Southampton, England; Reykjavik, Iceland;

Akureyri, Iceland;

Klaksvik;

Geiranger, Norway;

Olden, Norway;

Flam, Norway;

Bergen, Norway;

Southampton, England

Which ports are MUST SEE's? Which have the best Princess excursions? Thanks for your help!!!

I think the Hellsylt-to-Geiranger day trip is one of the most spectacular I've ever taken so I would vote for Option 1.

One thing to be aware of when going to Reykjavik is that if winds are stronger than 35mph, the ship can't navigate into the harbor. Or if the winds are coming from the wrong direction. We were on the Crown last September and had to miss the port due to weather and I understand it's not unusual. Passengers who weren't aware of the fact that docking in Reykjavik is not certain were extremely disappointed and called the Captain all kinds of names, declaring that missing this port ruined their cruise. :(

Hoping to chose between the following itineraries:

Option 1:

Southhampton, England

Bergen, Norway;

Olden, Norway;

Hellesylt, Norway;

Geiranger, Norway;

Alesund, Norway;

Akureyri, Iceland;

Reykjavik, Iceland;

Southhampton, England

Option 2:

Harwich, England; Bergen, Norway;

Flam, Norway;

Geiranger, Norway;

Lerwick,

Shetland Islands, Scotland;

Klaksvik;

Reykjavik, Iceland;

Harwich, England

Option 3:

Southampton, England; Reykjavik, Iceland;

Akureyri, Iceland;

Klaksvik;

Geiranger, Norway;

Olden, Norway;

Flam, Norway;

Bergen, Norway;

Southampton, England

Which ports are MUST SEE's? Which have the best Princess excursions? Thanks for your help!!!

I would go with option 3. Geiranger and Flam are truly beautiful. If they have the full day tours I would take them. In Option 1 you mention Hellesylt. We did a tour that went from there to Geiranger and was a full day. We saw some of the most amazing scenery. We never did make it to Lerwick because of weather. That was very disappointing for me since that was one place I wanted to see. Bergen is a beautiful city as well.

We did option #1 (in the reverse order) last summer on the Crown, and it was fantastic, both Iceland and the Norwigian fjords are incredible, in some cases there are locations and scenery that can only be seen from a cruiseship.

Awesome cruise !!

Srpilo

We did just the Norweigan fjords out of England and it was just totally spectacular. I agree with the ones who commented on Flam, Bergen and whatever that narrow passage we went through at midnight with the sun still shining on the waterfalls that fell into the sea while fat cows and sheep grazed in the fields. Still one of my favorite places.

If you are a shopper, the sweaters in Norway are spectacular. I don't like wool so I bought a slightly cheaper cotton sweater in a typical pattern. This was 10 years ago and I wear it very frequently in the winter months --so well made that I had the sleeves turned up (worn and faded a bit) and I expect that I will get 10 more years of wear. We often wear these cardigan sweaters on formal night during winter cruises -- they always get wonderful comments. So great sights and great sweaters for souveniers and something off the bucket list== sitting in the sun in a hot tub at midnight watching the beautiful shore. All the trips would be great.

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions! It really is helpful I appreciate it!! The Option 1 is with Princess and Option 3 is with Celebrity Eclipse. I've only cruised on Princess but I think our main priority is Itinerary most likely!! :) Thanks again!

Just noticed you live in NY - we are booked on a TA on the Crown from Southampton to NY - Aug 28, 2011 and it hits Iceland (x2). Bergen, Shetlands, Faroes, etc....you might check it out. You would only need a one way flight.....just my 2 cents....

Good luck with your choice - I don't think you can really go wrong with any cruise:p

Archived