Laundry (toddler)?

We are travelling on the Oasis with a 17 month old. You know what kids are like, you can NEVER pack enough clothes for them.... He is actually fairly good (unless you let him near mud or give him peanut butter on toast...), but I KNOW that we will need to get some washing done for him.

Presumably one option is the "bag of laundry". Is that available every day of the cruise or only towards the end? However, I do quite like his t-shirts/polo shirts pressed too. I notice/remember that the the RCCL laundry form only has options for "men's..." and "women's...": what do you select for a toddler? Seem's a bit funny selecting "men's polo shirt" for his tiny little polo shirt, but I guess that is the only option...

Thanks

Boo

Hi Boo,

I don't have a definitive answer for you but wanted to mention this. The bag of laundry is specific - they allow items from a list only and anything else is laundered and charged at regular rates. Some here have reported they were not charged for "extra" items, but the policy is to charge you. The bag o stuff includes PJ's, t-shirts, socks, bathing suits, undies, and shorts. Other stuff like regular shirts, jeans, skirts, etc. will be charged to you. Just wanted to mention. :)

We are travelling on the Oasis with a 17 month old. You know what kids are like, you can NEVER pack enough clothes for them.... He is actually fairly good (unless you let him near mud or give him peanut butter on toast...), but I KNOW that we will need to get some washing done for him.

Presumably one option is the "bag of laundry". Is that available every day of the cruise or only towards the end? However, I do quite like his t-shirts/polo shirts pressed too. I notice/remember that the the RCCL laundry form only has options for "men's..." and "women's...": what do you select for a toddler? Seem's a bit funny selecting "men's polo shirt" for his tiny little polo shirt, but I guess that is the only option...

Thanks

Boo

I have never seen "kids" prices on there, but if you can wait till just past mid week, they often have a special for a whole bag for $25, so it doesn't matter the actual size of the clothing inside. Of course that price is wash and fold, he'll have to go wrinkley, or pay extra;)

Thanks very much.

Sounds like we will have to go for "men's" (for t-shirts/polos/shorts etc) and see what happens - don't want him wrinkly ;). Will probably send his vests, along with our socks etc in the $25 bag...

Boo

I read your title and thought......................

"What a great idea! Just send your toddler out to the laundry!" ;) :D

The same thought crossed my mind. No more need to worry about a bathtub for the tot.;) I haven't seen toddler on the laundry price list. maybe if you have to ask, you can't afford it.:eek:

I read your title and thought......................

"What a great idea! Just send your toddler out to the laundry!" ;) :D

Warning: PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME!! Not just because it might harm the toddler, but it might harm the washing machine.;) My cousins used to get in the washing machine and spin it around manually like a merry go round. :eek: My aunt wondered why the washing machine broke more often than it should.:p They finally fessed up about it when they were adults.

Thank you, problem solved.... Will dress toddler in all of his clothes, stuff him in the $25 bag and just accept that things may come back with a few wrinkles.... ;)

Thank you for all your suggestions - should be able to work something out :)

Thank you, problem solved.... Will dress toddler in all of his clothes, stuff him in the $25 bag and just accept that things may come back with a few wrinkles.... ;)

Thank you for all your suggestions - should be able to work something out :)

Thank goodness I am sitting at home reading this. I just about spit my lunch out I laughed so hard. Love it.....

But one of the the other posters was on to something with Downy Wrinkle Release. I found it in travel size for my last cruise and it worked great.

We were charged half the ladies price for our sons bits by prior arrangement with our cabin attendant. They badly need to update the laundry lists, it consists of garments most people haven't worn since about 1949! No options to wash womens t shirt or vest top but you can have your slip or blouse cleaned. For RC to say family friendly then miss out something like kids clothes and booster seats that fitted the dining room chairs seemed odd.

All in all tho we had a fab trip and our son loved it. Def cruise with him again on RC.

I'm pretty sure I just picked the cheapest but closest clothing option for DS' clothes (i.e. cheap type of shirt for his little shirt) and noted "baby" on it. I also added "blanket" across the bottom to get one of his little ones washed. Don't remember how much that specific piece was, but an outfit for both of us + the blanket was $7 which I was happy to pay to have clean clothes to wear home!

HTH!

Archived