Current Captains Con't

I have always thought it would be Captain Zini anyway. Just wanted to hear from our insider on this.

I have heard they are also preparing Captain Dahlgren for Quantum. That's one of the reasons he's one of the current masters for Oasis... to get him prepared for the move

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

I have heard they are also preparing Captain Dahlgren for Quantum. That's one of the reasons he's one of the current masters for Oasis... to get him prepared for the move

Of course we do know there will be two captains. Even though only one can bring it over. Which brings me to....who will be the staff captain? :)

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Well, I am quote #1385 Sailboatlover. I have posted the controversial info., including: "fired, fired, fired" and also the info on Grimstad.

So, ... it was me that they called a troll.

Not true. What an insult. :(

That's what I get for insider info.????

Welcome to Cruise Critic. As. newbie, you may not realize that summertime is the prime season for trolls to surface, and they usually do so by posting something inflammatory inorder to rile up the general community. Your "fired, fired, fired" comment certainly fits the bill.

Although you claim to have insider knowledge, you don't support that claim and as a brand new poster you lack credibility, so I cannot conclude that your posts have any merit. These boards are rife enough with meanspiritedness without piling on top of people who are not here to defend themselves.

Chris - Thanks for pointing that out. Assuming he is still on the Oasis on my August sailing maybe I will ask him. Who knows he may just tell us.

By the way thanks for the picture of the Oasis JS you sent me via another thread. I am looking forward to the JS hump balcony next month.

Holmes is coming to Freedom. Grimstad to Allure Aug 1st.

I knew Holmes had been on AD long enough to be ready for a move. So Grimstad will be leaving FR before the end of a regular 10 week rotation???? I had him just starting on FR 6-30. Holmes is on vacay and would only be cutting his time off by 3 weeks so it is possible for Holmes to go back to work 8-1. Now we'll need to find out who's going to relieve Gronhaug on AD!!!! As well as settling the MJ mess, who's master 7-28 and for how long. :)

I knew Holmes had been on AD long enough to be ready for a move. So Grimstad will be leaving FR before the end of a regular 10 week rotation???? I had him just starting on FR 6-30. Holmes is on vacay and would only be cutting his time off by 3 weeks so it is possible for Holmes to go back to work 8-1. Now we'll need to find out who's going to relieve Gronhaug on AD!!!! As well as settling the MJ mess, who's master 7-28 and for how long. :)

Karen,

I'm on MJ on Mon 7/29, so I'll try to call you.

Also, what do you know about Dustin? Will he go back to AL as staff capt?

Had Capt. Claus on our Navigator TA last year, looks like we may have him again this year...which would be nice. He spent a lot more time out and around with the passengers than any other captain I've sailed with, a very personable fellow.

I'm confused.... is/was Ron Holmes due back to Adventure on 18th August? I wondered if he would take over on 4th August:confused:

Karen,

I'm on MJ on Mon 7/29, so I'll try to call you.

Also, what do you know about Dustin? Will he go back to AL as staff capt?

Since Nyseter is gone from AL, I'm thinking Dustin may go back as master this time.

I'll be home off and on. I was originally scheduled to take my father-in-law to U of M hospital for melanoma surgery but when my knee failed I had to beg off. However, I'm still stuck with pet sitting the next 2 weeks before I go to Mom's in Canada. If you call on Monday, please try calling between 10 and 11 am...I'm pretty sure I'll be home then. Or if that doesn't work, try 5 pm.

Since Nyseter is gone from AL, I'm thinking Dustin may go back as master this time.

I'll be home off and on. I was originally scheduled to take my father-in-law to U of M hospital for melanoma surgery but when my knee failed I had to beg off. However, I'm still stuck with pet sitting the next 2 weeks before I go to Mom's in Canada. If you call on Monday, please try calling between 10 and 11 am...I'm pretty sure I'll be home then. Or if that doesn't work, try 5 pm.

I was thinking master also.

No point in calling in the morning since I don't expect to be on the ship before 11:30 or so. I'll keep trying but you should also.

Holmes is coming to Freedom. Grimstad to Allure Aug 1st.

the allure will be at sea on the western itinerary on august 1st :)

but it makes sense for him to move to the allure when captain johnny still has two weeks in his rotation.

That way there can be some overlap while Grimstad is learning the ins and outs of running the really big ships..

it seems that captain tommy was supposed to start his rotation on August 18th (the cruise we'll be on). Perhaps Grimstad will be ready by then to take the big girl out by himself :)

Edited by alaska_planner

Dahlgren is going to Quantum

And trust that I have insider info. ;)

You may or may not have inside information, but Capt Patrik has said publicly and frequently that he will be taking the ship out. This is not new, so it certainly doesn't do anything for your credibility.

I suppose you'll tell us next that your source told you there will be a 3rd Quantum-class ship. Again, public knowledge.:eek: