20 day glitch

mamasu

Has anyone else booked the 20 Days Caribbean Grand Adventure from NY to Ft Lauderdale that was changed to a 10 day voyage? I have a confirmation that states 20 days, Princess says that this was always a 10 day cruise. They claim I am the only one this happened to.

It's 20 days by way of several caribbean stops. I saw the itinerary, but its only been round trip out of FLL, not NY.

20 days from NY to FLL? Do they go by way of the Suez Canal? Come on, you had to know that was a typo.

Has anyone else booked the 20 Days Caribbean Grand Adventure from NY to Ft Lauderdale that was changed to a 10 day voyage? I have a confirmation that states 20 days, Princess says that this was always a 10 day cruise. They claim I am the only one this happened to.

Is it a confirmation of your booking? If so, the booking itinerary should show you where the ship will be for each of those 20 days as well as the embarkation date/place.

The only 20 day Caribbean Grand Adventure I've seen is from Ft. Lauderdale.

Are you sure this isn't a cruise that's sold as two separate 10-day B2B cruises AND as a 20-day cruise? If so, it could be either of these options and both your 20-day confirmation and the 10-day cruise on the Princess website are correct.

WE had fun with this on the roll call...It's the Oct. 29 repo which ends in FLL. Some of us would check into our personalizer and have it say 20 days one place, 10 days another. but it has always been just 10 days...She (Caribbean) goes to dry dock when we leave her. EM

Mamasu, it is a typo. That confirmation descriptive paragraph may say 20 days, but there has never been an itinerary showing all 20 days, it has only ever shown 10 days. Now, if you had an itinerary for sailing B142 that originally showed 20 days of ports and sea days, that would be a different matter.

The CB has been scheduled for a drydock for Nov 8.-Nov. 20 for a long time. The Roll Call was started over a year ago and the cruise was only 10 days then. In March of this year, the roll callers noted that some places on the personalizer listed it as a 20 day cruise name, but with a 10 day itinerary.

Why is it that some people have to give a smart ass answer when someone asks a question?

Good thing you have that document. I would say that Princess owes you an additional 10 day cruise or a 50% refund!! If you used a TA have them go to bat for you. Final total payment date is coming up soon!

I actually have 4 different documents, they all state the cruise is 20 days. One mentions islands that the ship does not stop at. Yes, I did book it in March 2011. It was advertised as "20 Day Caribbean Grand Adventure from NY to Ft Lauderdale." Princess has told me that this has only happened to me. I just find that really strange.

I actually have 4 different documents, they all state the cruise is 20 days. One mentions islands that the ship does not stop at. Yes, I did book it in March 2011. It was advertised as "20 Day Caribbean Grand Adventure from NY to Ft Lauderdale." Princess has told me that this has only happened to me. I just find that really strange.

Are they offering any compensation?

Mamasu, it is a typo. That confirmation descriptive paragraph may say 20 days, but there has never been an itinerary showing all 20 days, it has only ever shown 10 days. Now, if you had an itinerary for sailing B142 that originally showed 20 days of ports and sea days, that would be a different matter.

The CB has been scheduled for a drydock for Nov 8.-Nov. 20 for a long time. The Roll Call was started over a year ago and the cruise was only 10 days then. In March of this year, the roll callers noted that some places on the personalizer listed it as a 20 day cruise name, but with a 10 day itinerary.

It does mention 20 days in two places. The confirmation document is a canned document with only the booking number and passenger data added. I'm sure that more than one person got the same document.

There is quite a difference between the price I'm willing to pay for a 10 night cruise vs. a 20 night cruise (about twice a much;)). I would certainly go back to Princess and ask them to explain how you thought you paid for a 20 night cruise and instead are getting a 10 night cruise. Send them a copy of your documents. This is a very curious situation!

It does mention 20 days in two places. The confirmation document is a canned document with only the booking number and passenger data added. I'm sure that more than one person got the same document.
Every Princess confirmation I have ever received is a canned format, but it includes my itinerary on it, by date.

Good thing you have that document. I would say that Princess owes you an additional 10 day cruise or a 50% refund!! If you used a TA have them go to bat for you. Final total payment date is coming up soon!

Or a 100% refund and no cruise.

Strange error though.

What questions?

Princess said it was a mistake, they don't know how it happened. I was the only person it happened to. The most they would do is upgrade my mid ship balcony to a mini suite (didn't say where.) I don't like their mini suites and the great deal I thought I found turned out to be half of what I expected. I did 6 cruises on Princess this past year, now it's time to explore the other cruise lines. I'm taking my 2nd cruise on HAL on Sept 11th. I already miss the sanctuary on Princess.

What questions?

Princess said it was a mistake, they don't know how it happened. I was the only person it happened to. The most they would do is upgrade my mid ship balcony to a mini suite (didn't say where.) I don't like their mini suites and the great deal I thought I found turned out to be half of what I expected. I did 6 cruises on Princess this past year, now it's time to explore the other cruise lines. I'm taking my 2nd cruise on HAL on Sept 11th. I already miss the sanctuary on Princess.

Like the question from Cherylandtk asking you if you had an itinerary for all 20 days with your confirmation.

Bill

No I did not have a copy of the itinerary. However my confirmation did not say 10 days Caribbean Islander From New York to Ft. Lauderdale

This itinerary features a 10-day cruise with 7 ports of call, including visits to San Juan, St. Thomas, and Aruba. Meals and entertainment are inclusive.

It said VOYAGE SUMMARY

20 days Caribbean Grand Adventure From New York to Ft. Lauderdale From Antigua’s rich naval history and Grand Turk’s “pirate past” to the exciting underwater opportunities in Aruba, St. Thomas and Princess Cays, you’ll return from this 20-day cruise with memories that will last a lifetime.

Su

Well, sadly, that's the thing. Without a 20 day itinerary you never really had a 20 day cruise booked.

That voyage has been marketed and sold as a 10 day voyage (with a drydock immediately after) for a long time before you put any money down. Yes, the written summary paragraph was wrong. It apparently was copied and incorrectly edited when it was used as a template for the description page. That happens from time to time, just as some voyages show the wrong map of ports. The deciding factor is the itinerary listed on your confirmation, which was a 10 day voyage.

I am sorry this misunderstanding occurred and that you thought there were an additional 10 days not listed on your itinerary. Fortunately, it was cleared up before you reached penalty period and have received a full refund of your deposit.

There is a big difference in the description too.

10 days Caribbean Islander From New York to Ft. Lauderdale sounds ok.

20 days Caribbean Grand Adventure From New York to Ft. Lauderdale sounds great.

Archived