Lose $800 ?? PLEASE say it isn't so?

KNowme1st

Please help me. I need real answers.

Quick facts are:.

Booked Early saver for 2012.

4 People. 2 adults Sr's, past guests- 2 children.

Bought Carnivals insurance.

Can't go now. ;-(

Is it true I will lose The $800?? I can not afford to lose that kind of money.

IS there any other way to do this?

Do they hold it as a credit?

Can I just re book?

What ARE my options?

Answers??

Hosts??????

Not sure what you booked, a very long europe cruise?? Something that has $400 pp deposits?

Since you are before final payment, you can cancel, but it will cost you $50 pp fee, plus they hold the rest as a future credit of your deposits.

If you paid their deposit, you can sign a form and fax it in and the rest of the future credit for your kids can be held in your name.

It gets tricky since you just want to cancel 2 out of 4.

I have been advising folks to book ES on just the first two pax, as the rates for 3/4/5 pax do not move much .. so I booked pax #3 at a past guest rate. .. yes. I booked two different rates on the same booking.

That way if pax 3/4/5 want to cancel, its totally refundable with little downside, the prices are similar for additional pax.

Too bad I cant give you my PVPs name, as I am sure she could look at it and sort out your options. I know I went thru a lot of options deciding what to do.

You can change the date for a $50.00pp penalty as long as its before the final payment date. From Carnival FAQ:

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

Can't go now. ;-(

Can I just re book?

What ARE my options?

Answers??

Hosts??????

Does the insurance cover the reason for your cancellation?

I have been advising folks to book ES on just the first two pax, as the rates for 3/4/5 pax do not move much .. so I booked pax #3 at a past guest rate. .. yes. I booked two different rates on the same booking.

That way if pax 3/4/5 want to cancel, its totally refundable with little downside, the prices are similar for additional pax.

Interesting idea! Thank you:)

You booked four people. You lose $50 pp and the remainder of your deposit goes toward a future cruise. You lose $200. Yes you can rebook using the remainder of the deposit towards another cruise. As previously posted, does Carnival's insurance cover your reason for cancellation? Good luck.

Not sure what you booked, a very long europe cruise?? Something that has $400 pp deposits?

Since you are before final payment, you can cancel, but it will cost you $50 pp fee, plus they hold the rest as a future credit of your deposits.

If you paid their deposit, you can sign a form and fax it in and the rest of the future credit for your kids can be held in your name.

Too bad I cant give you my PVPs name, as I am sure she could look at it and sort out your options. I know I went thru a lot of options deciding what to do.

Where in the post does it say all this.

I read 2 adults and 2 children at $200 each = $800.

And I don't see anything saying she only wants to cancel 2 people.

Might want to get those glasses checked Fire. :D Your prescription needs to be updated.

OP says 4 people booked

Where in the post does it say all this.

I read 2 adults and 2 children at $200 each = $800.

And I don't see anything saying she only wants to cancel 2 people.

It's not clear, but assume all 4 aren't going. That leaves $600 for OBC (for 4) with the cost of $50 each to cancel.

Also, OP said it was for 2012, so 6 months leeway.

Because its the lowest price and they don't think anything will happen that they would not go. They may read the conditions but at the time it don't matter, only after something happens then the end of the world hits. How many times have we seen this on CC.

Can't go now. ;-(

Can I just re book?

What ARE my options?

Answers??

Hosts??????

If the reason for cancellation is that at least one of the seniors is a smoker, and objects to the new smoking policy, then you can cancel before June 30th.

Might want to get those glasses checked Fire. :D Your prescription needs to be updated.

OP says 4 people booked

Yes, OP said 4 booked, 2 adults and 2 kids.

I guess what the OP is saying is all 4 want to cancel.

Then yes, all 4 lose $50 pp and the rest is held as a future cruise credit.

I agree when I first read it, before the OP edited it, I thought only 2 of the 4 wanted to cancel.. my bad. Im sure I must have read it wrong.

Archived