is!

szq

When I am a few weeks out, I tend to start thinking about how quickly it will soon be over. I have to make a real effort not to let that get to me so that I can focus on the good times ahead!

I am a little like this too with the good things in life..think it depends on the hard things folks are or have dealt with..it's a good question OP and this is a good answer..you are not alone..this is what i have to do too...Sarah

I just experienced this. I got home Thursday and was back to work Friday (only 1 day though). We also have 3 more cruises in the next 15 months so it makes it easier. I will probably be very sad when the last one is over, unless we schedule another one after that ;).

I haven't before. But I think that I might this time. But not so much about the cruise..but because of the day before we leave. Which will be "the happiest day of my life". I am getting married October 1 and cruising on October 2. No procrastinating with the packing this time..LOL.

Yes! I'm super excited to be cruising in just a couple days, but at the same time I'm sad that it'll be over soon. How ironic :)

I do what other people do, though. I have to have a "next" trip lined up, even if it's just a weekend getaway somewhere (not necessarily cruising). Then I have something else to look forward to.

I once planned a Disney vaction to the T worked in out over and over in my head. When we finally got there, it was like doing it all over again, and the whole vacation, the DH loved, but I felt like done that been there. I do plan the cruises, I study the menues, I read up on cruise critic, but the actual cruise is always a suarprise, because I am not in control of anything.:o:):D

I do get sad when the planning, shopping, and packing process is over. But I get totally anxious as my cruise approaches in just a matter of days (like now!). But as others say, the best way to overcome that feeling is to book another cruise, which is exactly what I'll be doing after my upcoming cruise! :D

I do!

After a year of anticipation and planning, we sail in one week:). But I always find myself getting a little sad the closer it gets. I guess it's the realization that after an amazing week on board, It will all be over:(

Yay, I'm not the only one. lol. Although I feel crazy for getting just a twinge of sadness before a vacation, I can't help it. The anticipation of what is yet to come is so delightful for me, it's almost as good as the vacation itself. ;)

Not so much leading up to the cruise, but I used to get so depressed after getting off a ship that it helped me to quit counting days. I know we are cruising October 16, have no idea how many days that is. For me, it doesn't seem to help to have another one planned because after 30 something cruises, the planning is no more difficult than, "Do we want to stay on the ship for this one, or get out and do [whatever]." I do love cruising, haven't found a vacation as relaxing, but speaking only for me, found that not being obsessive about it nor counting days, seems to really help with the inevitable let down that follows every cruise. I never have this let down when coming back from a busy vacation, such as when we visit Europe and are traveling a lot by train to various cities. I think it's the being so relaxed for me that causes the "back to reality" slap in the face post cruise. I guess if we were people who cruised to be busy all 7 days, it might not be as bad. I like the most complicated decision I have on ship to be whether to go play trivia or spend another hour sipping DODs and soaking up the sun :D

I do!

um, never. seems like you're a glass half empty person.

Yes, lol. But I've come to consider it just as part of the "process" and in knowing I'll be going again it seems to help. ;) I try to give myself long term and short term things to look foward to every so often. That also helps a bit.

I do the same thing with the short term fun things ahead to help bridge the gap until the cruise. For instance, the last four years, with my wife's family, we've gone down to the outer banks in N.C. and rent a beachhouse on the water for the week of Thanksgiving. We have a great time each year. Right now that's the next fun thing I'm counting down for and after that I'll know that we'll be 8 months out from our cruise next July. That may seem like it's still a lot of time but it's better than the 13 months we are out from the cruise right now! :eek: This year it's particularly painful right now because the last 2 years we've cruised the week of the 4th of July but this year we couldn't afford to do it. :( Oh well, at least we have next year's cruise to look forward to. :)

OMG! I thought I was the only one....

The planning, reading reviews and dreaming will come to an end and that's sad, because this part is SO much fun!

But like others have said, start thinking about the next vacation --> that helps!!!

Have a great cruise!

I do!

Archived