What to do? 6 - 8 pm Statendam

martinimadam

I have main (late) seating on my Panama Canal Cruise on the Statendam in November. That kind of activities happen between 6 and 8 pm? Wasn't sure if all the piano/band players have early seating and, thus, won't be around.:confused: Will the ship be dead during that time?

I am usually in the same situation, so I excercise during this time. Trying walking a few laps around the Promenade deck. My experience has been that there will not be much else to do.

igraf

I have main (late) seating on my Panama Canal Cruise on the Statendam in November. That kind of activities happen between 6 and 8 pm? Wasn't sure if all the piano/band players have early seating and, thus, won't be around.:confused: Will the ship be dead during that time?

When dinner is at 8:00, people tend to come in from their day later. By 6:00 there's time to rest a bit, shower and dress, and head out for a cocktail. The lounges have started up again by then as the music generally resumes by 7:00.

Hi Was on the Statendam for a Panama Canal cruise in April. There is some things to do.

6pm there was Trivia in the Mix Bar, There is a solo performer from 5-9pm and then piano artist from 9pm I believe.

Ocean bar does have a three piece trio (piano, bass, drum) they play a good range of dance music for ballroom styles.

The string quartet do play between this time but I found they would often play for 30 minutes or so at the beginning of each seating in the dining room, so probably wont find them playing in the explorers lounge until 6.30 or so.

Hope this helps.

Joel

If possible, purchase a thermal spa pass.

I found out a few cruises back that this was the best time to enjoy the thermal spa.

With the exception of one or two days,I had the place to myself like a private spa!:D I would unwind from my port day and head back to the cabin a little after 7 p.m.

Archived