Orator

Now frequently do you cruise?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Now frequently do you cruise?

• Once per year
    • Several times per year
    • Once every two years
    • More than a 2 year gap between cruises

DH and I started cruising in Jan. 2002--his idea! We did 8 cruises in 6 years before he passed away unexpectedly 8-13-08. I have done 4 without him--2 to the Carib. with his sister and 2 with friends. The ones in 2009 we had booked before he died. My problem is finding people to go with. Last year I didn't cruise, but this year did 2 again. I didn't vote because my situation wasn't on the list. The 2 friends I cruised with are also widows who cruised with their husbands.

Congrats to those couples (and anyone else) who are cruising now and not waiting. So many people wait and then it is too late. Life is too short to stop cruising. I am looking for another cruise buddy to go with next Jan. and maybe next summer.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer W. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 2/05 Galaxy PC 6/06 Jewel OS Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords

1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv. 1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ 1/09 Galaxy S. Carib.

6/09 Summit Classical Med. 1/11 Summit S. Carib. 6/11 Constellation Scand/Russia

I answered two or three cruises a year, in addition to our land based vacations, but my husband is still in the work force. Many of our friends have a second home in a warm area but we decided that after my husband retires we will take more cruises to escape from our cold winters instead of buying a second home.

Many of our friends have a second home in a warm area but we decided that after my husband retires we will take more cruises to escape from our cold winters instead of buying a second home.

Hi Bridge Maven:

And another upside to having a "Celebrity Condo' instead of a 2nd home in warmer climes: Your "X condo" can avoid hurricanes. So many of our friends have experienced a threat/near miss/damage that I can't imagine owning a second home in Florida. The fact that numerous frequent cruisers are also Florida residents might imply that the weather might be great but the cruising experience is superior to just living there.

Actually, I clicked on more than once per year...

but, one of the choices oughta be, "Not Enough".

My DW has a deal with me.

She will GET OFF the ship only if I have

another cruise booked..so, to satisify that requirement for

her, I always book something onboard before we leave...

Next up, January 2012 and April 2012.

That keeps her happy..;)

Note to self: implement this rule with boyfriend on October 2011 cruise. LOL

I've gone once a year the past 3 years but before that spent 34 years having never cruised! Blasphemy!

Hummm, Let's see, We never cruise in the summer but somehow still manage to get 18 to 20 cruises taken each year. So easy to just pick up the phone and book all those special deals on Princess, Celebrity, Royal, Cunard and HAL when they become available. The only problem we have is deciding which "deal" we should chose to take when more than one is showing for the same week. We will always do the transatlantics over and back each year, most others are just caribbeans.

We have cruised 38 times together and are closing in on one year, of our 16 years together, spent on cruise ships. I think we have 321 days onboard.

We travel eight to ten weeks of the year, with 2 to 4 cruises included in those numbers. Money well spent!:)

Off to Montana (July), Colorado(Aug), Myrtle Beach(Sept), Phoenix(Oct), Tucson(Nov), before heading to Ft Lauderdale in December for two more cruises. That takes care of 2011. Travel is our number one priority.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I answered two or three cruises a year, in addition to our land based vacations, but my husband is still in the work force. Many of our friends have a second home in a warm area but we decided that after my husband retires we will take more cruises to escape from our cold winters instead of buying a second home.

If DH ever retires and if we ever want to spend time in Florida, we would rent an apartment. We have no desire to own one.

I cruise 1 -2 times a year. I am a flight attendant and only work 11 - 12 days a month, so I have loads of free time. Unfortunately, my partner has a normal Mon thru Fri job and only gets 2 or 3 weeks vacation a year. So the two of us are limited to one big cruise a year. Every other year I do a cruise with my parents, so that sometimes gives me a second cruise in the year.

And for those of you wondering about luxury cruises, I have to say I have been on MANY (thanks to my parents) and the Celebrity Solstice class ships are VERY similar to Regent or Crystal. It's so close, that you are not missing all that much. There are, of course, slight differences, but none that make me prefer luxury cruising. To me, the Solstice class ships are like big versions of Regent or Crystal.

Michael

Archived