A food question

Bradtez

Do the restaurants on board cater for passengers like myself who have a somewhat healthy appetite? I am by no means a glutton, but i do enjoy good food. I also would not like to be embarrassed by ordering 2 dishes from the menu.:o

My wife and i are VERY looking forward to our Christmas cruise aboard the Shadow next year. :)

Do the restaurants on board cater for passengers like myself who have a somewhat healthy appetite?
From my perspective, the answer is a resounding yes. You may have multiple courses of the same or different choices of you choosing. In essence, you can have whatever you like.

We were on the Shadow in May - had a great cruise, let me say the food was very good. We had lunch in the main dining room most days, and there it is a 3 course lunch and a 4 course dinner. We ate at the pool bar twice for lunch, and twice at the Italian restaurant. Now dont forget you can have afternoon tea up in the lounge - they do a very good scones jam and cream - along with assorted cakes, pastries and pancakes. We also had dinner twice in Le Champagne.

And I wondered why my clothes seemed to shrink on that trip ! :D

Ann

And here is a link to the food we had on the Shadow in May.something to whet your appetite-

https://picasaweb.google.com/ron.dolton/SilverShadowFood#

Thank you for sharing this. I was on Spirit in May and from looking at your pictures, I'd say that the menus were very similar. Now I'm pining for the duck ragout parpadelle!

Thank you for sharing this. Now I'm pining for the duck ragout parpadelle!

My sentiments exactly! We thought the duck ragout was fabulous. But it's interesting--I recall seeing a number of posts from those who didn't care for it. It is very rich and robust so it may not appeal to some--but we thought it was one of the best dishes we had on our cruise.

And Drron, wonderful photos! It looked like you really enjoyed taking them...thanks for sharing!

Bradtez--don't worry about ordering 2 entrees. The portions are not super sized, and if you enjoy something we've found that the staff is very happy that you did and delighted to get you another. And if you don't like something, you need to tell them because they really want the opportunity to make things right.

I would hate to be frowned upon for enjoying my food and having large portions.
Definitely no frowning allowed on SS! :)

The only thing you may have to worry about according to many cruisers recently on SS is the horrendously salty air. For a good chuckle, you may like to read through the posts on this thread; salty air ruined my clothes.

Thankyou so much for all of your replies. I would hate to be frowned upon for enjoying my food and having large portions.

The portions in the MDR are not large, but you may have as many of them as you want!

Archived