Orator

Now frequently do you cruise?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Now frequently do you cruise?

• Once per year
    • Several times per year
    • Once every two years
    • More than a 2 year gap between cruises

FYI, the poll option defaults to 4, but can go as high as 14. I've done polls with 12 items. In case you weren't aware and post a poll again sometime. Or was there some other limitation I wasn't aware of?

anywhere from one to four times a year.

- Rick

We are just like Rick -- 2,3 or 4 times a year.

(PS -- Thanks Rick, for the number to the dinning room services -- first time in 38 cruises we got the table we requested!:))

Enjoy!

Kel:D

I agree with those who have said that if they lived in Florida they would take more cruises. Since we always fly to the embarkation port at least a day in advance, it adds time as well as the expense of flying, hotels, and restaurants to the cost of the cruise. Living near a port also makes it easier to take advantage of last minute deals.

2 or 3 times a year. Some of us still work:eek: and I live in Florida

(north Florida) and it does not help with cruising more often (for me

anyway). I probably cruise as much outside of the state as I do in.

Doesn't matter to me. I flew to San Diego in May and will be flying to

N.J. in September. It is a 6 hour drive or 1 hour flight from here to

Miami...5 hour drive/45 minute flight to Ft. Lauderdale.

Now, for the retirees who live 30 minutes from Port Everglades?

They probably cruise once a month if not more;).....I can only hope

to be doing that one day:D

As for land vacations? No thanks...I love getting on board, unpacking and I don't have

to concern myself with where to stay, where to eat, getting back to my hotel, finding the local bar.....love being

pampered all week......love to cruise:D

We were just doing 1 a year, but now will end up doing 2 this year - went on the Xpedition in the Galapagos Islands in February (after that we also did a 6 week land tour visiting Ecuador, Costa Rica and the US), and have a Christmas and NYE one booked for Dec '11 and Jan '12. And we have 3 booked for next year - one in Feb, one in Novemeber and one in December!

Can you tell we love to cruise?? I would like to fit more in, but work gets in the way, although work pays for the cruises, so it is a vicious cycle!!

We cruise several times a year in our Celebrity Condo. Travel expenses to our "condo" are considerable so we normally take up residence for a month or so at a time. I never tire of watching the waves slide by in the comfort of my home at sea.

Actually, I clicked on more than once per year...

but, one of the choices oughta be, "Not Enough".

My DW has a deal with me.

She will GET OFF the ship only if I have

another cruise booked..so, to satisify that requirement for

her, I always book something onboard before we leave...

Next up, January 2012 and April 2012.

That keeps her happy..;)

Happy wife! Happy Life!!!

I agree that alot depends on if you are still working or retired.....

unfortunately it is sometimes hard for dh to get enough days in a row off so we can go....

We try to take 2 big vacations a year - sometimes they are both cruises - sometimes 1 cruise and 1 land vacation (we love Abaco Bahamas) but then we also enjoy taking a long weekend and camping in the Texas Hill country.

So, it really depends on what strikes our fancy :D

(See my sig for cruise history)

A question for those who take more than five cruises a year - Have you ever considered taking less cruises on a luxury cruise line for all the money you are spending on cruises?

I treasure the days at sea, sipping wine while gazing at the passing waves, dancing in the evening.

Luxury lines would charge more for the scenery and the "ambiance".

Spending fewer days on board a luxury line rather than a more affordable cruise line would force me to spend more time in the cold during the winter.

A question for those who take more than five cruises a year - Have you ever considered taking less cruises on a luxury cruise line for all the money you are spending on cruises?

There is nothing that a "luxury" line can do for us that Celeberty can't, maybe less for more money. Flora does not drink, so the all inclusive cruises would just lose us money. Larger cabins, even suites with X don't fit our cruising style. If they give us one, great (happened once). With all our friends in Celebrity ships and the nearness of the ports, it would be hard to "back off". We love longer cruises and do lots of B2B's even in the Carribean, where we go ashore in very few ports, mostly to eat. We absolutely love the people working in the ships and would miss those relationships. It has taken us 10 almost 11 years to get here, it would be like starting over again, and frankly we have never considered other companies, we do a few with RCCL and are nearly D+ and will be there by October. Can't/Won't go back to being Classic. ~ Ric

We're not at the Orator or RMSeadog level yet, but we hope to be someday!:) The goal is two months of cruising per year.

We cruise with Celebrity (and now eventually some more on Princess) due to the smoking policy, but taking that out of the equation, it would be more about quantity over quality for us. I want to be able to get to as many different ports as possible before I shuffle off this mortal coil, so for us it's volume, volume, VOLUME, baby! Besides, we're perfectly happy roughing it with a simple balcony cabin.:rolleyes: I'd like to sail a luxury line once to say I've done it, but would not consider them for the bulk of our cruising.

We're not at the Orator or RMSeadog level yet, but we hope to be someday!:) The goal is two months of cruising per year.

We cruise with Celebrity (and now eventually some more on Princess) due to the smoking policy, but taking that out of the equation, it would be more about quantity over quality for us. I want to be able to get to as many different ports as possible before I shuffle off this mortal coil, so for us it's volume, volume, VOLUME, baby! Besides, we're perfectly happy roughing it with a simple balcony cabin.:rolleyes: I'd like to sail a luxury line once to say I've done it, but would not consider them for the bulk of our cruising.

Retired and in Florida makes for a good cruising combination, but not even close to Ric and Flo. They are wonderful people and I look forward to cruising with them in November.

Bridge Maven,

I have found Celebrity to be a perfect fit for me and what I expect of a cruise. Possibly I am missing something by not trying the luxury lines, but I suspect not.

As long as I am able to cruise, and as long as there are M class ships, Celebrity will be my cruise line of choice. I am very fortunate to be able to cruise as often as I do and I never take it for granted.

Anne

On average, once a year. Perhaps it's worthwhile to note that I frequent these boards only in the 3-5 months prior to a cruise, and then drop it until I have a cruise booked again. I think that's just withdrawal speaking once I get home from vacation--being on the boards would make the withdrawal worse!

Bridge Maven,

I have found Celebrity to be a perfect fit for me and what I expect of a cruise. Possibly I am missing something by not trying the luxury lines, but I suspect not.

As long as I am able to cruise, and as long as there are M class ships, Celebrity will be my cruise line of choice. I am very fortunate to be able to cruise as often as I do and I never take it for granted.

Anne

Hi Anne, we are in the same boat;):)....ouch....LOL....seriously,

when I look at some of the prices for the luxury lines? I realize that

old saying "you get what you pay for" but those prices are waayyyy

out of my pricepoint:eek: and I love Celebrity too:D. Maybe one day

(years and years down the road) if I could ever try one "luxury line"

I might do it but it is not something I have a yearning for....not

something that is a "must do"....We are both happy with the

product Celebrity provides us:)

Hopefully we will cruise together again!

Ric, would love to meet you and Flora one day. After all these

years I don't think we have ever been on the same sailing.

Retired and in Florida makes for a good cruising combination, but not even close to Ric and Flo. They are wonderful people and I look forward to cruising with them in November.

Well, THANK YOU VERY MUCH Mr. Orator! There more than a few that would disagree with you. ~ Ric

We used to cruise once a year, but now we are up to twice most years. Love it, but can't afford the time off for more and the airfare cost is really starting to be a big issue in my opinion. We are paying more for airfare during slow periods than we used to pay when we were forced to go on spring break. It is getting out of hand. I do like the fact that cruise prices being lower does help balance the bill so to speak. There are more and more 'menu' type items that can really rack up a large bill onboard but we are diligent about avoiding them (it helps to be Elite and get some of those extra perks, especially the liquor). That said, there seems to be a trend with the newer ships to jack up pricing quite a bit. I understand why, but I am hoping supply and demand will start to nip that in the bud as more new (and newly Solsticized) ships come into play.

Archived