Question for Allure an Oasis ocean balcony veterans

1st time RCCL sailors looking at the Allure ocean view balcony. As platinum Carnival cruzers we pretty much know the layout of all of the various classes of ships. Not so with RCCL.

One year we booked an extended balcony on the Miracle (all good, but…) we quickly found out that looking straight down you had a beautiful view of ….The Top of A Lifeboat. No waves crashing against the hull, etc.

2150354170064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Now from this pic, it appears that the Oasis class ships lifeboats extend out from the ship.

Allure_of_the_Seas_ext.jpg

Can anybody give us a heads up on this, as I enjoy the ocean view as well as looking straight down at the water rushing by the hull while the lovely wife gets ready for dinner. Rum n Coke in hand-of course.

Thanks in advance!

We had cabin 9264 on the Oasis which was an ocean balcony and did NOT look down only to see lifeboats. Any balcony cabins on deck 9 should be just fine. We were very close to the elevators and stairs, and Dazzles. Loved the location and have booked the same area on the Allure.

There's a section in the middle without lifeboats. Radio also has some photos from his Live from Allure trip report.

If you like to look down from over the ledge, I'd say book a specific cabin near the rear hump balconies.

If you want no lifeboats below blocking, your best bet is going to be with cabins between 236-282 or 636-682 and 192-202 or 592-602

I would however stay away from deck 14...you have some supports in some of these areas to deal with.

We had cabin 9264 on the Oasis which was an ocean balcony and did NOT look down only to see lifeboats. Any balcony cabins on deck 9 should be just fine. We were very close to the elevators and stairs, and Dazzles. Loved the location and have booked the same area on the Allure.

We will be in cabin 9264 in October - how was the balcony for seeing the ports sailaways,etc? Thanks Jan

If you want no lifeboats below blocking, your best bet is going to be with cabins between 236-282 or 636-682 and 192-202 or 592-602

I would however stay away from deck 14...you have some supports in some of these areas to deal with.

We were in Cabin 10200 and had NO obstructions. (so this is good advice)

What about around 10290?

10290 will have lifeboats underneath...no big deal as most the ship does and it really doesn't block very much at all unless you want to see the water right up to the hull of the ship. However the OP was looking for an area where there are no lifeboats or where the balconies extend enough that you don't see them.

One heads up on 10290....you have a crew access area directly opposite that tends to get a bit noisy at times.

Oh good grief, we're in cabin balconey 7600 (hump) now I'm worried about the view:eek:

You will have the best view of everyone. You bump out, so you see less of the lifeboats, plus you can see the entire side of the ship, while others can't.

OP, please follow Steve's advice if you don't want lifeboats under you but you will still not see the full hull because all the balconies jut out over it

On our recent Oasis cruise, I choose a deck 6 ocean view balcony because I wanted to be closer to the water. While not a big deal on higher decks, I also wanted to be above the opening in the lifeboats so I could see straight down and watch the Kelvin wake patterns once we were underway.

This pictures show the view FROM THE RAILING of our starboard cabin 6678 balcony. The Oasis and Allure almost always dock on the starboard side. These pictures were taken when Oasis docked port side on our return to Ft. Lauderdale.

lifeboats-forward.jpglifeboats-aft.jpg

~ Judy

• 1 year later...

thank you sooo much, i was looking for this exact question "no lifeboat obstruction" to see right down to the water....i want to be as close as possible..lol

thanks again..hopefully one of these cabins is still available...so i can switch out of the one i am in now!!!!!

Archived