Dream upgrade: can't decide - help!

melli_fera

I noticed a significant price drop on my past guest rate last week and called my TA about it. Since we're past final payment, we can't get any OBC, but my TA just called me and said Carnival has offered some upgrade options for us.

Right now, we're booked in cat 4J (interior on Deck 6).

We have the option of moving all the way forward on Deck 7 to an outside cabin (7205) that apparently overlooks a public observation deck. This is a free upgrade.

We also have the option of moving up to an interior on Deck 11, which is an interior cloud 9 spa room (11231). This would be a $15 pp for the whole WEEK.

My gut tells me to go with the spa room. But I'm concerned about motion sickness being forward and up high. I mean, I've never gotten really seriously ill. The first day or so I've had to "adjust", but then have been fine later on. I do tend to get motion sickness sometimes (air, car). Should I just medicate myself and take advantage of this sick offer???

Any comments on any of these cabins are welcome.

I noticed a significant price drop on my past guest rate last week and called my TA about it. Since we're past final payment, we can't get any OBC, but my TA just called me and said Carnival has offered some upgrade options for us.

We have the option of moving all the way forward on Deck 7 to an outside cabin (7205) that apparently overlooks a public observation deck. This is a free upgrade.

We also have the option of moving up to an interior on Deck 11, which is an interior cloud 9 spa room (11231). This would be a $15 pp for the whole WEEK.

My gut tells me to go with the spa room. But I'm concerned about motion sickness being forward and up high. I mean, I've never gotten really seriously ill. The first day or so I've had to "adjust", but then have been fine later on. I do tend to get motion sickness sometimes (air, car). Should I just medicate myself and take advantage of this sick offer???

Very quiet on that floor. We did a spa room forward on the Splendor and did not feel any more motion than normal.

Start taking Ginger pills a few days before you leave. Since you tend to motion sickness in the plane, I would start around the 23rd. Ask if the upgrade to the spa cabin would get you the spa package. I have seen some say they didn't because of the upgrade, but other have said they have. Also, with the deck 11 rooms there are less cabins on that deck so their will be less noise from the hall as well. That room seems to be under the ladies locker room, so you might have a little noise from above, but you are not under the treadmills or the fitness equipment which is a good thing.

Melissa,

I am on the Spa Deck too (11)! So I vote for the spa deck!

Maggie

Some of the 4J's have additional space in them depending on the layout because they are handicap accessible. We have part of our group on the Lido in a 4J overlooking that deck in a larger than standard cabin.

For me, I'd do the spa cabin. Per our PVP those cabins include (for the first two people in the cabin):

Access to the thermal suites

Thalasotherapy Pool

2 Complimentary fitness classes per person

Spa robe and slippers

Upgraded bath products

For $15/pp I'd snap it up! That level is also non-smoking if that makes a difference to you.

I see pics of 7201 on the cruiselinerooms dot com site and they don't look any larger really. Based on the deck plans it looks like 7205 might be right next to the access door for that deck which could be nice for you to get out there easily - or a hassle when people don't let the interior door close before opening the exterior door and it slams shut.

If you can get the Spa with the passes, jump on it!

Thanks everyone! Just talked to my cruisemate (who is on the west coast...damn time differences!) and we've decided to go for it.

Even if we only visit the spa one day, it would be worth the price.

Now I'm even MORE excited! :D

When booking a Cloud 9 Spa level cabin, you get the following:

• Cloud 9 Spa robes and slippers (extra fluffy!!!)
  • Cloud 9 Spa towels
  • Unlimited visits to the Thalassotherapy pool, the various steam rooms, the heated loungers, and the saunas
  • Two (2) complimentary fitness classes (spinning, aerobics, etc)
  • Priority booking on any spa services
  • Samples of the Elemis shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower gel, body lotion, and hand soap (if you run out ask your Cabin Steward for more)
  • a totally smoke-free environment (no smoking allowed in the spa cabins or on the balconies)

We just had a Spa level cabin on Magic, and we definitely go our money's worth between the Thalassotherapy pool, the steam rooms, the heated loungers, and the saunas!

Make sure to be there at 1pm on embarkation day so that you can get a tour of the area and get your bracelet!

You are so going to enjoy being up there!!!

Melli, make sure to specifically ask if the spa ammenities (use of pools and such) are INCLUDED in your upgrade... I have read many times before that they are NOT, so be sure that they are before you get your hopes up.... PLEASE?? I would hate to have you find out after you make the decision that they are not...

I asked the TA and she sent me an email stating such... what more can I get from her?

She said, "Hi Melissa... yes those particular category cabins include all the spa emenities I had mention regardless of the upgrade."

She emailed me a new confirmation and it states that we're upgraded, but it doesn't specifically state, "with all amenities".

Now I'm worried. Would this show up on my account on carnival's website at all???

I would say if you got the note from your TA that you are A-okay and havin' a good day!! I just thought it best to "be prepared" and know from a reliable source that you could use all that good stuff up in the spa!! :) sorry to wory you... enjoy!!

I asked the TA and she sent me an email stating such... what more can I get from her?

She said, "Hi Melissa... yes those particular category cabins include all the spa emenities I had mention regardless of the upgrade."

She emailed me a new confirmation and it states that we're upgraded, but it doesn't specifically state, "with all amenities".

Now I'm worried. Would this show up on my account on carnival's website at all???

The above poster was referring to a free upgrade .. not one you paid for. You paid the difference, so you paid for the cabin, so not to worry.

if the upgrade fairy out of the blue upgrades you, then you wouldnt get the amenities.

The above poster was referring to a free upgrade .. not one you paid for. You paid the difference, so you paid for the cabin, so not to worry.

if the upgrade fairy out of the blue upgrades you, then you wouldnt get the amenities.

Is there any way I can confirm this with Carnival? Is access attached to our S&S card, or do we get special wrist bands?

From Carnival, not a TA... As others have said, other CC'ers have been "upgraded" to the spa deck. But when upgraded it did not include the ammenities. Somehow I dont think paying $15 is going to include that, but thats just me. EIther way I would want it in writing from someone on Carnival letterhead. If there is a problem then you have that to back you up.

I am not sure how Carnival would justify not granting spa amenities to a passenger who is booked in a spa cabin, regardless of whether it's a free or paid upgrade....the one time I was upgraded to a first class seat on a plane, it was offered to me by the airline, and I did not pay any extra for the upgrade to first class...when I was seated in that section, the flight attendants treated me like any other first class passenger, and I got all the amenities of first class even though I wasn't a "paying" first class passenger...the OP even paid $15/person for the upgrade to spa level...it is ridiculous to think that wouldn't include Spa level amenities

I am not sure how Carnival would justify not granting spa amenities to a passenger who is booked in a spa cabin, regardless of whether it's a free or paid upgrade....the one time I was upgraded to a first class seat on a plane, it was offered to me by the airline, and I did not pay any extra for the upgrade to first class...when I was seated in that section, the flight attendants treated me like any other first class passenger, and I got all the amenities of first class even though I wasn't a "paying" first class passenger...the OP even paid $15/person for the upgrade to spa level...it is ridiculous to think that wouldn't include Spa level amenities

They justify it because your not paying the rate they consider adequate to have the ammenities. It's been repeated on CC by many guests who were upgraded.

From Carnival, not a TA... As others have said, other CC'ers have been "upgraded" to the spa deck. But when upgraded it did not include the ammenities. Somehow I dont think paying $15 is going to include that, but thats just me. EIther way I would want it in writing from someone on Carnival letterhead. If there is a problem then you have that to back you up.

So should I get my TA to pursue this, or am I "allowed" to do it myself?

ASk for the Customer Solutions department. Tell tem you have a question and are getting mixed answers. I wouldnt tell them I used a TA inless necessary. You just want a policy answer not help with a booking. Tell them what you booked originally, you were offered and upgrade for $15 per person to the Interior Spa deck and want to confirm it includes the Spa ammenities. If she says it does tell her you want it in writing and emailed to you. Make sure you get her name/Extension ect. if you dont get the email.

I've heard to many times that upgrades didnt get the ammenities to leave it to chance or the say so of a TA.

Good Luck!

ASk for the Customer Solutions department. Tell tem you have a question and are getting mixed answers. I wouldnt tell them I used a TA inless necessary. You just want a policy answer not help with a booking. Tell them what you booked originally, you were offered and upgrade for $15 per person to the Interior Spa deck and want to confirm it includes the Spa ammenities. If she says it does tell her you want it in writing and emailed to you. Make sure you get her name/Extension ect. if you dont get the email.

I've heard to many times that upgrades didnt get the ammenities to leave it to chance or the say so of a TA.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I'll give them a call later today. I'm not a smoker, but, I'm sure they wouldn't like it if I smoked in it (treating it like any other cabin). :rolleyes:

Archived