"Angry Bird on Vacation!" Carnival Liberty Review 5/28/2011

StingRaysfan

Did you happen to order the Master Mixology winner's drink "Sour Patch Kid?" I was the Master Mixologist that week. :o

We watched the competition from across the Lido deck!!!! I did NOT get that drink... and I'm sooo sad I didn't because I thought about it several times.. so you're Natalie???

What was up with the Funtimes listing the other drink a couple times????

like the review...have almost written the itinerary off for our next cruise, but so far, i'm liking what i see :) I think the angry bird adds interest in the photos.....kind of like a where's waldo....(just don't tell him that i called him waldo, i would not want him angry with me.....i heard they hold grudges!):o

CREEPY JESTERS!!!! The only thing on the ship that creeped me out

DSC02157.jpg

This harliquin kind of reminds me of the clown doll from the movie "Poltergeist"..... creepy indeed. Great review. Angry Bird is cool. I always say I'm going to bring a stuffed animal for campy photo shots, but haven't done it yet. I'm too lazy while on vacation. Lol.

So the day after... Thursday... was Grand Turk. We were at Grand Turk for only like 6 hours, but it was my favorite port because the diving was AMAZING! :)

Angry Bird came along of course!!!

PICT0317.jpg

There was all kinds of stuff to do in the port area, seeing as there were shops, a Margaritaville and a flowrider. We didn't get to do any of that stuff... but we know for a fact that many people did... as evidenced by the (for lack of a better word) drunks getting back on the ship. It certainly looked like they had a great time!

We did the Carnival excursion dive here... and I want to go back!!!!! Carnival uses Oasis Divers... the guys were great, informative and fun. We could literally see the ship from the dive sites but the diving was the best I've done. The Bird got in on it this time... he was totally whigged out when a school of Barracudas swam by eyeballing him...

PICT0320.jpg

These guys were great!!! SO much fun... we HAD to get our Grand Turk, Oasis Divers T-shirt afterwards...

PICT0425.jpg

I'm gonna add a few pics from our dive. It was overcast so they are a little dark.. and I don't have a light on our Sealife camera.. yet!

Larry! Coming out to the wall that drops 7000 feet!!!!

PICT0339.jpg

PICT0349.jpg

PICT0350.jpg

There is a huge lobster in this pic...

PICT0424.jpg

We saw so much more then this, but didn't get great pics. Sea Turtles, a shark, rays, puffer fish... all manner of tropical fish... it was great!

You really carry that thing around everywhere you go? :confused:

You should try it sometime.... something about seeing someone so angry all the time helps me desire to not be that way, get the stick out of my butt and enjoy life a little more...

Good Morning- time for the first sea day this morning... this one will include pics of the ship (and the birds jaunt around the ship). BUT FIRST... I have some issues to address before I continue....

Firefly- HAHAHA Glad you're playing!!! It seems all easy sometimes.. but the trick is to get three stars! My husband is SOOOO much better then I am.. He gets three stars left and right... i stink...

Spyder- I got the the bird at a music store in our mall where I live called FYE. They have all the angry birds there in varying sizes and colors! :) I would try googling it and I'm sure your co-worker could find some!!!! LOVE the idea of the burrito pic on the background...

Don- sorry you don't like the review. I am doing my best and I've never written one before. Unfortunately there do seem to be at least 4 different kinds of people that do like this review... A) The people who are generally happy in life B) People who don't come home every night at 1 am drunk and nasty C) people who are smart enough to know that there is a real stuffed angry bird in these pics and it is not photoshopped and D) people who have other things to do then troll around and try to get a reaction. Unfortunately those are a lot of people... so I'm going to continue with my review and recommend that if anyone doesn't fit the afore mentioned criteria they discontinue their reading and continue with their miserable existences....

Thank you.. and now back to the review....

You... Go.... Girl !!! :)

They make it very easy now... you can do all the academics online and then do your pool/open water work near your home or on vacation. We did ours in 51F Monterey, CA water and it was a lot of fun!

You should try it sometime.... something about seeing someone so angry all the time helps me desire to not be that way, get the stick out of my butt and enjoy life a little more...

LMAO...hilarious. :D I'm enjoying your review BTW. :)

So, Grand Turk night we got back late from our excursion and realized we are going to have to RUN around to get our gear cleaned, showered and done up for formal night, so we instead made last minute reservations at the Steakhouse. On the Valor I didn't see the big deal with the steakhouse, but I have to say.... that was a best meal Ive had in a long time! I got Surf N Turf with escargots and Lobster Bisque.. it was soooooo good! DH got the Porterhouse... The chocolate sampler thing was so amazingly awesomeness... I can still taste it.

If you are in the mood for a good meal.. go to the Steakhouse, and please go on an empty stomach!

Now for a mish mash of angry bird pics with review topics near them!!! GET READY!!!!

Since we are on the topic of food.. I thought I'd say again that the MDR was pretty decent. I will say this.. I was SHOCKED at the number of people who show up as much as 45 minutes late. It was kind of sad really. Our dining room was pretty dead... and many people didn't show much very much, which I'm not used too.

Though he didn't dress up.. Angry Bird did accompany us to a dinner...

PICT0459.jpg

Our server... Sanja (FROU!)... Angry bird said taking this picture hurt she squeezed him so hard!

PICT0456.jpg

I LOVED it when he offered me SOURROUGH! FA RA RA RA RA....

PICT0460.jpg

This young lady was a drink server who showed up at every single event and ALWAYS offered us drinks... We never did find out her name.. but we called her "Meg Ryan Mouth" so we had to get a picture!

PICT0452.jpg

Now is the time to say.. PACK EARLY AND HIT UP THE FAREWELL PARTY!!!!

Don't miss it...

PICT0453.jpg

We watched the competition from across the Lido deck!!!! I did NOT get that drink... and I'm sooo sad I didn't because I thought about it several times.. so you're Natalie???

What was up with the Funtimes listing the other drink a couple times????

Yes I am NATALIE! That was me -- star of your TV for the week. I don't know why they put last week's winner in two days -- "Jennifer's Quad J???" I kept the last day's FunTimes because it had the right winner in it. Here's the recipe:

Pina Colada mix

1 shot vodka

1/2 shot triple sec

small amt. of sour mix.

Blend.

Pour 1/2-1 shot Midori Melon Liquor in a hurricane glass. Pour in blender mixture. Garnish with a lime + cherry.

I made it up on the fly. It was initially going to be shaken, but I heard that frozen drinks usually won, so I decided to go with a frozen drink. We were sick of them by the end of the week, because you could go to any bar with a blender and order the "Mixology Special." I could kind of go for one now though, LOL.

Angry Bird made the rounds on the ship the last day and got his pic taken with so many Carnival Liberty celebrities.. for instance... Angry Birds yin to his yang.. his polar opposite... Funship Freddy!

PICT0439.jpg

The canadian!

PICT0442.jpg

THIS GUY!

PICT0446.jpg

His towel animal buddies!

PICT0441.jpg

And last but certainly not least... Cruise Director Jen Baxter (and ACD Kevin in the background). I was sooooo nervous about Jen as a CD after reading this board, but she was great. I didn't mind her voice ONE BIT... if anything it was just another thing to embrace about the cruise! Everytime the speaker chimed with that "standby for an annoucement noise" DH and I turned to each other in high pitch British voices and said... "GOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOORRRRNNNING!" She made the cruise interesting and I would not hesitate to cruise with her again!!!

PICT0450.jpg

GREAT review!! Very funny!!!

Are you guys certified divers? I want to become certified...I looooove diving! I've only gone 3x but fell in love after the 1st time!!

Go get certified!!! unless you were doing a discover scuba kinda thing I probably wouldn't make a habit out of diving without at least a little time with an instructor. So many things can go wrong and having the basics down is very important... Plus it is so much easier to dive once you have some instruction and help with buoyancy control and breathing!

We have so much fun with it... I would recommend it to anyone. The only downside is that it is an EXPENSIVE hobby. The equipment is ridiculous.... but you can get the basics and go slow with the rest.

A couple last posts...

The last morning of the cruise we did the Behind the Fun Tour. I can't seem to get our pic with the Captain to upload to Photobucket... grrr....

The tour was really cool and it was worth it to see the bowels of the ship and hear more about how the crew works and lives together. I would recommend this tour to anyone... it would only be better if they let us take pictures. Or if they gave us a million dollars in gold at the end.

Some more pics of the cool people the bird met... This is Sammy... he ran most of our trivia and on board games so we got to know him pretty fast!

DSC02075-1.jpg

This is a dancer on the ship... so... I don't mean this to sound mean but we saw her ALL THE TIME, and didn't know her name.. so we called her Skeletor..That mostly became her name because we think she is the long lost daughter of Floridas Governor Rick Scott... SOOOO ANGRY BIRD had to get a picture!!!

PICT0435.jpg

This is a family that was on the ship... we saw these hanging on doors on at least two floors.. so the bird wanted to REPRESENT for the Davis's...

DSC02175-1.jpg

We GROOVED for St. Jude.. which is a WORTHY charity! The angry bird has NO idea what he's gonna do with a t-shirt and bracelet... he was sooo angry!!

PICT0447.jpg

Yes I am NATALIE! That was me -- star of your TV for the week. I don't know why they put last week's winner in two days -- "Jennifer's Quad J???" I kept the last day's FunTimes because it had the right winner in it. Here's the recipe:

Pina Colada mix

1 shot vodka

1/2 shot triple sec

small amt. of sour mix.

Blend.

Pour 1/2-1 shot Midori Melon Liquor in a hurricane glass. Pour in blender mixture. Garnish with a lime + cherry.

I made it up on the fly. It was initially going to be shaken, but I heard that frozen drinks usually won, so I decided to go with a frozen drink. We were sick of them by the end of the week, because you could go to any bar with a blender and order the "Mixology Special." I could kind of go for one now though, LOL.

SWEET! THANKS FOR THAT! Maybe I'll whip it up here for a try! You know.. I'm not really surprised with the Jennifer J Quad thing.... they actually weren't paying attention to the funtimes when they did them because they messed up trivia times by listing the wrong place and saying that place was on the wrong deck... and it was even the wrong game. We knew who you were though without seeing it in the Funtimes!!! Now I'm really upset I didn't get a Sour Patch Kid!

What a great trip report! I love reports like this with lots of pics! You and Angry Bird did a great job...but I must say I am disappointed that Angry bird had not cracked even one smile by the end of the cruise! I guess some birds just can't be happy. :)

The Angry bird was a big gambling fan.. I had to put the breaks on him before he lost his shirt (or lack thereof)...

LOSING AT BINGO!

PICT0438.jpg

LOSING AT SLOTS!

PICT0305.jpg

POOPING IN THE TRAY BECAUSE HE WAS LOSING! (This was nearly a security issue)

PICT0307.jpg

PICT0308.jpg

PICT0309.jpg

Archived