Tell me all about the Equinox

momofmeg

We booked the Nov. 2012 transatlantic-so now I would like to know all I can about her. This will be out third Celebrity cruise and second TA.

We loved the therapy pool on the Connie-does the Equinox have this? Also is there an extra charge-On HAL we paid an extra charge.

I'm a melanoma patient and my favorite spot is the Solarium which is basically an indoor pool that is adults only. It also contains the Aqua Spa cafe.

I also agree with Jack, loved AQ and Blu....

At the time we went, they had a wonderful young lady working in the computer lab. She did some Apple, IPOD and Itunes classes which the wife and I attended. These were not real advanced but for those who have those items and need a little help.

We booked the Nov. 2012 transatlantic-so now I would like to know all I can about her. This will be out third Celebrity cruise and second TA.

We loved the therapy pool on the Connie-does the Equinox have this? Also is there an extra charge-On HAL we paid an extra charge.

We booked this same cruise while we were onboard RCI this past April. We're doing our first westbound TA this October on Liberty of the Seas from Barcelona, so we're excited that Equinox leaves from Rome.

We booked Cabin 2105, which has excellent reviews. Since we did an onboard booking, we were entitled to a complimentary 2 cat upgrade, so we could have paid for a C1 and gotten a C3, but we preferred the C2 cat so we'd have that large balcony on the hump.

Jo-Ann

we have a baloney cabin. is there ant part of ship that we aint allowed to go?

The only place that I can think of is Blu which is the restaurant exclusively for Aqua Class patrons and suite patrons if available. There are some areas such as Persian Gardens that you have to pay for.

We booked this same cruise while we were onboard RCI this past April. We're doing our first westbound TA this October on Liberty of the Seas from Barcelona, so we're excited that Equinox leaves from Rome.

We booked Cabin 2105, which has excellent reviews. Since we did an onboard booking, we were entitled to a complimentary 2 cat upgrade, so we could have paid for a C1 and gotten a C3, but we preferred the C2 cat so we'd have that large balcony on the hump.

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann, I remember seeing your posts on the roll call. we will have fun-won't we! Even though this is nearly a year and a half away, I am excited. We had been mulling this over for ages. We even thought we might would go this year, (a great sale we could have booked on the Celebrity ship cruising from Barcelona) but hubby has a big contract at work which will keep him busy until mid Dec.-so even though he has 3 weeks vacation left-he can only take perhaps a day or 2 at at a time until then.

I am disappointed there is no therapy pool-even if there was a fee-I would be willing to pay-oh well.

Hi, it is not the same thing but the Solarium Pool and that area is

really nice:). The loungers have thick cushions and I always enjoy

reading a book, napping, sipping a drink, and repeat;)

I am sure ya'll will have a good cruise:)

Lois, you remember Beth (I love Scotland)? she is on this solo. Her husband passed last month. I finally get to meet one of the people I have posted to over the years.

Is there an area by the buffet where you can sit outside and eat?:rolleyes:

I think you are perhaps joking because of your roll eyes but just in case you are serious-all ships on every line I have cruised have the buffet restaurant on the lido deck-there are always tables by the pool.

I have only cruised on the Connie and the old Zenith-so I had no idea about the newer Celebrity ships. Even though I am disappointed about the lack of the therapy pool, I am pleased I won't have all the cigarette smoke. My last HAL cruise, although I had the therapy pool for a fee, there was a problem with smoke, as there was a high percentage of smokers.

Lois, do not forget that this pool is a very efficacious exercise venue. 1 1/2 hrs. of pool walking will help melt away the pounds, and for all we 0ld folks will diminish the effects of O/A on the knees. Also, there is the added inducement of the Aqua Spa Cafe with its very healthy fare.

Lois, do not forget that this pool is a very efficacious exercise venue. 1 1/2 hrs. of pool walking will help melt away the pounds, and for all we 0ld folks will diminish the effects of O/A on the knees. Also, there is the added inducement of the Aqua Spa Cafe with its very healthy fare.

In laymen's terms?:confused: You mean the pool is big enough to swim

in so you can get your exercise in?:confused: Pool walking? Not my thing.

Thank goodness someone else noticed this :-) I was gonna reply stating I'd rather have a roast beef cabin, personally. LOL

I,too was wondering when somebody was going to comment on the OP post. Me? I think I'd prefer a lobster cabin, no ants but maybe a parakeet in a gilded cage on the balcony.:D

In laymen's terms?:confused: You mean the pool is big enough to swim

in so you can get your exercise in?:confused: Pool walking? Not my thing.

Swimming is possible depending upon the number of folks using the pool. However, vigorous pool walking is a better approach to maintaining a healthy exercise regimen. Remember that proper pool walking is 2 to 1 comared to vigorous land walking; and, it is a healthier physical activity. As we are all aware, obesity is part of the etiology of diabetes.

I need to do that LOL! - I normally walk everyday at home-but I sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago-it is a slow heal-I miss my walking!

I,too was wondering when somebody was going to comment on the OP post. Me? I think I'd prefer a lobster cabin, no ants but maybe a parakeet in a gilded cage on the balcony.:D

I did not post baloney on this thread- I did do that once on the NCL board-bad spell check! Probably this poster had the same problem-corrected a typo and spell check posted the wrong correction.

Now I did post out instead of our-since both are words-spell check could not catch that-but please forgive me- r and t are next to each other on the key board-and you use the same finger to type them! LOL! Did I hear-"Proofread Jane!" I know! I know!

I need to do that LOL! - I normally walk everyday at home-but I sprained my ankle 3 weeks ago-it is a slow heal-I miss my walking!

The pool walking will be more comfortable than land walking for your ankle. My left foot is screwed onto my left leg; and, for me, pool walking is more efficacious than land walking.

The pool walking will be more comfortable than land walking for your ankle. My left foot is screwed onto my left leg; and, for me, pool walking is more efficacious than land walking.

I will have to try that. There is an in door pool near us. I was thinking of going and swimming there-just to get some exercise. My ankle is actually healed, but still weak, and if I walk on it too much, it hurts.

Archived