possible room bumps?

so son and i are on our first cruise on Nov 7 on the Triumph - it's a room with two twin beds so to me it's set for 2 ppl. BUT after reading some more here I am worried that we could be bumped out of our room if there is a party of 3 that needs a room.... could this happen and how do i find out of our room has ONLY two twin beds...and no upper bunks at all

On the deck plan it will tell you if it has triple or Quad otherwise it is for 2 people

If you have a cabin number you will not be bumped as posted above you may get an upgrade or upsell but unlikely

You should not post your cabin number online

Just curious

Why would you think you would be bumped??

Why not? People do it all the time on Roll Calls. I have done it many times.

Good for you

For security reasons

You know... I'm a paranoid person but don't get the secrecy in your room number.

a) you have to be on the ship to have access to their room

b) he didn't post any personal information about who he was

What is someone really going to do with this information? They don't have his reservation number or any of his private information.

You know... I'm a paranoid person but don't get the secrecy in your room number.

a) you have to be on the ship to have access to their room

b) he didn't post any personal information about who he was

No problem if you are not one of the 2700+ other people on the ship

Sorry but bad guys cruise too ;)

Check out the guidelines for other tips

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

No problem if you are not one of the 2700+ other people on the ship

Sorry but bad guys cruise too ;)

Check out the guidelines for other tips

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

So... the odds of someone on that specific cruise, targeting someones room for ummmm, what reason? Seriously. Giving someone my last name is far more dangerous than my hotel room number on a ship that is locked down. If someone is a "bad" person on a crusie they're going to target the person that looks like they have expensive bags or luggage, not somene that said "my son and I will be in room xxx". With that being said you should not advertise if you're brining a lot of cash with you, where your hiding spots are, ect. The most likely person to target you would be the staff and they're only going to go after your room if there's a known object/reason to do so.

The guidelines don't prohibit a poster from giving their stateroom number. They suggest you think carefully before giving out that information. How is this different from giving someone on board this information?

Several years ago a Cruise Critic lurker knocked on the cabin door of one of our sailing buddies to express his displeasure at something she had posted. It caught her, and all of us, by surprise. From that time we have urged everyone not to post their cabin numbers.

True story folks....

The guidelines don't prohibit a poster from giving their stateroom number. They suggest you think carefully before giving out that information. How is this different from giving someone on board this information?

Hopefully you have met the person you are giving the info to when onboard

It is a personal choice whether you give it out online or not

Many people give out too much info on the forums but what ever floats your boat ;)

i see both sides and apparently did not actually think it through. i was just so excited to finally get to take a cruise and have a real vacation after 10 yrs of on and off again chemo treatments - guewss that i thought we were all friends here.... but note taken and will not reveal any type of personal info going forward.

there is always a bad egg in every bunch - i just choose to see the good in people and give people as a whole the benefit of the doubt.

live is too short to whine and complain about little things - enjoy and live life to the fullest and most importantly treat others how you wish to be treated - with respect.

i see both sides and apparently did not actually think it through. i was just so excited to finally get to take a cruise and have a real vacation after 10 yrs of on and off again chemo treatments - guewss that i thought we were all friends here.... but note taken and will not reveal any type of personal info going forward.

there is always a bad egg in every bunch - i just choose to see the good in people and give people as a whole the benefit of the doubt.

live is too short to whine and complain about little things - enjoy and live life to the fullest and most importantly treat others how you wish to be treated - with respect.

i want too say hello and welcome too the life of cruising. i have often given out my cabin number in post for information on it or questions about the location and have never had a problem. there are thousands of passengers on the ship and it is hard for me too beleive that i would be singled out for any kind of problem with someone from here knowing my cabin number. let alone for any kind of mischief with the information. but it is good advice too not give out too much personal info like your address or something like that.

is is so excitineg too plan your first cruise. i planned and dreamed of mine for a yr before i actually set foot on the ship. i drove everyone nuts at work and my family thought i was insane :D. once you get on the ship it will all fall into place for you. just remember there will always be little things that happen. laugh off any glitches if they arise and have a wonderful cruise you will always remember. my tip for the cabin is too take a spray room deoderizer for the bathroom. we all know that '' normal scents '' are normal and can be controlled in a tight space ;). have fun.

I agree

Enjoy your cruise

For the most part, we are all "friends" here...but the fact is that online forums and social networking sites make people think that they "know" and are close to people they've never actually met. There's a huge difference between truly being friends with someone and having a common interest or making what are really anonymous comments online. IMO (and just mine), there's a bad tendency for people to think they have deeper connections online than they could possibly have. But on top of all that (which is certainly a different discussion), anyone online can come here and read posts...anyone.

We're pretty private people in any case and are very guarded in what we reveal online. Is it paranoia? Maybe. But we've seen enough of life to know that just because we treat others as we wish to be treated and just because we respect others, it doesn't mean that other people (particularly people we've never met) will respond in kind. I like to see the good in people, but know that reality can come up and metaphorically smack me in the face. My mother was far too trusting online and as a result, we had to "clean up" problems a number of times.

Do I think giving out your cabin number would be a problem? Nope, as long as you don't include so much personal information, here or elsewhere, that someone trolling the internet could figure out who you are, where you live, and when you'll be away from home. Just common sense, IMO.

Congratulations on your first cruise and also on getting through the past decade. We've been through the ringer health-wise and know how special it is to be able to take a real vacation from everything.

beachchick

Several years ago a Cruise Critic lurker knocked on the cabin door of one of our sailing buddies to express his displeasure at something she had posted. It caught her, and all of us, by surprise. From that time we have urged everyone not to post their cabin numbers.

True story folks....

Yes, but all you had to do was also go to a meet and mingle and they could have identified you and done the same thing. So I'd also suggest if that's what you're afraid of then don't go to any public gatherings as well.

Yes, but all you had to do was also go to a meet and mingle and they could have identified you and done the same thing. So I'd also suggest if that's what you're afraid of then don't go to any public gatherings as well.

Truth is that we don't attend C&C meet and mingles onboard. Not because we're afraid of anything like being "stalked" by a disgruntled member or lurker, but because we would then feel we were supposed to be a part of the group for more than that. I've read posts from members who attended meet and mingles and who were then expected by other members to be available for group activities or for things that other CC members planned (both onboard and in ports). There have been posts where members have described having other members knocking on their cabin door throughout the cruise and expecting them to either go do things with other members or invite them in for a visit. I just don't want to be writing one of those posts someday.

We really enjoy meeting people on cruises and sometimes end up spending time with them, but prefer not to have it be expected--and many members here seem to expect CC members to hang out together or plan additional activities. It's similar to why we prefer to have small dining tables. While we often end up having a drink, snack, or even a meal with people we've met onboard, we don't like dining with people we don't know who the cruise line has selected for us. I don't care how many people say that large dining tables are more fun and "better." It's personal preference.

beachchick

Archived