Booking future cruise while onboard

Johnny Thunder

I would like to know if anyone has booked a future cruise lately while currently on a cruise..........what is the deposit required and do you get any perks such as onboard credit if you are a frequent cruiser with Celebrity?

Thanks for any information out there.

I would like to know if anyone has booked a future cruise lately while currently on a cruise..........what is the deposit required and do you get any perks such as onboard credit if you are a frequent cruiser with Celebrity?

Thanks for any information out there.

Yes, I frequently book while on board and then transfer to an agent for extra perks. The deposit is $100.00 per person. You usually receive up to a 3 category upgrade and a credit based on the length of your cruise. The amount of credit varies from $50 to $300. You need not be a frequent cruiser to receive these benefits.

We did this while onboard the Solstice in November. You will be given a Booking Transfer Form and can transfer the booking to your preferred travel agent and still take advantage of all that is offered by booking on board.

We booked a cruise while on the Century in December, and a B2B while on the Infinity last month. Our booking was immediately sent to our TA without our having to fill out any forms. On our booking page from Celebrity, the name of our TA was already there. We notified the TA upon our return home, and he already had the information.

Mary

We booked on board for our 2 upcoming cruises. Our deposit was $100 pp, per cruise, we got a 2 category upgrade per cruise (within the category.... paid for C3 and got a C1). I received an OBC from Celebrity of I believe $150 for each cabin. I then had 60 days to transfer to a TA where I received an additional $150 OBC/cruise plus dinner in a specialty restaurant for 2 each booking.

I sooooo want to book the Eclipse 14 day Caribbean in early December 2012, but will wait until I'm onboard to do so in case the same offer is in place.

I was on Century last month and I booked Infinity for next May. My

deposit was only 100.00, I received 100.00 obc and got a 2 category

upgrade as well.

Yes, in March we were on Equinox and booked an Iceland/Norway/Faroe Islands cruise 17 months out. Only had to pay $100 deposit each and got $500 OBC.

Last week booked a TA this coming fall (Oct/Nov 2011) and paid $900 deposit and no OBC so yes it pays to book while on a cruise.

Yes, in March we were on Equinox and booked an Iceland/Norway/Faroe Islands cruise 17 months out. Only had to pay $100 deposit each and got $500 OBC.

Last week booked a TA this coming fall (Oct/Nov 2011) and paid $900 deposit and no OBC so yes it pays to book while on a cruise.

A $500 OBC from X? I thought their offerings capped out at $300 depending on length of cruise.

How were you able to get a $ 500.00 on board credit? Was it because you did a b/b, one trip being 14 days or more ( $300.00)than the other trip 10 days or more ($200.00) credit ?

luvstosail

We were just on the Century and booked onboard for a cruise in 2012. We received a $300 onboard credit for a two week cruise, and were told we would pay for a category C3 and receive a C1 stateroom. This is for a cruise in Asia on the Millennium. The deposit was $100 per person rather than the usual $900. We asked for a CC midship stateroom on a floor not directly below the Lido deck, which is our usual preference.

We did receive a statement before disembarkation, which gave us a stateroom assignment and a "gross" total for the cruise. Our travel agent was noted on the receipt.

On arriving home, I noticed that we had been assigned a C3 stateroom (midship) and my travel agent told us that we had been charged for a C2 category. He did straighten this up with Celebrity. We now have been charged for a C3 Category, and have a nice midship C2 stateroom. We could have received the C1, but apparently they are predominantly aft, which is not our thing after experiencing an aft stateroom in heavy seas. So, we declined the C1 and are happy with our stateroom directly midship on the Panorama Deck. In all honesty, I doubt there is much difference between a midship C3 and a midship C2 (other than price) but it was the kind of bait and switch way this was handled by the onboard booking desk that made this kind of odd.

This was our first time to book onboard, and I think if we do it again, I will pay better attention to the details before we disembark.

Yes, I frequently book while on board and then transfer to an agent for extra perks. The deposit is $100.00 per person. You usually receive up to a 3 category upgrade and a credit based on the length of your cruise. The amount of credit varies from $50 to $300. You need not be a frequent cruiser to receive these benefits.

Yes, this is what we received when we booked on The Equinox last March for The Constellation this coming January. Deposit was $100 pp, upgraded and picked out our own cabin, $300 OBC. :)

We did this last Feb. On the Summit. All the details as previously noted, $100 deposit pp,$100 OBC, but by far the most valuable for us, a cc1 aft balcony for the cc3 price. That represented hundreds in savings pp. Plus a $200 OBC from the travel agency. Hey, we were even able to use FF miles to and from puerto Rico. If you go knowing what you want in your next cruise it seems to be the way to go.

If you read the daily's, they should have a one day booking special, all cruises booked that day will receive an additional $100.00 OBC.:D

They didn't have this on Equinox in December- and I read the daily cover to cover! That is an awesome incentive though and I would definitely take advantage of it.

Do you have to be able to get an appointment or can you leave a request in the drop box and still get the perk I wonder.

If you read the daily's, they should have a one day booking special, all cruises booked that day will receive an additional $100.00 OBC.:D

Additional? As in if you are eligble for 100 bucks, you actually get

200 bucks? I have never ever seen that on any of my sailings:eek:

SusieV and Lois, we were on the Mercury last Nov to Dec, they had a booking special on the last sea day before our first port of call, I think it was day 3 , We booked a 12 night cruise and got $300.00 OBC from Celebrity. If we had booked the day before or another day, the OBC would have been $200. It was advertised in the daily, we went down to the lobby area were the travel place was, signed in and waited a good hour. Stewart even mentioned it the night before after the show.:D

SusieV and Lois, we were on the Mercury last Nov to Dec, they had a booking special on the last sea day before our first port of call, I think it was day 3 , We booked a 12 night cruise and got $300.00 OBC from Celebrity. If we had booked the day before or another day, the OBC would have been $200. It was advertised in the daily, we went down to the lobby area were the travel place was, signed in and waited a good hour. Stewart even mentioned it the night before after the show.:D

Oh, I believe you:)....I usually book something while I am on a cruise

and just have never seen that option.

Oh, I believe you:)....I usually book something while I am on a cruise

and just have never seen that option.

Lois, you are a serious cruiser, along with many of us posting on these boards. Next cruise, visit the travel dept early in the cruise, and ask them about any upcomming specials, even corner the C/D!!!!!!!:D Politely, of course!!!!!!!!!!!

On our Millenium cruises in January and April one day each cruise the special was book a future cruise and dinner for two in Olympic was complimentary on your current cruise ( a $70 value ) in addition to the reduced $100 deposit and OBC for the future cruise.

How long are the Future Cruise Credits good for or do you have to actually book a specific cruise while on board? We've purchased FCC's with HAL before and the deal was that you have to book within 4 years of buying the FCC.

Hi, A "Celebrity Passage" is the one you buy if you don't know exactly

what specific cruise you want;) but you do know you WILL cruise

again:D. I think they are good indefinitely. I am sure someone will

correct me though. I ususally buy 1 or 2 each cruise.

Archived